Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 favourite cahracter
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2005 :  18:19:28  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahhhh... It was me!!!!!!!!! And you can find the portraits of Bobby and the ranger, I can't really remember his name right now, in Baldur's Gate II, but good memory anyway , in Ribald's shop for more details.

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est

Edited by - Thelonius on 11 Sep 2005 18:21:24
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2005 :  18:53:18  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thelonius

Ahhhh... It was me!!!!!!!!! And you can find the portraits of Bobby and the ranger, I can't really remember his name right now, in Baldur's Gate II, but good memory anyway , in Ribald's shop for more details.

It says they were eaten by Tiamat. Ouch.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Darth_Azalin
Acolyte

26 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2005 :  21:27:14  Show Profile  Visit Darth_Azalin's Homepage Send Darth_Azalin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ranger was Hank if I remember right.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2005 :  02:26:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fellow scribes, let us return to the topic up for discussion .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2005 :  02:52:21  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wish (oh how I wish) they would do a villains series. A nice 5-book job. Manshoon, Larloch, Fzoul, Szass Tam, and Halaster! Definitely Halaster! He'd be me favorite character, by the way.

Melfius, Pixie-Priest of Puck - Head Chef, The Faerie Kitchen, Candlekeep Inn
"What's in his pockets, besides me?"
Read a tale of my earlier days! - Happiness Comes in Small Packages
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2005 :  04:14:42  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bruenor.

Why? Dwarf!

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2005 :  20:16:57  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorite FR character? That's like asking me to choose what friend I like the most...

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2005 :  23:33:35  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

My favorite FR character? That's like asking me to choose what friend I like the most...

Well met

That's the most clever, beautiful response I have heard Great answer, Rinonalyrna

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2005 :  23:39:46  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, but it makes the rest of us feel cheap!

Melfius, Pixie-Priest of Puck - Head Chef, The Faerie Kitchen, Candlekeep Inn
"What's in his pockets, besides me?"
Read a tale of my earlier days! - Happiness Comes in Small Packages
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2005 :  21:33:16  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Well met

That's the most clever, beautiful response I have heard Great answer, Rinonalyrna

Why thank you. I only speak the truth!

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Killashandra
Acolyte

South Africa
24 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2005 :  13:19:17  Show Profile  Visit Killashandra's Homepage Send Killashandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hehe, well, being forced to chose, I went for Elaith, love that man to bits! Especially as I can quite happily use him in my campaign and my other good friends are simply to high level to justify them getting involved with the PCs.

On a diffrent note, my most hated character is Cyric. Whine, whine, whine...ascend to godhood...mad whine, mad whine, mad whine...goes on trail...whine some more....

Give Mask back intrigue I say...Love Mask

He's not evil, he's just...alternativly aligned.

A Kiwi fruit: Take a hamster, shave it's hair so that only stubble remains, cut off it's head and feet and there you go!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2005 :  15:59:40  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Killashandra

Hehe, well, being forced to chose, I went for Elaith, love that man to bits! Especially as I can quite happily use him in my campaign and my other good friends are simply to high level to justify them getting involved with the PCs.

Have you used him yet in your campaign? And if so, in what capacity?

SB
Go to Top of Page

Killashandra
Acolyte

South Africa
24 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2005 :  16:28:28  Show Profile  Visit Killashandra's Homepage Send Killashandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I have. In my case, it was kind of handed to me on a platter. When I made my usual speech of: "Anything allowed in my games", this was more or less the conversation:
player: "How about cannon characters?"
Me: "Not Drizzt"
player: "Don't be silly, but you said 6th lvl right?"
Me: "Yeees"
player: "If we could tweak cannon a bit, i'd love to play Azariah, daughter of Elaith..."
me: "..." *gets breath back* "...sure, why not?" *mad snickers*

So I've been using him extensively and having a great deal of fun with my all good party in Waterdeep. Currently, their 13th lvl and he's set them on the tail of Shadow Thieves because, IMO, Elaith doesn't like the ST's anyway and definitly doesn't want them in his stomping grounds!

Next up, doing something about Zabbas Thul (sp) Waterdeep's other rogue elf...

He's not evil, he's just...alternativly aligned.

A Kiwi fruit: Take a hamster, shave it's hair so that only stubble remains, cut off it's head and feet and there you go!
Go to Top of Page

Hammerfist
Acolyte

10 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2005 :  04:29:08  Show Profile  Visit Hammerfist's Homepage Send Hammerfist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have two favorite characters in the realms though one is a villain and one is a hero.

Favorite Hero: Erevis Cale, his skills and perseverance is simply astounding and admirable.

Favorite Villain: Telamont Tanthul, a man with mastery of facial expressions and with ingenious cunning and thinking that somehow won my admiration of him.

The hammer will strike when I say so.
Go to Top of Page

Mathias Covencraft
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2005 :  23:41:25  Show Profile  Visit Mathias Covencraft's Homepage Send Mathias Covencraft a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My fav: Artemis, Makil, Wulfgar, Galaeron

Paladin of Kelemvor 6/Hunter of the dead 3/Sword of Righteousness 3
Kelemvor comes for us all. Except it. Fear not the night, it is I who stalk "Those Who Do Not Sleep". -Mathias Covencraft
Go to Top of Page

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2005 :  09:54:11  Show Profile Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I love Drizzt (even though he is a bit over-rated). Wulfgar is cool. But I like the Dragon's Hoard (may they rest in peace), Nimor Impraezl and Xorthaul.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDonLNKf6_KA9Qlal3Qu3zQ?view_as=subscriber
Go to Top of Page

Beezy
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2005 :  05:40:56  Show Profile  Visit Beezy's Homepage Send Beezy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Off of that list I picked Drizzt but it was a hard choice between him and Arilyn Moonblade. I really enjoyed the Dark elf and Icewind dale trilogies and thats the reason for my choice. A couple of other characters I enjoyed that did not make the list are a couple of the Wyvernspur family, Alais and her companion Dragonbait from the Finders stone trilogy, as well as Phauron(sp?) from the War of the Spider Queen.
Go to Top of Page

nagitiveD
Acolyte

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2005 :  07:30:03  Show Profile  Visit nagitiveD's Homepage Send nagitiveD a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i think danilo than is the most comedic character i have ever read about .thanks Elaine for making me laugh.

Brendon Graycloak
Go to Top of Page

Zelg of Cyric
Acolyte

44 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2005 :  08:51:23  Show Profile  Visit Zelg of Cyric's Homepage Send Zelg of Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1.Torm 2.Gromph 3.Arvin 4.Danilo 5.Alusair

"Even before he first walked the world as a mortal, Cyric had the will to resist the random call of Fate and make his own fortune. As his newborn soul stood before the goddesses, he cast a light upon Tymora's silver coin, blinding them to his presence. The deities never saw the coin fall, never settled their wager on Cyric's destiny. Thus was he born into the world without any fate save the one he himself could forge." -- from the Cyrinishad
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2005 :  11:37:35  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If it could be off of the list -

1. Vierna Do'urden 2. Triel Baenre 3. Sarya Dlardregeth 4. Drizzt 5. Danifae

I have a thing for evil Elven women.

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2005 :  17:39:19  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

C-Fb

Drizzt Do'Urden is an evil elven woman? That's news to me!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2005 :  21:59:49  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

C-Fb

You are really the king of the mischiefs...!!!!

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Andric
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2005 :  03:21:21  Show Profile  Visit Andric's Homepage Send Andric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted Elaith.
Simply put, I idolize him. He does -and often gets!- whatever he wants, yet he loves his daughter. To me, that shows that he does place some value on life. And so, he's not as obssessed with himself as it seems many other villains are. Besides all of that, though, I think he's one of the best dressed characters in Faerun.

Fairies wear boots, man.
You've got to believe me!
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2005 :  11:27:51  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

C-Fb

I swear Wooly! :)

Ok, I live evil elven women and a crazy, long-winded, double-wielding drow whirlwind. Everything has to be so specific!!!

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.

Edited by - Crennen FaerieBane on 05 Oct 2005 11:30:41
Go to Top of Page

wiseguysez
Acolyte

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  16:57:03  Show Profile  Visit wiseguysez's Homepage Send wiseguysez a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to go with Jarlaxle, he's really funny in a dangerous i'll kill you way. And tied for second would be Drizzt and Elminster. Too bad u didn't list Artemis Entreri the assasin
Go to Top of Page

J D Dunsany
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  23:37:00  Show Profile  Visit J D Dunsany's Homepage Send J D Dunsany a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Out of the list, I've gone for Liriel. I love the development of her character and would happily read (and re-read) about her till the cows come home.

Not on the list, I'd have to go with Giogi Wyvernspur - I'm just reading 'The Wyvern's Spur' at the moment after his brief(ish) appearance in 'Azure Bonds' and he's a fantastic creation - the somewhat naive and accident-prone noble with an essentially good heart. Kudos to Novak and Grubb!

Yours,

JDD

"How content that young woman looks, don't you think? How content, and yet how flammable." - Lemony Snicket, The Unauthorized Autobiography
Go to Top of Page

Magic Matt
Seeker

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2006 :  21:39:39  Show Profile  Visit Magic Matt's Homepage Send Magic Matt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, very this is hard. As of today I think:

Male- Danilo or Erevis Cale
Female- Alais or Arilyn Moonblade
Funniest- Jack Rivenwild or Giogi Wyvernspur
Vilian - Elaith

All of them have given my hours of pleasure, so I can't narow it down to just one as the best.

Edited by - Magic Matt on 14 Jan 2006 21:43:38
Go to Top of Page

Vangelor
Learned Scribe

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2006 :  14:23:29  Show Profile Send Vangelor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was a tough call for me. I like Danilo and Arilyn real well, and about equally. My vote went to Elaith because I did not expect to like the Serpent at all, but actually find him sympathetic, and enjoy his apperanaces in the novels. I will definitely have to give him more of a role in my own Waterdeep campaign.

My favorite favorite was not listed, perhaps because he has appeared in only one novel I know of, and that's the Sy'Tel'Quessir warleader, Foxfire. But then, I have a thing for wild elves and lythari. I may have listed Ganamede, but I felt Silver Shadows did not give the lythari as much development as it could have... though it confirmed for me a lot of notions I'd had for relations between Ly'Tel'Quessir and the green elves which will be good fodder for my Cormanthor campaign.
Go to Top of Page

TonyMontana1638
Acolyte

18 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2006 :  00:07:54  Show Profile  Visit TonyMontana1638's Homepage Send TonyMontana1638 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I went with the Seven Sister because they have always been my favorite characters, Storm at the very forefront of that list. I love how all distinctly different they are despite their many similarities on paper: I also can't help but mention that seven gorgeous, powerful, silver-haired women regardless of what campaign or story they're in will always attract my attention ;). Storm has always been my favorite because of her down-to-earth personality and lifestyle was always immediately attractive to me.

I'd like to give an honorable mention to Cadderly because I've always found him to be one of the most believable, likable and well-drawn characters in the realms to date (and by far the best of Bob's creations). If only we could get another book about him...

"Don't give up... Don't ever give up."
-Jimmy Valvano

The V Foundation for Cancer Research
http://www.jimmyv.org/
Go to Top of Page

Rory
Seeker

79 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2006 :  02:34:51  Show Profile  Visit Rory's Homepage Send Rory a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Manshoon and Alusair
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000