Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The funniest person in the Realms?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Jelennet
Learned Scribe

Russia
131 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2010 :  15:20:08  Show Profile Send Jelennet a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Who is the funniest person in the Realms? What do you think?

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2010 :  18:55:15  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bane. Isn't it obvious?

You can hear many tales from many mouths. The most difficult is to know which of them are not lies. - Sill Alias

"May your harp be unstrung, your dreams die and all your songs be unsung." - curse of the harper, The Code of the Harpers 2 ed.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2010 :  19:06:02  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cyric - that guy cracks me up.

They should just put him in a clown suit.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2010 :  19:12:37  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, ascended Joker.

But to call the funniest seriously, maybe Oghma? He looks like a guy who loves parties. And jokes.

You can hear many tales from many mouths. The most difficult is to know which of them are not lies. - Sill Alias

"May your harp be unstrung, your dreams die and all your songs be unsung." - curse of the harper, The Code of the Harpers 2 ed.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2010 :  20:13:52  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The two characters that made me laugh out loud while reading them were Pickle Bouldershoulder and Athrogate. Pickle for his meek/mild attitude and child-like language and Athrogate cuz I love his rhymes.
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2010 :  20:50:44  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Danilo Thann, Elminster sure has his moments, Pikel and Ivan was vaguely funny when i was 13.
Go to Top of Page

Tamsar
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2010 :  21:52:09  Show Profile Send Tamsar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Funniest person in the realms? Why tis Myrrth of course. I miss the old AD&D comics.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2010 :  22:00:19  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Volo's paunchy sidekick

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Kerrigan
Acolyte

Germany
31 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2010 :  23:58:53  Show Profile  Visit Kerrigan's Homepage Send Kerrigan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Volothamp is great of course.

I also had my laugh while reading about Danilo Thann in Elfshadow and Elfsong.

And while Cyric is certainly not the funniest guy in the realms, his servant Malik (known from Crucible: Trial of Cyric the Mad) may be close to it!
Go to Top of Page

Brace Cormaeril
Learned Scribe

294 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2010 :  00:20:58  Show Profile  Visit Brace Cormaeril's Homepage Send Brace Cormaeril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
+1 for Cyric. Dudes a hilarious tool/pawn.

The Silver Fire's Blade: A Novella in Nine Parts, Available Soon, in the Adventuring Forum!
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2010 :  02:12:56  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For me it is by far Jack Ravenwild from City of Ravens!

Second would be Pharaun Myzzrim and third Cyric and his Malik.

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2010 :  04:15:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tamsar

Funniest person in the realms? Why tis Myrrth of course. I miss the old AD&D comics.

The very first AD&D comic I read was the end of the "Spirit of Myrrth" story arc.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2010 :  04:17:11  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd have to vote for Danilo, too.

Cyric has long struck me as pathetic, so I can't laugh at him.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2010 :  05:21:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another vote for Danilo. Not only is he my favourite Realms character, but I've spent long hours dissecting much of his more humorously-inclined dialogue, in an effort to find bits which might make for some rather amusing "Realms ditties" that I sometimes like to compose.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2010 :  06:59:09  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Pharaun. Still can't forget his attempt to cast spells using his feet, and his plan of founding a school of wizardry specializing in "feet-casting."

And of course, Elminster has lots of funny moments...What with the privilege of appearing in several anthologies and novels.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Kerrigan
Acolyte

Germany
31 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2010 :  09:37:16  Show Profile  Visit Kerrigan's Homepage Send Kerrigan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Second would be Pharaun Myzzrim and third Cyric and his Malik.

Aw, i completely forgot about Pharaun!
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2010 :  09:51:28  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you haven't so far, get your hands onto the Knights of Myth Drannor trilogy. Great stuff and much fun in their, including my favourite FR novel character Pennae.

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.

Edited by - Zanan on 27 Jun 2010 09:53:04
Go to Top of Page

Kerrigan
Acolyte

Germany
31 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2010 :  10:05:01  Show Profile  Visit Kerrigan's Homepage Send Kerrigan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read the first volume, Knights of Eveningstar, and didn't like it too much - it was more like an adventure diary, plus, i think the group got famous much too fast - in the end they were best friends with half of the cormyrean court.
Go to Top of Page

Sylrae
Learned Scribe

Canada
313 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2010 :  10:51:26  Show Profile Send Sylrae a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I liked Deekin Scalesinger and Tomi from Neverwinter nights.
Pharaun's foot-casting was so amusing that I changed spellcasting mechanics a bit to support it. I was rewriting Arcane Spell-Failure & Counterspell rules anyways to make them a check, and it seemed to be worth including. :)

Sylrae's Forgotten Realms Fan-Lore Index, with public commenting access to make for easier improvement (WIP)
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2010 :  13:36:52  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Another vote for Danilo. Not only is he my favourite Realms character, but I've spent long hours dissecting much of his more humorously-inclined dialogue, in an effort to find bits which might make for some rather amusing "Realms ditties" that I sometimes like to compose.

I still think his singing sword is funnier than he is( and that's saying quite a bit!)

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Edited by - The Red Walker on 27 Jun 2010 13:37:28
Go to Top of Page

Drizztsmanchild
Learned Scribe

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2010 :  13:50:19  Show Profile  Visit Drizztsmanchild's Homepage Send Drizztsmanchild a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jarlaxle
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2010 :  14:14:20  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I still think his singing sword is funnier than he is( and that's saying quite a bit!)

I've got music plotted for the sword too!

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Tamsar
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2010 :  17:47:26  Show Profile Send Tamsar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd vote for Torm and Rathan, the Morecombe & Wise of the realms.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light
Go to Top of Page

Iluvrien
Acolyte

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2010 :  17:52:37  Show Profile  Visit Iluvrien's Homepage Send Iluvrien a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While Torm and Rathan are extremely amusing, I would have to vote (with an astonishing lack of creativity) for Danilo. Every time I reread Songs & Swords he reduces me to fits of giggling.

...and the singing sword was little short of utterly hysterical.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2010 :  04:44:56  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Aoth's griffon is funny, too, especially when angered.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Drizztsmanchild
Learned Scribe

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2010 :  09:32:14  Show Profile  Visit Drizztsmanchild's Homepage Send Drizztsmanchild a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to some people Cyric would have to be the funniest of all...isn't 4e the greatest joke ever told;-P
Go to Top of Page

Drizztsmanchild
Learned Scribe

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2010 :  09:34:02  Show Profile  Visit Drizztsmanchild's Homepage Send Drizztsmanchild a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Though one of the funniest images that springs into mind is Asmodeus going all Hannibal Lector on Azuth...lol....
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2010 :  17:47:21  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd have to vote for either Danilo, or Jarlaxle. El is a laugh-riot, too at times. And yes, Pikel and Athrogate are a hoot! Wow, so many choices.....

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
729 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2010 :  18:30:33  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Three-feet!

Philip Athans (in "A Prayer for Brother Robert" - Realms of the Dead) made me guffaw like I only do for Terry Pratchett. That says something.

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms

Edited by - Kyrene on 28 Jun 2010 18:34:54
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2010 :  22:00:46  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I dunno- seeing bruenor and Athrogate going side-by-side in that battle with the shadow creatures while they were going to Spirit Soaring was hilarious!

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2010 :  04:20:30  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remembered! Morte from Planescape:Torment. He really is a joke-box. He really cracked me up when he claimed he was head of Vecna.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000