Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Moonblades
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2003 :  19:21:19  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
My character, Targon, weilds a Moonblade. I was wondering if somebody could help me more fully understand them. I know that they are passed down in a family and that mainly elves are the ones that weild them.That little knowledge I have to thank Sadon for.

May Melkor smile upon every spell you cast.

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2003 :  20:54:34  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Take a look over here.

Since I already researched and posted it once I suppose it takes less room to link to it.

Right Alaundo?

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2003 :  22:03:38  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much! Now I can more fully craft my Moonblade for my story.

May Melkor smile upon every spell you cast.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  12:53:53  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's also some information over here, too. This is where I went when I was researching this subject. Actually, this site, called Cormanthyr, is highly informative on elves in general, whether just FR or all of D&D. It's part of an umbrella site called Dlabraddath that also has information on other major races of D&D (though it seems the Dwarven pages are not yet up). Check them out -- it's almost as fulfilling as Candlekeep itself!

(Note the almost -- I don't want to be kicked off!)

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  14:42:20  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I didn't know this site, a good one actually!
Go to Top of Page

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2003 :  07:57:19  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's also a short section on Moonblades in the "Cormanthyr - Empire of the Elves" FR product which is one of the free .PDFs avaialble from WotC.

Snce it's a .PDF, you can serch for all references to Moonblades.

Edited by - branmakmuffin on 02 Apr 2003 07:58:04
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2018 :  19:42:05  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Learned Scribe Moonrise,

Here is an excellent source to answer your excellent question from just fifteen years ago:

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Moonblade

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Targon Moonrise

My character, Targon, weilds a Moonblade. I was wondering if somebody could help me more fully understand them. I know that they are passed down in a family and that mainly elves are the ones that weild them.That little knowledge I have to thank Sadon for.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2018 :  01:48:25  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Moonblades are written up for 5E in the DMG.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2018 :  00:27:39  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Designer TomCosta,

That is fantastic you listed that: thank you!

I have purchase adventure based material to convert to Pathfinder/3.5, but I haven't purchased the DMG since I don't run 5th edition. I am really glad you mentioned that though. If nothing else, a pdf of that should be attained I can see so that I can reference all of these items overhauled (likely) from older editions.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

Moonblades are written up for 5E in the DMG.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000