Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Fey realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2010 :  17:14:22  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL @ the 'soda' reference (I don't drink it... nor alcohol, for that matter).

And if I told you about half the stuff I've seen and experienced in MY life, you'd think I was even MORE nuts.

An old Irish saying:

"Of course I don't believe in leprecauns........ but they exist, you know."

Not that I've seen any 'little people', but I'm still hoping.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2010 :  01:16:02  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahem, if I may intrude- I have. Used to have what I can only call gnomes living somewhere around my house when I was a kid. Little rustling noises in my room in the middle of the night that drove my cat nuts listening to them from my bed (no holes for mice, and she NEVER tried to "hunt" them, just watched). Also had a fairy of the tiny winged variety who apparently came attached to a tea rose bush I bought for my first apartment. She used to hide my car keys nearly every morning when I was getting ready for work. Don't know why, unless she just liked playing jokes. Found them in some FREAKY places- on top of the toilet tank, on the back of the couch, under my pillow.... And this even though I kept them on the edge of the kitchen counter near the door just so I'd always have them handy. Nope, can't tell ME there's no such thing as fey!! Friggin fairies...

I also have a theory that thee might be some fey blood in my family- all the women are mildly psychic, including me, and my mother's side are ALL under 5'6". And we're Irish. I'm thinking leprechaun or possible elf (RL, not D&D) blood. With all the research I've done recently on fey/human interactions in folklore, it would not surprise me at all to find there was a fey hiding in the family tree. And yes, I AM perfectly sane, or so the voices tell me... ;)

Edit for net stupidity...

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u

Edited by - Alystra Illianniis on 21 Nov 2010 01:21:03
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2010 :  01:53:17  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've always inclined towards thinking of elves less as they're described in D&D/Tolkien and more as they're described in Discworld. Treacherous creatures, inhumanly sadistic, devious and cunning. Generally a bit on the tall side, too.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2010 :  07:21:13  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To misquote Monty Python -
Guard: What? A fairy carrying a ring of keys?
King: She could grip them by the dongle!
Guard: It's not a question of where she grips it - it's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce fairy could not carry a one pound ring of keys ...

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2010 :  03:38:41  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL!!!Well, Keep in mind that RL fey are often known to shape-shift, and anyone who's seen legend knows that they can be as big as they want. And my understanding of elves is that they are not sadistic or inherently treacherous- just very different in mind-set from humans. They might for instance, trick a human into an untimely demise for a perceived transgression, while rewarding another for offering gifts or remembering to abide by a certain taboo. I've read stories of them granting blessings to mortals who are good neighbors, but the minute the human goes back on the pact, the fey folk retaliate with a streak of cruelty. Mild or severe, depending on the affront. They DO have a sense of honor, and demand respect and honesty. At least from humans, though they seem not to care about lying to or stealing from humans themselves.

And along that note, I also know of at least one tree with a Hob in it. (Not hobgoblin, this is a different creature, more like a gnarled gnome with a nasty streak when crossed or when someone trespasses in his territory. They seem to have a guardian-type relationship to the lands around their homes. I was on good terms with this one, when I lived in that area. Then again, I've been on a first name basis with at least one ghost, too...)

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2010 :  04:24:55  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alystra, I think you would enjoy the novels Midnight's Daughter and Death's Mistress written by Karen Chance - they're really more about vampire stuff but seem compatible with your views of elves. Of course I've already mentioned Terry Pratchett's amusing Discworld books (um, like, all of them). You might also like the Noble Dead series, the Harshini/Demon Child trilogy (and other books) by Jennifer Fallon, and Sherrilyn Kenyon's books (hugely popular pulp; mostly very meh to me, though I did like Acheron). Strange faerie creatures, of sorts, feature in all these to some extent.

An excellent list of fantasy authors is maintained here, and it contains many authors (including a lot of my favourite "golden age" ones) which I want very, very much to list. If I had to name favourites, I'd probably pick Mickey Zucker Reichert's Legend of Nightfall and Return of Nightfall, Lyndon Hardy's trilogy (at least the first two books, as I've not yet read the third), pretty much everything written by Michael Swanwick (especially his short King Dragon and related Iron Dragon books) - plus other "manly" fantasy fiction, generally having little to do with faerie at all (beyond Elric of Melniboné, sort of).

I'd suggest keeping OP and starting a new scroll (or continuing an old one), linked here please, if anyone feels the desire to discuss fantasy books and authors (Realms or otherwise).
(I posted this here instead of PM because others might find it interesting.)

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 22 Nov 2010 05:33:59
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2010 :  05:42:07  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, well, those all sound interesting, but I may have to wait to read any of them. I'm currently living in an area with a rather crappy library, no book stores for miles around, and no $$ to buy anything on-line or otherwise. My reading options went DRASTICALLY downhill when I moved....

On topic, I've really done little delving into any of the FR fey lore, so most of this stuff is Greek to me in terms of canon lore to use. Anyone have a good list of resources to bone up? (pdf's or site listings prefered, for the reasons mentioned above.)

My stories:

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2010 :  06:18:42  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
PHBR8/Complete Book of Elves is standard fare, not very feyish at all. You probably wouldn't like it much, Alystra.

The WotC Fey Feature archive and Mithrendain, Citadel of the Feywild articles, some forum talk (Children of the Fey), Brimstone's Candlekeep scroll Previous Edition Downloads -- Current Links and The eBooks Bay Free Third Party 4E Collection have some few feyish titles, Emerald Press: The Key of the Fey.
* I believe these sites are all free legal downloads * [mods: please edit if you feel otherwise]

Not free, but generally low cost - Van Richten's Guide to Shadow Fey, paizo's Iconic Bestiary: Classic Fey (d20), Goodman Games: Complete Guide to Fey. I don't have the second tome, but the others are pretty good (for my purposes, anyhow).

Doesn't your "rather crappy" public library participate in any kind of multi-branch book request program; basically one big library (and catalogue index) that just happens to be stored in numerous buildings and cities?

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 22 Nov 2010 06:43:29
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2010 :  12:41:24  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alystra, fey took the keys, lol. How can you see them, were you on some entheogens

There's almost nothing about FR fey lore, that's the purpose of the thread, using ideas from other fantasy worlds.

Only this one. There's also Ed's article about Tapann and the korreds, not that useful for me.
Go to Top of Page

Kno
Senior Scribe

452 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2010 :  17:03:48  Show Profile Send Kno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
if Elminster cares, where is he when we need him?

z455t
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2010 :  17:21:29  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quale- No, I was not "on" anything- I simply have a little bit of natural "Sight" when it comes to such things. Blame it on the Irish heritage. That, and I am also Wiccan, so have learned to use it a bit better than might otherwise be possible. And I never actually saw much more than a small slash of light moving around in the room, usually followed by some peculiar electrical phenomenna, or occasional noises, or my cat becoming extremely interested in said light.

More recently, speaking of "fairies", my aunt took a pic of my step-dad yesterday at our family thanksgiving/birthday dinner wearing a tiara and holding a wand. A "fairy godfather", LOL!!! Sorry, but it was just too funny not to mention given the topic.

Arik, thanks for the links, although I probably will not be using those 4th ed one as I simply refuse to have anything to do with post-Spellplague outside of a few novels from my favorite authors. I've got all of the downloads from previous editions from the WotC site, but I might check out those other ones. As to that Complete book of Elves, I've been wanting to get my hands on it for years- any chance you know where I could find it? Last time I googled downloads for it, all I could find was some over-priced (IMO) hard copies on Amazon. Yes, the library here does participate in a consortium, but even that has a hard time getting the books I want. Gauntlegrym is not even available through it for six months, and it took me almost a month just to get my hands on El Must Die- after it's been out for nearly a year now. Frankly, their consortium sucks. At my previous location, I was able to order the entire Lady Penitant set in just a few weeks, where-as here, I could barely even get Stowaway or the Ghost King.

My stories:

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2010 :  19:11:46  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lots of PHBR8s at eBay these days, if you aren't particular about mint condition you can Buy It Now for as little as 9 gold pieces. There really aren't any other legal avenues for acquiring a copy of this tome. Yule cometh, maybe you can drop some subtle hints (tough choice ... new wand, athamé, or book of feyish lore?)

It is a good book to have, but as I said, you'll probably find it's not very feyish flavoured. Not even spiced with any Tolkien. To me it seems a little bit contrived, just the filler book about "elves" to round off the Complete Handbook series; my players routinely focus on the extra proficiency and bladesong stuff but ignore the rest.

[Edit]
A few books of fey lore are mentioned in Fellfire's Evil Fey scroll.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 22 Nov 2010 19:34:26
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2010 :  23:30:16  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I forgot to mention Elves of Evermeet and Spellbound (just monsters), they have some fae lore.

There's a lot of non FR books that are better than the Complete Book of Elves. The ones that are useful:

Faeries (Bastion Press, almost FR)
Pathfinder 36 (the First World article)
Tall Tales of the Wee Folk (Mystara)
Van Richten's Guide to Shadow Fey (Ravenloft)
Monstrous Compendium 3 (Ravenloft)
Monster Mythology
lore scattered in Planescape, particularly the Celts
Dragon 155, 239
Creatures of Light and Shadow (Birthright)

the rest of the 3rd party sources I checked were unsatisfying, tough I don't know about non D&D rpgs

fictional FR sources that are worth, Counselors and Kings (has unseelies) and Frostfell

quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

Quale- No, I was not "on" anything- I simply have a little bit of natural "Sight" when it comes to such things. Blame it on the Irish heritage. That, and I am also Wiccan, so have learned to use it a bit better than might otherwise be possible. And I never actually saw much more than a small slash of light moving around in the room, usually followed by some peculiar electrical phenomenna, or occasional noises, or my cat becoming extremely interested in said light.

cool
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2010 :  00:46:38  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have The Complete guide to Fey by Goodman Games, which is a decent product.

And as for paranormal phenomena that is 'invisible' most of the time - you can see them with those parts of your brain that most folks don't use.

And Alystra, I have 'Lucid' dreams that are so damn real I can still smell them after I wake up (like perfume, or a cigarette, etc). In many cases I am re-living someone else's memories (and I scared the crap out of my bro-in-law when I told him I knew he was cheating on his wife and with who). I've also done tests where I draw objects VERY similar to ones someone else draws (I use to do this with my cousin all the time, and freak our parents out). I can't 'send' (I wish), but my mind works like a radio receiver (thoughts are just electrical impulses, after all). I've had several precognitive dreams as well, usually having to do with the death of a family member (happened three times thus far), and one truly awful one I hope never comes true (god help us all). The heat was so intense that I actually had a burn on my face (from a dream!).

I've also seen objects move by themselves (there were at least 5 other witnesses to one incident), and have a period of 'lost time' from childhood after seeing strange lights in the sky. Yeah... I'm nuts.

But I haven't seen a fairy yet... unless you want to count those three 'elementals' the Ghosthunters caught on video when they were Ireland. I've met Jason and Grant, BTW - great guys.

I have my theories about all this phenomena - it's really all interconnected, but those are thoughts for a different site.

As for why people can't always see certain things, just think about all the weird defense mechanisms that living organisms have developed for survival. The next time you see Obi-Wan say "These aren't the droids you are looking for", just remember that Yoda is two feet tall and has pointed ears.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 23 Nov 2010 00:59:25
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2010 :  01:41:19  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Markustay
And as for paranormal phenomena that is 'invisible' most of the time - you can see them with those parts of your brain that most folks don't use.
As someone inclined towards hard engineering, I will comment that any machine constructed of living components is notoriously unreliable. It can be said that all living things defy this logic, leading to arguments about finer definitions. I'll just leave it at that, accepting that we probably cannot agree in this point of view.

I think I can confidently expect we will agree on this: regardless of the causes and effects, human minds are hardwired and coded with inexplicable anomalies (and flaws). Besides "those parts of your brain that most folks don't use" pretty much covers, um, all of it, except perhaps those parts controlling speech and breathing.
quote:
The next time you see Obi-Wan say "These aren't the droids you are looking for", just remember that Yoda is two feet tall and has pointed ears.
There is also this.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 23 Nov 2010 02:57:37
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2010 :  02:49:09  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@ Arik: ROFLMAO!!!!! I always wondered what happened to those poor guys. Bet they got "demoted", Vader style.

MT: That's some pretty freaky stuff, man. If you're interested, I could pm you some of my bizarre experiences. Precog happens to be one of my "Gifts", as well- but not in a good way. Always end up seeing really bad stuff. Some of it is just creepy. It's really cool that you met those guys- I'd love to meet them, and there's a certain old burned-out former boys' home that I'd love to see them investigate from the town I lived in before this. I experienced some nasty stuff while hanging flyers for my job of the time, at an apartment complex right next to the place. Got shoved on some stairs, and had the cover of a fire extinguisher box literally rip itself off the (locked) box and smash not two steps right in front of where I was walking. And then there's the "UFO" that I saw years ago on a camping trip with my mom and one of her friends and her daughter. That whole trip was freaky....

My stories:

Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2010 :  15:39:21  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I have The Complete guide to Fey by Goodman Games, which is a decent product.

I got the pdf today, noticed this

quote:
Overmind, The: The sentient part of The All. Fey believe
that they are but dreams of the Overmind.

The fey believe in a mythical realm of utter perfection made
just for their kind, where the True Cycle has no power.

similar to the Demiurge concept I have, and

quote:
True Cycle: The natural order of things. The fey exist out-
side the True Cycle and must create their own, specialized cycles
merely to interact with it.

quote:
“Elves are beings who were once fey but who have been
able to reenter the cycle.

Like undead, fey are incomplete souls, lacking in some fundamental resource.

tough I disagree with the fey redemption part
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2010 :  17:13:55  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yup.

Not a perfect product, but certainly full of really great ideas to pick through. I like how they sub-divided the groups, and how you can build nearly any D&D Fey with their rules. The redemption stuff I ignore as well - each of the four 'First Races' had an important role to play in paving the way for humanity, the race of destiny. I prefer your demiurge to the term 'Overmind', which reminds me too much of Marvel Comics (although the two aren't really that different - I just HATE Starfox).

The part in there about where Fey magic fits-in with arcane and divine magic is pure win (fits the folklore superbly).

I found two mentions of Fey in the old gray box (thus-far, I'm going through the whole thing again) - I'll see if I can find them (I really need to take better notes). I also found some related stuff (to some theories I've been throwing around here and elsewhere) in Dwarves Deep. Apparently, Dwarven Clerical magic and Runes use life energy to empower them - in fact, the word 'radiant' is even used at least once! In another part it explains how certain dwarven magical weapons can ignore Arcane Magic (weave-based) that normally dispels magic, such as an anti-magic field, and even goes on to relate how Elminster tried to 'overpower' one as an exercise, and nearly got killed.

More proof that 'old magic' (Non-Arcane) uses either Radiant (positive) or Umbral (negative) energy, rather then the Weave.

Edited by - Markustay on 23 Nov 2010 17:18:21
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2010 :  19:12:17  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We were just getting into the area of 'fey references' in the Evil Fey thread, and I figured to move that convo over here (especially since it pertains more to the OP then most of what I've been talking about here).

Another two good sources of inspiration are the movie Labyrinth, and anything drawn by Tony DiTerlizzi (or THIS). Lots of Fey-goodness (or badness) in his Spiderwick stuff.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2010 :  21:00:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

We were just getting into the area of 'fey references' in the Evil Fey thread, and I figured to move that convo over here (especially since it pertains more to the OP then most of what I've been talking about here).

Another two good sources of inspiration are the movie Labyrinth, and anything drawn by Tony DiTerlizzi (or THIS). Lots of Fey-goodness (or badness) in his Spiderwick stuff.

I'd hesitate to put "good" and the movie Labyrinth in the same sentence!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2010 :  22:24:08  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not a David bowie fan, eh, Wooly? Jerath is so awesome! I have gotten quite a few good ideas for my games from that movie.

My stories:

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2010 :  00:58:58  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gotta love Muppets.

Anyhow, I've been asked about Feyglades, which are just larger variants of Mushroom Rings, and I can't seem to find the canon source on those - anyone know? I'm going through all my 3e books (which is where I 'think' I read about them), but I'm just not finding them.

I have found Fey Crossroads in MoF (pg.44), and I assume the Feyglades also act as Crossroads, and I have found Boomshroom Patches.

But I haven't found those darned Mushroom patches yet - mayhap they were in a core source?

Edited by - Markustay on 24 Nov 2010 03:05:56
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2010 :  02:06:16  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It makes me wonder if muppets are in fact one of the many fey races. It does seem to explain their somewhat chaotic and childlike attributes.

Sylvan muppets, shadow muppets, arctic, desert, jungle muppets ...

I mean, c'mon!, just lookit the best muppets - talking frogs (the Artist formerly known as ...), and furry blue sweet-toothed monsters (not you, Wooly), and of course master bladesinger Yoda ... I've even seen semihuman half-muppets, y'know.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 24 Nov 2010 02:16:24
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2010 :  03:08:01  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arik

<snip>semihuman half-muppets...

Sssssshhhhh... that might be the new PC race planned for 5e.

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2010 :  03:52:25  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Sssssshhhhh... that might be the new PC race planned for 5e.
Naturally leading to all sorts of complicated muppet-genasi, muppet-dragon, and muppet-tiefling combinations.

As spoken by Kermitrios, Aasimar (muppet-archon) of the Beastlands, Celestial proxy and Feylord of the Seelie Court:
"Someday we'll find it, that rainbow connection, the lovers the dreamers and me", and, more famously: "It's not easy being green."

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 24 Nov 2010 03:58:52
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2010 :  04:27:20  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ROFLMAO!! That SOOO explains the Tweedle-bugs!! Might explain all the awakened animals, too. And we ALL know that the Fraggles are fey....

My stories:

Edited by - Alystra Illianniis on 24 Nov 2010 04:48:45
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2010 :  05:26:09  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Markustay
Anyhow, I've been asked about Feyglades, which are just larger variants of Mushroom Rings ... I have found Fey Crossroads in MoF (pg.44), and I assume the Feyglades* also act as Crossroads, and I have found Boomshroom Patches.
I don't know anything of feyglades, magic mushroom rings, and crossroads. There's some core stuff about stone circles, leylines, and the like - but these all seem more like magical source/construct things built to thin the boundaries to the Feywild than any specifically feyish stuff. I assume the fey litter the Feywild with tons of stone circles ... I wouldn't know if these serve inscrutable feyish needs or are primarily designed just for the same power-bridging purposes there as here.

* I initially read this as "Feyblades", which seem much more exciting to me than a trip to the woods. Oops.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 24 Nov 2010 05:39:29
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2010 :  05:47:00  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Feyblades.... Sounds like the fey answer to the elven Moonblades. Might have to use this idea.

My stories:

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2010 :  06:51:46  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, one possibility suggested by my feyglade/feyblade mixup might be that feyblades somehow function as portals, keys, or anchors which permit travel to and through the Feywild.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2010 :  06:55:49  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I LIKE it!!! Portal keys, most likely. Keyed to portals within stone circles or the glades. That would tie it all together nicely.

My stories:

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000