Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Paladins of Mystra

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sourcemaster2 Posted - 14 Apr 2004 : 00:32:39
In Faiths and Pantheons, there was a mentioning of a group of Mystran paladins, dedicated to policing mages. From what I remember, they sought out any wizards who used their powers for evil, and dealt with them accordingly. I suspect that that might have been a here's-the-idea-fill-it-in-yourself-you-lazy-DM, but does anyone know anything about these magical do-gooders?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 28 Sep 2018 : 23:25:12
Master Mage,

I completely concur. I'm really glad you did draw that parallel. Though you are correct, my main focus was to insert my impression of paladins through the contextual lens of morality, ethics, religions, etc.

Since knights/knighthoods have such a well known history and people have a sort of 'idea' as to what to expect from knights, you making the point that they are not the same is much appreciated.

Thanks Master Mage.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

Knights and Paladins are not necessarily the same thing.

The Masked Mage Posted - 28 Sep 2018 : 23:10:07
Knights and Paladins are not necessarily the same thing.
cpthero2 Posted - 28 Sep 2018 : 18:52:28
Senior Scribe Sourcemaster2,

Well, first off, here is something that might interest you:

Knights of the Mystic Fire
"The Mystic Fire Knights regularly joined priests of Mystra on missions to find and uncover lost stores of ancient magic. They also served as guardians at large Mystran temples and at magical workshops, usually as leaders of regular defenders."

However, with that being said, you may want to check out my post on a thread here http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=806&whichpage=3, to get my view on paladins [for whatever the heck that is worth!].

Best regard,

quote:
Originally posted by Sourcemaster2

In Faiths and Pantheons, there was a mentioning of a group of Mystran paladins, dedicated to policing mages. From what I remember, they sought out any wizards who used their powers for evil, and dealt with them accordingly. I suspect that that might have been a here's-the-idea-fill-it-in-yourself-you-lazy-DM, but does anyone know anything about these magical do-gooders?

VEDSICA Posted - 15 Apr 2004 : 03:47:06
I never really gave it much thought.But I forgot about Mischa in Neverwinter Nights.
DDH_101 Posted - 14 Apr 2004 : 06:28:02
I remember reading about several escapades that involve the Magister and several of the Paladins of Mystra. Apparently, they worked togther to bring down a group of evil archmages. However, I forgot where that information came from...
Wood Elf Ranger Posted - 14 Apr 2004 : 05:47:46
You can also choose to be a paladin of Mystra in Icewind Dale II (Which allows you to multiclass as a wizard without penalty.) But other than that and what both of you previously mentioned I can't think of anything else.
Shadowlord Posted - 14 Apr 2004 : 00:53:10
Actually, the only time I've heard them mentioned is the paladin Mischa in Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide. Try playing Chapter One of said game for more information.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000