Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Paladins of Mystra
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sourcemaster2
Senior Scribe

USA
361 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2004 :  00:32:39  Show Profile  Visit Sourcemaster2's Homepage Send Sourcemaster2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
In Faiths and Pantheons, there was a mentioning of a group of Mystran paladins, dedicated to policing mages. From what I remember, they sought out any wizards who used their powers for evil, and dealt with them accordingly. I suspect that that might have been a here's-the-idea-fill-it-in-yourself-you-lazy-DM, but does anyone know anything about these magical do-gooders?

But what have all the passing years/Done, but breed new angers, fears?/Show me now an equal worth/To innocence I earned at birth.

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2004 :  00:53:10  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, the only time I've heard them mentioned is the paladin Mischa in Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide. Try playing Chapter One of said game for more information.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2004 :  05:47:46  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can also choose to be a paladin of Mystra in Icewind Dale II (Which allows you to multiclass as a wizard without penalty.) But other than that and what both of you previously mentioned I can't think of anything else.

~Lee N.

"Breaktime yes?!.. Yes?.. Maybe?.. Noo, baaack to work.." -Grovel the Goblin from NWN: HotU
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2004 :  06:28:02  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember reading about several escapades that involve the Magister and several of the Paladins of Mystra. Apparently, they worked togther to bring down a group of evil archmages. However, I forgot where that information came from...

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2004 :  03:47:06  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I never really gave it much thought.But I forgot about Mischa in Neverwinter Nights.

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2018 :  18:52:28  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Senior Scribe Sourcemaster2,

Well, first off, here is something that might interest you:

Knights of the Mystic Fire
"The Mystic Fire Knights regularly joined priests of Mystra on missions to find and uncover lost stores of ancient magic. They also served as guardians at large Mystran temples and at magical workshops, usually as leaders of regular defenders."

However, with that being said, you may want to check out my post on a thread here http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=806&whichpage=3, to get my view on paladins [for whatever the heck that is worth!].

Best regard,

quote:
Originally posted by Sourcemaster2

In Faiths and Pantheons, there was a mentioning of a group of Mystran paladins, dedicated to policing mages. From what I remember, they sought out any wizards who used their powers for evil, and dealt with them accordingly. I suspect that that might have been a here's-the-idea-fill-it-in-yourself-you-lazy-DM, but does anyone know anything about these magical do-gooders?

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2018 :  23:10:07  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Knights and Paladins are not necessarily the same thing.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2018 :  23:25:12  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Mage,

I completely concur. I'm really glad you did draw that parallel. Though you are correct, my main focus was to insert my impression of paladins through the contextual lens of morality, ethics, religions, etc.

Since knights/knighthoods have such a well known history and people have a sort of 'idea' as to what to expect from knights, you making the point that they are not the same is much appreciated.

Thanks Master Mage.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

Knights and Paladins are not necessarily the same thing.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000