Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 favourite cahracter
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

koz
Seeker

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2007 :  09:52:51  Show Profile  Visit koz's Homepage Send koz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My vote goes to Danillo. The charm and foppishness mixed with wannabe detective and if all else fails fighter with a little bit of a wizard thrown in. What's not to like?
Go to Top of Page

Weiser_Cain
Seeker

87 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2007 :  11:25:12  Show Profile  Visit Weiser_Cain's Homepage Send Weiser_Cain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Six way tie
Szass Tam
Velsharoon
Obould
Manshoon
Shuruppak
Quenthel

Close Seconds
Gerti
Drizzt
his panther
Liriel Baenre
Gromph Baenre

I'm always the Wizard!
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2007 :  12:59:07  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My vote goes for Bruenor Battlehammer

Bruenor Battlehammer in "The Hunter's Blades" trilogy".. OMG! I`t GOOOD

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1
Go to Top of Page

quajack
Seeker

86 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2007 :  22:49:49  Show Profile  Visit quajack's Homepage Send quajack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jack Ravenwild.
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2007 :  02:07:21  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted for Drizzt Mr. Rupert

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2007 :  10:55:56  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unbelieveable that I missed this poll so far. Well, I will not let this opportunity slip by again. I voted for Khelben. However, to be honest, my favorite characters where not on the list:

Gwydion the Quick (from Crucible) and
Pharaun (from WotSC).

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 27 Jan 2007 10:57:04
Go to Top of Page

Aureus
Learned Scribe

Luxembourg
125 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2007 :  11:33:05  Show Profile Send Aureus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Danica of the Cleric Quintet

fists like steel, a skin like silk ;)

That is not the weirdest thing that happened to me
Go to Top of Page

yargarth
Seeker

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2007 :  05:45:15  Show Profile  Visit yargarth's Homepage Send yargarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jarlaxle of Bregan' 'Daerthe just because he has a interesting history and learned to survibe in one of the toughest lands but, it helps if your mom is matron mother of the Baenres!

"You take a step, then another. That's the journey. But to take a step with your eyes open is not a journey at all, it's a remaking of your own mind."

-Orson Scott Card
Ender in Exile
Go to Top of Page

Marquant Volker
Learned Scribe

Greece
273 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2007 :  20:03:31  Show Profile Send Marquant Volker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elminister IS the realms, i can imagine FR without the Old Sage

I like Artemis too (but not as the above) sad he isnt in the poll (he succeded his Hide check i guess)
Go to Top of Page

FlyingGnome
Acolyte

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2007 :  21:44:40  Show Profile  Visit FlyingGnome's Homepage Send FlyingGnome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1st. Liriel because she is so lovely naive. Like a hind in the mid of a wolfpack. Also not overly cliché good.

2nd. Elminster because he's witty, sarcastic, arrogant and a magnet for women with nymphomanic tendencies .

3rd. Artemis Enteri for being the inoffical deity of coolness (How could he not be in the list?)
Go to Top of Page

Twilight
Seeker

Canada
68 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2007 :  02:00:11  Show Profile  Visit Twilight's Homepage Send Twilight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jarlaxle
Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2007 :  22:17:40  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Drizzt Do Urden of course. (second place is Jarlaxle and Entreri)
Go to Top of Page

J D Dunsany
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2007 :  22:29:32  Show Profile  Visit J D Dunsany's Homepage Send J D Dunsany a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingGnome

2nd. Elminster because he's witty, sarcastic, arrogant and a magnet for women with nymphomanic tendencies .

Thanks for making me laugh out loud! That's such a fantastic comment!

Oh, and today it's:

1) Liriel.

2) Elminster.

3) Alias.

But it'll probably change tomorrow. Or the day after that...

"How content that young woman looks, don't you think? How content, and yet how flammable." - Lemony Snicket, The Unauthorized Autobiography
Go to Top of Page

Gruen
Acolyte

12 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2007 :  14:25:17  Show Profile  Visit Gruen's Homepage Send Gruen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of those listed, I picked Jaraxle. However, of any of the characters I've read about thus far, my favorite is probably Pharaun Mizzrym. I'm surprised I didn't see his name mentioned yet. I must have odd taste in 'heroes'.

Gruen
Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
729 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2007 :  07:13:10  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of all those on the list I'd have to pick Jarlaxle. He's simply incorrigible, a nice counterpoint to the ever-brooding Entreri.

My all time favourite however must be Quinsareth from Bloodwalk.

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

Virendar
Acolyte

29 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2007 :  06:13:35  Show Profile  Visit Virendar's Homepage Send Virendar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Drizzt hands down

Next wud be that ruler of that city who likes Drizzt...i forgot her name....she has silver hair
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2007 :  06:42:56  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That would be Alustriel Silverhand.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

laethyn
Acolyte

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2007 :  07:21:13  Show Profile  Visit laethyn's Homepage Send laethyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Drizzt, of course.
Pikel :D
Belkram, Itharr, Sharantyr (The Rangers Three!)
Torm and Rathan
and
Josidiah Starym

There are just so many to choose from
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2007 :  09:42:47  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a mistake !
Torm is not in the list ?

He's with no doubt my preferred character.

I voted all the same for Jarlaxle, who is the best opportunist of the Realms.
A very good way of life in the Realms.

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

DireGecko
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2007 :  14:31:31  Show Profile  Visit DireGecko's Homepage Send DireGecko a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pick only one!?

er. . .uhm. . .hrmm. . .

Nope, can't pick just one. It's impossible.

Best I can do is name my favorite character in whatever book(s) I happen to be reading at the time. Currently Aliisza and Elminster.

This will most likely change when I start a new book/series.
Go to Top of Page

Drew
Acolyte

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2007 :  17:44:49  Show Profile  Visit Drew's Homepage Send Drew a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jarlaxle because of hiw wit.

The noblest fate a man can endure is to place his body between the home he loves, and wars desolation.
Go to Top of Page

Vierna
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2007 :  20:28:27  Show Profile  Visit Vierna's Homepage Send Vierna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thought I was going to say Vierna? I would definatly have to day drizzt, for all the obvious reasons.--

"Part Well...Regret Nothing" ~ Paul Kemp The Erevis Cale Trilogy
Go to Top of Page

unknown warrior
Acolyte

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2007 :  06:46:49  Show Profile  Visit unknown warrior's Homepage Send unknown warrior a Private Message  Reply with Quote
drizzt do'urden cause he saw the truth of his people and what they really were and he left to be what he respectful and honorable. i all so like zaknafein.

Don't stand in my way.
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2007 :  06:58:32  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Khelben.
Go to Top of Page

Herkles
Seeker

82 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2007 :  08:19:19  Show Profile  Visit Herkles's Homepage Send Herkles a Private Message  Reply with Quote
so far my favorite characters in the realms are Artemis Enteri, Jarlaxle, and Pharaun. Drizzt Do'urden is close but i like the 3 i mentioned the best as of now.
Go to Top of Page

Daniel of the North
Acolyte

Norway
30 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2007 :  15:39:46  Show Profile  Visit Daniel of the North's Homepage Send Daniel of the North a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im not that experienced with the realm, but my favorite must me Artemis Enteri.

THE ART OF ESCAPING REALITY
Go to Top of Page

Walls
Acolyte

30 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2007 :  16:45:31  Show Profile  Visit Walls's Homepage Send Walls a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe Jak! He is really the most heroic guy I can think of, the little runt!

Erevis is rad too. I really liked Pharaun in the WofSQ series.

I actually like Mirt quite a bit, as well as most of the old pre-FR Ed characters. More developed without having a world in which they HAD to fit.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2007 :  01:34:10  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Matron Sinafey! Matron Sinafey!

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Enialus Meliamne
Acolyte

Portugal
43 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2007 :  22:12:22  Show Profile  Visit Enialus Meliamne's Homepage Send Enialus Meliamne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After having just blown through the Erevis Cale trilogy, I must say Erevis, Jak, and now...even Riven are my favorite Characters in the realms...I've got a propensity to go and come from this forum...Usually during hiatus' from reading Realms lore. That said, I never wander far from the books, nor do I sway far from the forum here (Of which I often glance or read). Anyway, just finished that trilogy as I said...And of all the books I've read in the Realms mantra, none come close to that so far. And that is going a place for me.

Unashamed RAS fan.

Unashamed fan of THE Drow Elf Ranger.

Reader of any author in FR who entertains or weaves a good yarn.
Go to Top of Page

Vitellia
Acolyte

Germany
12 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2007 :  18:44:33  Show Profile  Visit Vitellia's Homepage Send Vitellia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I guess my favourite character is Elaith, very closely followed by Jarlaxle and Artemis Entreri (yes, I tend to fall for the bad guys) But I also like Danilo very much (well, I'd love to be singing a duet with him *g*) and Khelben and Liriel Baenre are fine as well...

Vitellia
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000