Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The ever changing realm
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2008 :  17:33:00  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Im not sure, that this is the right place to post it, but here goes.

It has come to my attension, that "Spellplague" is what happened in the year of blue fire (What year is this... 13??) ANd that 4th ED is 100years after that. I olse gather, that we are talking about a whole new realm. Have the continent changed? What exists of the "old" realm? I have heard that Mystra is dead! What about Elminster, and the Seven Sisters? Have they died aswell? And what has happened to magic en generel. The weave destroyed? Please anyone fill me in!!!

I would greatly appretiate it!!!

Many thanks!

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2008 :  17:41:01  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is someone to blame for this? Is it Cyric and Shar... The Bitch? Or is there a lot of mortal underlings who have a hand in this. No mater, please just fill me in so i have a little idea who to go after in my canpaign so it wont happen i ours!

Thanks...
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2008 :  17:45:56  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You should have a look to the articles from Wizards about the new Forgotten Realms.
follow these links to get more information about post Spellplague Realms :
Countdown to the Realms, Year of the Ageless One
Countdown to the Realms, Magic in the Forgotten Realms
Countdown to the Realms, Spellplague: The Wailing Years

One of our scribes made a list of what does still exist in the 4E Realms.
Here : 4E FR FAQ, by Markustay

Come back if you have more questions.

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.

Edited by - Fillow on 14 Jun 2008 17:50:36
Go to Top of Page

Ayunken-vanzan
Senior Scribe

Germany
657 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2008 :  17:49:39  Show Profile  Visit Ayunken-vanzan's Homepage Send Ayunken-vanzan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This has been discussed in this halls many times. A good starting point is

this scroll.

This scroll is rather long

And this scroll is about 4th ed specifically.

"What mattered our lives now? When our world had been torn from us? Folk wept, or drank, or stood staring out over the land, wondering what new horror each dawn would bring."
Elender Stormfall of Suzail

"Anyone can kill deities, cause plagues, or destroy organizations. It takes real skill to make them live on."
Varl

FR/D&D-Links 2ed Downloads

Edited by - Ayunken-vanzan on 14 Jun 2008 17:50:26
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2008 :  18:38:51  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to remind that the 4E FF Campaign Guide isn't out yet, so don't expect to find too many specific details about the upcoming changes.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000