Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Post-Spellplague bibliography
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2008 :  20:56:18  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met fellow scribes.

If you want to be up-to-date with the new version of the Realms, here are the lists of the sources which deal with the post-Spellplague Realms.

I divided this topic in two parts in the both following posts :

1-
  • RPG sourcebooks
  • Novels

2-
  • Dragon articles
  • Dungeon articles
  • Living Forgotten Realms Adventures

Feel free to write what you'd like to see in these lists : author, year(s) the story takes place, summary, aso...

I will update the both lists asap when a new source is released.

Mod edit: Title changed at Fillow's request.

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.

Edited by - Fillow on 06 Jun 2009 21:24:24

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2008 :  20:56:56  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
RPG sourcebooks :
Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide , by Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, and Chris Sims , 2008
Forgotten Realms Player's Guide , by Rob Heinsoo, Logan Bonner, and Robert J. Schwalb , 2008
Scepter Tower of Spellgard , An Adventure for Characters of 2nd-4th Level by David Noon and Greg A. Vaughan , 2008

Novels :
1373 - 1385 : The Gossamer Plain ; The Empyrean Odyssey , Book I ; by Thomas M Reid - May-07
1384 - 1385 : The Fractured Sky ; The Empyrean Odyssey , Book II ; by Thomas M Reid - Nov-08
1374 - 1479 : Shadowrealm (Epilogue only) ; The Twilight War , Book III ; by Paul S. Kemp - Dec-08
1385 - : Undead ; The Haunted Lands , Book II ; by Richard Lee Byers - Mar-08
1385 - 1396 : Plague of Spells ; The Abolethic Sovereignty , Book I ; by Bruce R. Cordell - Dec-08
1390 - : The More Things Change..., ; Realms of Infamy , Book II ; by Elaine Cunningham - written years ago and has no link with the post-Spellplague Realms
1466 - 1479 : Corsair ; Blades of the Moonsea , Book II ; by Richard Baker - Mar-09
1472 - … : The Restless Shore ; The Wilds , Book … ; by James P. Davis - May-09
1472 - … : The Orc King (Prologue & Epilogue only) ; Transitions , Book I ; by R.A. Salvatore - Oct-07
1477 - 1479 : Swordmage ; Blades of the Moonsea , Book I ; by Richard Baker - May-08
1478 - : Unholy ; The Haunted Lands , Book III ; by Richard Lee Byers - Jan-09
1479 - : Blackstaff Tower ; Ed Greenwood presents Waterdeep , Book I ; by Steven Schend - Sep-08
1479 - : Mistshore ; Ed Greenwood presents Waterdeep , Book II ; by Jaleigh Johnson - Sep-08 (referenced in the 4E index project)
1479 - … : The Fanged Crown ; The Wilds , Book … ; by Jenna Helland - Jan-09
1479 - … : Downshadow ; Ed Greenwood presents Waterdeep , Book III ; by Erik Scott de Bie - Apr-09
… - … : City of Torment ; The Abolethic Sovereignty , Book II ; by Bruce R. Cordell - Sep-09
… - … : City of the Dead ; Ed Greenwood presents Waterdeep , Book IV ; by Rosemary Jones - Jun-09

Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.

Edited by - Fillow on 10 Jun 2009 10:57:36
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2008 :  20:57:34  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dragon articles :
Year of the Ageless One , Countdown to the Realms , by Rich Baker , # 362 , p. … to … (referenced in the 4E index project)
Magic in the Forgotten Realms , Countdown to the Realms , by Bruce Cordell , # 362 , p. … to … (referenced in the 4E index project)
Spellplague: The Wailing Years , Countdown to the Realms , by Brian R. James , # 362 , p. … to … (referenced in the 4E index project)
Cormyr , Backdrop , by Brian R. James , # 365 , p. 16 to 24 (referenced in the 4E index project)
Gontal , , by Bruce R. Cordell and Ed Greenwood , # 366 , p. 50 to 52 (referenced in the 4E index project)
FR : Starting Points in the New Edition , , by Phil Athans and Bruce R. Cordell , # 366 , p. 78 to 80 (referenced in the 4E index project)
Rose Keep: A Red Wizard Enclave , , by Bruce R. Cordell , # 366 , p. 41 to 49 (referenced in the 4E index project)
Epic Faerϋn , , by Rich Baker , # 367 , p. 5 to 10 (referenced in the 4E index project)
Ecology of the Genasi , , by Rodney Thompson , # 367 , p. 11 to 21 (referenced in the 4E index project)
Children of Darkness , drow society , by Robert J. Schwalb , # 367 , p. 31 to 41 (referenced in the 4E index project)
Primordial Paths , swordmages' spells , by Greg Bilsland , # 367 , p. 55 to 57 (referenced in the 4E index project)
Hall of the Frostmaiden , , by Brian R. James , # 367 , p. 58 to 62 (referenced in the 4E index project)
Adventurers of the Realms , Ancient Magic and Present Threats , by Chris Tulach , # 370 , p. 35 to 39
Origin Stories , playing a Warforged in Toril , by Bruce R. Cordell , # 371 , p. 39 to 42
Tarmalune , Backdrop , by Ed Greenwood , # 372 , p. 46 to 59
Sharn of the Forgotten Realms , , by Brian R. James , # 373 , p. 58 to 59
Gontal, Dominions of Nehu , , by Bruce R. Cordell , # 375 , p. 77 to 84

Dungeon articles :
Keep on the Shadowfell , Forgotten Realms Conversion , by Greg Bilsland , # 155 , p. 4 to 17 (referenced in the 4E index project)
Thunderspire , Forgotten Realms Conversion , by Greg Bilsland , # 156 , p. 106 to 111 (referenced in the 4E index project)
Menace of the Icy Spire , An Adventure for Characters of 2nd Level , by Sean Molley , # 159 , p. 4 to 22 (referenced in the 4E index project)
No more Dungeon FR data from #160 to #165

Living Forgotten Realms Adventures :
CORE1-01 Inheritance - for PC levels 1-4 - set in : Sembia - year : …
CORE1-02 The Radiant Vessel of Thesk - for PC levels 1-4 - set in : Thesk - year : …
CORE1-03 Sense of Wonder - for PC levels 1-4 - set in : Nelanther Isles - year : …
CORE1-04 Crystal Clear - for PC levels 4-7 - set in : Amn - year : …
CORE1-05 Touched by Darkness - for PC levels 4-7 - set in : Sembia - year : …
CORE1-06 Incident at the Gorge of Gauros - for PC levels 7-10 - set in : Rashemen & Thay - year : …
CORE1-07 Sovereign of the Mines - for PC levels 7-10 - set in : Nelanther Isles - year : …
CORE1-08 Taken - for PC levels 7-10 - set in : Sembia - year : …
CORE1-09 Ages Best Left Forgotten - for PC levels 7-10 - set in : Thay - year : …
CORE1-10 Dancing Shadows - for PC levels 4-7 - set in : Fallen Lands - year : …
CORE1-13 The Fate of Camp 15 - for PC levels 1-4 - set in : lands of the Lake of Steam - year : …
CORE1-14 What Storms May Come - for PC levels 11-14 - set in : … - year : …
ADAP1-01 Barrow of the Ogre King - for PC levels 1-2 - set in : Loudwater - year : …
ADCP 1-01 Jungle Hunt - for PC levels 1-14 - set in : Chult - year : …
AGLA1-01 Lost Temple of the Fey Gods - for PC levels 1-4 - set in : Aglarond - year : …
AGLA1-02 At the Foot of the Lighthouse - for PC levels 4-7 - set in : Aglarond - year : …
AGLA1-03 The Worst of All Snares - for PC levels 7-10 - set in : Aglarond - year : …
AGLA1-04 Through Twilight Boughs - for PC levels 4-7 - set in : Aglarond - year : …
AKAN1-01 The Rotting Ruin of Galain - for PC levels 1-4 - set in : Akanϋl - year : …
AKAN1-02 The Depths of Airspur - for PC levels 4-7 - set in : Akanϋl - year : …
AKAN1-03 Property for Sale - for PC levels 7-10 - set in : Akanϋl - year : …
AKAN1-04 Runes in Ruins - for PC levels 4-7 - set in : Akanϋl - year : …
BALD1-01 Flames of Initiation - for PC levels 1-4 - set in : Baldur’s Gate - year : …
BALD1-02 The Night I Called the Undead Out - for PC levels 4-7 - set in : Baldur’s Gate - year : …
BALD1-03 Tome of the Traitor - for PC levels 7-10 - set in : Baldur’s Gate - year : …
BALD1-04 Silent Streets and Vanished Souls - for PC levels 1-4 - set in : Baldur’s Gate - year : …
CORM1-01 The Black Knight of Arabel - for PC levels 1-4 - set in : Cormyr - year : …
CORM1-02 Gangs of Wheloon - for PC levels 4-7 - set in : Cormyr - year : …
CORM1-03 Head Above Water - for PC levels 7-10 - set in : Cormyr - year : …
CORM1-04 Black Steel and Blue Fire - for PC levels 7-10 - set in : Cormyr - year : …
DALE1-01 The Prospect - for PC levels 1-4 - set in : Dalelands - year : …
DALE1-02 Blades for Daggerdale - for PC levels 4-7 - set in : Dalelands - year : …
DALE1-03 Master and Servant - for PC levels 7-10 - set in : Dalelands - year : …
DALE1-04 The Lady in Flames - for PC levels 4-7 - set in : Dalelands - year : …
DALE1-05 Hunters' Down - for PC levels 7-10 - set in : Dalelands - year : …
DRAG1-01 Many Hands Make Light Work - for PC levels 1-4 - set in : Dragon Coast - year : …
DRAG1-02 A Thin Gray Line - for PC levels 4-7 - set in : Dragon Coast - year : …
DRAG1-03 A Stab in the Dark - for PC levels 7-10 - set in : Dragon Coast - year : …
DRAG1-04 Falling Snow, White Petal - for PC levels 4-7 - set in : Dragon Coast - year : …
EAST1-01 These Hallowed Halls - for PC levels 1-4 - set in : East Rift - year : …
EAST1-02 Marauder’s Spear - for PC levels 4-7 - set in : East Rift - year : …
EAST1-03 Unbidden - for PC levels 7-10 - set in : East Rift - year : …
EAST1-04 Darkness in Delzimmer - for PC levels 1-4 - set in : East Rift - year : …
IMPI1-01 Alone - for PC levels 1-4 - set in : Impiltur - year : …
IMPI1-02 Breaking Point - for PC levels 4-7 - set in : Impiltur - year : …
IMPI1-03 Lost Souls - for PC levels 7-10 - set in : Impiltur - year : …
IMPI1-04 Bandits on the Farm - for PC levels 4-7 - set in : Impiltur - year : …
IMPI1-05 Demon Hunting - for PC levels 4-7 - set in : Impiltur - year : …
LURU1-01 Slivers of Eaerlann - for PC levels 1-4 - set in : Luruar - year : …
LURU1-02 The Gibbous Moon - for PC levels 4-7 - set in : Luruar - year : …
LURU1-03 Shades of Blue Fire - for PC levels 7-10 - set in : Luruar - year : …
LURU1-04 Prey for the Night - for PC levels 7-10 - set in : Luruar - year : …
LURU1-05 Beyond the Wild Frontier - for PC levels 7-10 - set in : Luruar - year : …
MINI 1-01 Stirring the Embers - for PC levels 1-4 - set in : Tarmulune - year : …
MOON1-01 Nature’s Wrath - for PC levels 1-4 - set in : Moonshae - year : …
MOON1-02 The Sea Drake - for PC levels 4-7 - set in : Moonshae - year : …
MOON1-02 The Sea Drake - for PC levels 4-7 - set in : Waterdeep - year : …
MOON1-03 Black Gold - for PC levels 7-10 - set in : Moonshae - year : …
MOON1-04 Black Blood - for PC levels 7-10 - set in : Moonshae - year : …
PREV 01 Scalegloom Hall - for PC levels 1 - set in : Baldur's Gate and the Cloak Wood - year : …
PREV 02 Escape From Sembia - for PC levels 1 - set in : Sembia - year : …
PREV 03 Death in the Skyfire Wastes - for PC levels 3 - set in : Calimshan - year : …
QUES 1-01 Black Cloaks & Bitter Rivalries - for PC levels 7-10 - set in : Western Heartlands - year : …
SPEC1-01 Shades of the Zhentarim - for PC levels 1-4 - set in : Zhentil Keep - year : …
SPEC1-02 Zhent’s Ancient Shadows - for PC levels 7-10 - set in : Zhentil Keep - year : …
SPEC1-03 Ghosts of the Past - for PC levels 1-14 - set in : Myth Drannor - year : …
TYMA1-01 Elder Wisdom - for PC levels 1-4 - set in : Tymanther - year : …
TYMA1-02 Taking Stock of the Situation - for PC levels 4-7 - set in : Tymanther - year : …
TYMA1-03 Tools of the Trade - for PC levels 7-10 - set in : Tymanther - year : …
TYMA1-04 Death Before Dishonor - for PC levels 4-7 - set in : Tymanther - year : …
TYMA1-05 From One Dwarf to Another - for PC levels 1-4 - set in : Tymanther - year : …
WATE1-01 Heirloom - for PC levels 1-4 - set in : Waterdeep - year : …
WATE1-02 Dark Secrets of Downshadow - for PC levels 4-7 - set in : Waterdeep - year : …
WATE1-03 The Woolmen’s Restless Tomb - for PC levels 7-10 - set in : Waterdeep - year : …
WATE1-04 Mystery of Deepwater Harbor - for PC levels 7-10 - set in : Waterdeep - year : …
WATE1-05 Lost in the Fog - for PC levels 1-4 - set in : Waterdeep - year : …
WEEK 1-01 Beneath Haunted Halls (Part 1) - for PC levels 1-4 - set in : Cormyr - year : …
WEEK 1-02 Beneath Haunted Halls (Part 2) - for PC levels 1-4 - set in : Cormyr - year : …
WEEK 1-03 Beneath Haunted Halls (Part 3) - for PC levels 1-4 - set in : Cormyr - year : …

La brute.com

Edited by - Fillow on 10 Jun 2009 11:28:41
Go to Top of Page

eldritchknight
Acolyte

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2008 :  04:28:26  Show Profile  Visit eldritchknight's Homepage Send eldritchknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
City of the Dead is the 4th book in Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep series of books.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2008 :  17:54:24  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The More Things Change is technically "Post-Spellplague", but the story itself has nothing to do with the Spellplague or with any 4E events, as it was written years ago. Also, it's a short story, not a novel.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 05 Sep 2008 17:54:47
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2008 :  18:32:09  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't have them at my disposal at the moment, but do the Double Diamond books story occur during any of this time?? And was it decided that it is non-canon or canon?

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2008 :  18:43:19  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

I don't have them at my disposal at the moment, but do the Double Diamond books story occur during any of this time?? And was it decided that it is non-canon or canon?

Supposedly, they were going to become canon, but I don't know if that ever quite panned out.

I think the novels took place in 1377 DR. If I'm correct, they'd be pre-Spellplague.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2008 :  21:03:10  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

The More Things Change is technically "Post-Spellplague", but the story itself has nothing to do with the Spellplague or with any 4E events, as it was written years ago. Also, it's a short story, not a novel.

Thanks lovely Rinonalyrna

So, it's a canon short story which is not canon anymore ?
What's the position of it in the Realms events ? Did WotC designers "forget" it in their Realms re-setting ?

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2008 :  21:54:53  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For better or worse, FR fiction can indeed be kicked out of canon. My story in Realms of Shadow was canon when I wrote it, but the events in it are not consistent with material that was published later. So I guess that at this point, it's simply a (hopefully) entertaining tall tale of the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2008 :  23:07:04  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

You're welcome.

quote:

Well, I wouldn't say that it's no longer canon (couldn't say for sure). Most of the story, IIRC, consists of Elaith's thinking about his past and how it got him to where he is now. In other words, nothing in the story contradicts new lore, as far as I can recall, but it doesn't scream Spellplague/4E Realms either.

My main reason for pointing this out is to let certain people (those who want novels "that deal with the Spellplague") know that this short story might not be what they are looking for.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2008 :  01:15:58  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

Supposedly, they were going to become canon, but I don't know if that ever quite panned out.

I think the novels took place in 1377 DR. If I'm correct, they'd be pre-Spellplague.

You are right on both counts! I just got them, but have not read them yet.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Edited by - The Red Walker on 06 Sep 2008 01:21:48
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2008 :  18:57:20  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eldritchknight

City of the Dead is the 4th book in Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep series of books.

I'm not able to find information about this opus !

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2008 :  19:20:49  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by eldritchknight

I'm not able to find information about this opus !

Haven't seen anything public on it yet either.
Keep up the good work friend!

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2008 :  20:08:07  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Thanks the Red One. And congratulations for your new title of Master of Realmslore !

La brute.com

Edited by - Fillow on 07 Sep 2008 20:08:41
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2008 :  21:28:42  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Thanks the Red One. And congratulations for your new title of Master of Realmslore !

Thank you very much, I appreciate it!

Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2008 :  23:53:44  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The frontmatter in the first two "Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep" books indicates that City of the Dead is by Rosemary Jones and will be released in June, 2009.

My Realms novel, Sandstorm, is now available for ordering.
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2008 :  05:16:40  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Christopher_Rowe

The frontmatter in the first two "Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep" books indicates that City of the Dead is by Rosemary Jones and will be released in June, 2009.

Thanks Christopher.

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2008 :  15:13:59  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I like the author, so I'll probably read that book.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2008 :  16:31:37  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I like the author, so I'll probably read that book.

I know I will.

I hope Rosemary gets bookplates for that one as well!!

Go to Top of Page

Ranak
Learned Scribe

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2008 :  20:34:20  Show Profile  Visit Ranak's Homepage Send Ranak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A few more:

The Restless Shore: The Wilds - James P. Davis (May 5 2009)

Unholy: Haunted Lands - Richard Lee Byers (Feb 3 2009)

The Fanged Crown: The Wilds - Jenna Helland (Jan 6 2009)

quote:

2- Novels which happen in the year 1479DR, Year of the Ageless One

• Swordmage, Blades of the Moonsea Book I
  • , by Richard Baker
  • Blackstaff tower, Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep
  • , by Steven Schend
  • Mistshore, Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep, by Jaleigh Johnson

Novels to be released :
  • Corsair, Blades of the Moonsea Book II
  • , by Richard Baker - (Mar 2009)
  • Downshadow, Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep, by Erik Scott de Bie - (Apr 2009)

• City of the Dead, Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep, by Rosemary Jones - (Jun 2009)

Edited by - Ranak on 09 Sep 2008 07:04:44
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2391 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2008 :  01:53:45  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

What's the position of it in the Realms events ? Did WotC designers "forget" it in their Realms re-setting ?

This is easily resolved if you assume that the story's final scene takes place shortly before the spellplague, and not in 1390, the date assigned to it by the folks who compiled one of the FR timelines. There is nothing in the story itself that affixes a hard-and-fast date to this scene, so this is an easy fix.

ec

Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2008 :  04:29:11  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad to see you here again, Ms Cunningham! What other works can we expect from you in the 4th ed vein?

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2008 :  05:09:10  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham about The More Things Change

This is easily resolved if you assume that the story's final scene takes place shortly before the spellplague, and not in 1390, the date assigned to it by the folks who compiled one of the FR timelines. There is nothing in the story itself that affixes a hard-and-fast date to this scene, so this is an easy fix.

ec

Thanks a lot for answering Elaine.
It's a honor to read you in this topic.

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2008 :  20:12:11  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ranak

A few more:

The Restless Shore: The Wilds - James P. Davis (May 5 2009)

Unholy: Haunted Lands - Richard Lee Byers (Feb 3 2009)

The Fanged Crown: The Wilds - Jenna Helland (Jan 6 2009)

Thanks for helping Ranak.

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2391 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2008 :  00:32:29  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arion Elenim

Glad to see you here again, Ms Cunningham! What other works can we expect from you in the 4th ed vein?

At present, I am not working in 4th edition FR. Work currently under contract includes a Star Wars book (due October 1), a six-part serial novella for Paizo's Pathfinder Journal, and a short story commissioned for a small press anthology. I also have some on-spec work in progress. As much as I love Ed Greenwood's world--and I have a very hard time keeping away from it--I'm spending more time these days developing settings and characters of my own.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2008 :  00:58:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

Work currently under contract includes a Star Wars book (due October 1)...
Oooh! Now I like hearing that. Are there any particular tidbits you can share about this work, Elaine?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2008 :  01:06:40  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Oooh! Now I like hearing that. Are there any particular tidbits you can share about this work, Elaine?
I second this request!

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2391 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2008 :  04:08:51  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

I second this request!

Alas, no. Del Rey's NDA restrictions are draconian, even by WotC standards. I have heard that Star Wars writers are implanted with an NDA chip, similar to the exploding slave chip young Anakin Skywalker mentioned in Episode 1. I'm pretty sure this is a joke. But then, it WOULD explain those three missing days in May...

Sorry--didn't mean to derail the thread. Back to 4th Edition novels.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2008 :  06:04:01  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks anyway, Elaine.

I still might look over the Wookiepedia for any particular tidbits that may have surfaced about this future book.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2008 :  20:51:14  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi fellow scribes, I'm back after few holidays... but you do not care !

It's a mix between the thread Christopher_rowe created and my former thread about the Post-Spellplague novels (only) listing.

I'm at work in order to make it seem more readable asap...

I'd like to ask to moderators if they could change the title of this thread to "Post-Spellplague bibliography".

By advance, thanks a lot.

La brute.com

Edited by - Fillow on 28 Oct 2008 20:52:42
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2008 :  21:12:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'd like to ask to moderators if they could change the title of this thread to "Post-Spellplague bibliography".

By advance, thanks a lot.

Done, and you're welcome.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000