Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Post-Spellplague bibliography

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fillow Posted - 04 Sep 2008 : 20:56:18
Well met fellow scribes.

If you want to be up-to-date with the new version of the Realms, here are the lists of the sources which deal with the post-Spellplague Realms.

I divided this topic in two parts in the both following posts :

1-
  • RPG sourcebooks
  • Novels

2-
  • Dragon articles
  • Dungeon articles
  • Living Forgotten Realms Adventures

Feel free to write what you'd like to see in these lists : author, year(s) the story takes place, summary, aso...

I will update the both lists asap when a new source is released.

Mod edit: Title changed at Fillow's request.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BEAST Posted - 08 Nov 2009 : 20:05:57
I'm not sure if this scroll is still active, or if it's been superceded by another project elsewhere, but I'll add another novel:

* 1385 : The Ghost King ; Transitions III ; by R.A. Salvatore - OCT-09

This story is explicitly dated as taking place in the year 1385 DR (TGK, P3:C23), but more precise timing is a bit difficult.

<spoiler>
Catti-brie is driven mad as a result of her contact with wild magic (TGK, P1:C2). BRJ said <here> that such was a common effect early on when the Plague first hit, in late Tarsakh of that year.

However, since Alustriel has had time to convene a council in Silverymoon to discuss many occurrences of wild magic (TGK, P1:C2), and Cadderly has had time to act similarly in the Spirit Soaring cathedral (TGK, P1:C3), it would appear that some time has passed between the initial onset of the Plague and Cat's ordeal. Surely dignitaries, mages, clerics, and druids must have been allowed reasonable travel time in order to arrive at these meetings and discussions.

Are there any other sources revealing the specifics of Lady Alustriel's itenerary in the early days of the Plague?

We are told that it is after winter, but with the air yet noticeably chilly, when Cat is afflicted, and throughout the rest of the book. Still, there is no mention of snow or spring melts or high rivers, but ample references to the trees and grass, which take a beating in all the ruckus of the story.

The story begins with Drizzt and Catti-brie headed home from Silverymoon (TGK, P1:C2), with the Epilogue telling us that just over a month has taken place since the two had left enroute to that city (TGK, Epi.). Allowing a couple of tendays to get there, and then a few days for the actual meeting, this would indicate that this novel takes place over the course of the next few tendays following, after their departure from Silverymoon.

At one point, the text mentions that Drizzt has been on the surface for 45 years (TGK, P1:C2). My personal calculations show that Drizzt must have arrived at some point in mid-1339 DR, probably in Flamerule/July or Eleasis/August. This would mean that late summer, 1385, would mark 46 years of Drizzt's life on the surface. Therefore, for Drizzt to have only spent 45 years there, TGK must begin before the 46th anniversary of his arrival on the surface, later in the summer.

All of this would seem to indicate that TGK takes place between late Tarsakh and late Eleasis, 1385 DR. I lean toward mid Mirtul/May, or perhaps early Kythorn/June, for the beginning of the story. Let's say mid-Mirtul through late-Kythorn, 1385 DR.

</spoiler>
coach Posted - 07 Jul 2009 : 16:24:54
has anyone done a "pre-spellplague" index such as this?

i like the format

thanks fillow for your work, i have been shutting off buying WotC stuff that is post-spellplague so your index has helped me in the sense as telling me what not to buy

sounds backwards but still a huge help
Fillow Posted - 08 Jun 2009 : 20:54:28
listing updated with the Shadowrealm novel and the Dragon Magazine #375 article (Gontal, Dominions of Nehu)
Fillow Posted - 07 Jun 2009 : 20:04:25
Thanks Erethar.
I add it in my file and it will appear in the next thread update
Erethar Posted - 07 Jun 2009 : 18:01:11
The Epilogue of Shadowrealm is also set in 1479 and recounts a lot of the changes to Faerun, as well as giving hints about Masks whereabouts post-spellplague
Fillow Posted - 05 Jun 2009 : 15:27:09
I believe that all the LFRA are listed in the first page.
Tell me if you see some mistakes.

If some scribes have read or played them, please, tell me, when information does exist, when the adv. takes place.

Thanks.
Fillow Posted - 05 Jun 2009 : 08:26:57
Allright,
I will add the LFRA to the list in the day.

And as you can about the Ed's files.
The Sage Posted - 05 Jun 2009 : 00:44:14
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

What about including the LFR Adventures in the bibliography ?
I read the topic that Christopher opened about the canonity or uncanonity of these realmslore. So, it seems that LFRA are canon. That's why I think it should be in the bibliography.

Could any scribe tell me what he thinks about it ?
So long as the Realmslore included in those modules doesn't contradict currently published material in any way, I don't think it's a problem.
quote:
Sage, if you read this : Did you have time to send me the Ed's files ?
Soon. I'm just re-organising the file. I utilise a very different operating system to you, after all, and I'm afraid you may not be able to use the file, that I've compiled, in its present form.
Fillow Posted - 04 Jun 2009 : 18:04:54
I'm discovering the Living Forgotten Realms and a question titillates me !

What about including the LFR Adventures in the bibliography ?
I read the topic that Christopher opened about the canonity or uncanonity of these realmslore. So, it seems that LFRA are canon. That's why I think it should be in the bibliography.

Could any scribe tell me what he thinks about it ?
Thanks a lot.

Sage, if you read this : Did you have time to send me the Ed's files ?
Fillow Posted - 03 Jun 2009 : 14:38:44
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I *could* start distributing the '08 file via email to scribes who want it -- that is, until Alaundo has the time to update the new compilation files. But I recall how overwhelmed Kuje was when he initially offered the same over at WotC a couple of years ago.

I'm allright if you have time to do it.
I'm interested in all the files you did and which are not in the website.
I send you a MP with my email adress.
Thanks a lot Sage.
The Sage Posted - 03 Jun 2009 : 09:04:26
Actually, all my "So Saith Ed" files are up-to-date. It's just that Alaundo hasn't had the opportunity to upload the new files to the Candlekeep mainsite.

I *could* start distributing the '08 file via email to scribes who want it -- that is, until Alaundo has the time to update the new compilation files. But I recall how overwhelmed Kuje was when he initially offered the same over at WotC a couple of years ago.

So I think I'll just hold on to them for now, and give Big Al the time he needs to include the new '08 reply files here at Candlekeep.
Fillow Posted - 03 Jun 2009 : 08:24:38
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I can *try* to help out with THO/Ed's 4e replies, Fillow.

I did not dare to ask to you for it (especially since I saw that the so said Ed files were in late).
I know you already do a lot Sage. So, I would understand if you could not do it.
But you're welcome !!
Thanks a lot
The Sage Posted - 03 Jun 2009 : 00:46:16
I can *try* to help out with THO/Ed's 4e replies, Fillow.
Fillow Posted - 02 Jun 2009 : 18:08:08
I aggreed with you Edappel, but what is written in the Orc King is said to be canon. That's why I finally added it (after the insistance from Beast) to the listing.
This bibliography is not only made with novels. Single articles from Dungeon and Dragon are listed.
If I could, I would also add Ed replies from the forum but I do not have time to read and collect everything that THO reports. That's the same with other 4E authors.
So volunteers are welcome...

So, here is the reason why I put prologue and epilogue to the listing Edappel.

EDIT :
Menace of the Icy Spire is referenced in the 4E Index.
Adventurers of the Realms pending (is it the good way to say it ?)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 01 Jun 2009 : 23:00:03
quote:
Originally posted by edappel

Fillow, I think you shouldn't put the prologue and epilogue of The Orc King here. You are talking about novels, not just a chapter, right?

Well, this is a listing of post-Sellplague stuff. And those two sections of that book are post-Sellplague, even though the rest of it is pre-Sellplague. So I think it appropriate.
edappel Posted - 01 Jun 2009 : 21:15:00
Fillow, I think you shouldn't put the prologue and epilogue of The Orc King here. You are talking about novels, not just a chapter, right?
Fillow Posted - 28 May 2009 : 20:23:54
quote:
Originally posted by BEAST

Fillow,
Just a reminder that the Prologue and Epilogue of the novel The Orc King deal with the Post-Spellplague era, as well. I listed some of the key events above.

You're totally right Beast. You already remind it to me few weekks ago. Shame on me !

I've added it to my xls file andit will appear in the next post edition.

Thanks for that
BEAST Posted - 28 May 2009 : 17:43:53
Fillow,
Just a reminder that the Prologue and Epilogue of the novel The Orc King deal with the Post-Spellplague era, as well. I listed some of the key events above.
Fillow Posted - 27 May 2009 : 20:41:26
No new data added, just updated the fact that Epic Faerūn , Ecology of the Genasi , Primordial Paths, Children of Darkness and Hall of the Frostmaiden (all from Dragon #367) have been referenced in the 4E index project.
Fillow Posted - 25 May 2009 : 20:32:19
quote:
Originally posted by edappel

Congratulations for this topic... Very useful..

I'll add the link to "Best Posts", ok?

Thank you very so much Edappel.
I'm very honored you like it.

I'll try to keep it up-to-date but I will need help from other scribes while I'm unable to read everything being released.
Especially about the 4E index project !
edappel Posted - 25 May 2009 : 19:31:15
Congratulations for this topic... Very useful..

I'll add the link to "Best Posts", ok?
Fillow Posted - 24 May 2009 : 14:47:47
I've updated the RPG sourcebooks, Dragon & Dungeon articles post (the second one of the thread).

EDIT : I've also updated the novels list.

EDIT II : I've added the "referenced in the 4E index project" information.
I still look for volunteers to collect information within this project. So, if you read and agree to take few notes while reading, please, go there : http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11645

Please tell me if something's missing in the post-Spellplague FR books listing.
BEAST Posted - 07 Jan 2009 : 13:27:46
quote:
I might mistaken the meaning of your post. So, excuse-me and tell me.

I can understand your confusion with the first novel mentioned. I just put that in there because someone else had included another author's latest work that came right before the Plague, so I did so, too. TPK just coincidentally happened to be RAS's latest.

But if you look at the info for TOK, you can see that quite a bit of info about the Plague and era afterward is revealed in the Prologue and Epilogue, post-1385 DR. Those two parts are set a century after the signing of the Treaty of Garumn's Gorge (1372 DR), and roughly a century after the onset of the Spellplague (1385 DR). I included the info about when the treaty occurred (before the Plague) in order to help place the time setting of the Prologue, which takes place a hundred years after that (1472 DR).
Fillow Posted - 06 Jan 2009 : 20:00:23
euh... Thanks for these data Beast.
But the listing I try to create is about the novels which deal with Spellplague as an event and the years after the appearance of it. So it began in the year 1385, year of the Blue Fire (surprising name ! isn't it ?).

I might mistaken the meaning of your post. So, excuse-me and tell me.
BEAST Posted - 06 Jan 2009 : 19:42:05
2. Novels:
  • Prologue and Epilogue of Transitions, Book I: The Orc King, by R.A. Salvatore

• - The Year of Wild Magic arrives (1372 DR; TOK, P1:C1).

- Wulfgar returns to Icewind Dale (TOK, P4:C31); This takes place in the summer of 1372 DR (The Grand History of the Realms, p.153)

- The signing of the Treaty of Garumn's Gorge (TOK, P4:C31; apparently also in summer, 1372 DR)

- Post-Spellplague, rise of Netheril, coming of aboleths, discordant joining of two worlds (TOK, Pro.)

- A reference to Drizzt having "fought again against Obould II in the great war in the Year of the Solitary Cloister" (1408 DR; TOK, Pro.)

- Bruenor Battlehammer "was" (spoken of in the past tense), and it is said of Drizzt that he "had known those decades before" the dwarves Bruenor, Pwent, and Dagnabbit (i.e., decades before the 1470s DR; TOK, Pro.)

- Glance at events dealing with the orc nation under the reign of Obould VI after "a century of progress" (TOK, Pro.), "a hundred years" after the signing of the treaty (TOK, Pro.), and "a century beyond that ceremony" (TOK, Epi.) -> Pro. & Epi. should be dated around 1472 DR

EDIT, 07-JAN-2009:
- Snipped reference to The Pirate King
- Emboldened references to post-Spellplague era.
Fillow Posted - 06 Jan 2009 : 16:26:05
quote:

Did I mistake when I noted there was no FR data neither in the last Dragon issues (#368 & #369), nor in the last Dungeon issues ?
Was does it happen with the Realms and our magazines ?

Did anyone read these issues and could answer my question please ?
Fillow Posted - 26 Dec 2008 : 17:37:45
Did I mistake when I noted there was no FR data neither in the last Dragon issues (#368 & #369), nor in the last Dungeon issues ?
Was does it happen with the Realms and our magazines ?
Fillow Posted - 29 Oct 2008 : 20:55:41
I believe there are no FR articles in the last issues of Dragon (#368) & Dungeon (#159).
Do I mistake ?
Fillow Posted - 28 Oct 2008 : 21:17:41
I insist to thank you Wooly.
I'm ready to receive suggestions about this topic...
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Oct 2008 : 21:12:20
quote:

I'd like to ask to moderators if they could change the title of this thread to "Post-Spellplague bibliography".

By advance, thanks a lot.

Done, and you're welcome.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000