Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The funniest person in the Realms?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jelennet Posted - 26 Jun 2010 : 15:20:08
Who is the funniest person in the Realms? What do you think?
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bladeinAmn Posted - 22 Nov 2010 : 06:18:17
quote:
Originally posted by Mouse

Also, on a more serious note:
Everyone in the Baldur's Gate series.
I suppose it's just the way of BioWare's games to make their characters as wacky as possible but their dialoge just cracks me up.

[after encountering an hostile kuo-toa]
Protagonist: Hi! I want to pass through your land!
Kuo-Toa Leader: Klodg do g'ith dal shaog gossath! Geetaaah!
Protagonist: (sigh) This isn't going to end well, is it?

Imoen: So... Sarevok. You've had an itty-bitty piece of my soul in there for quite a while now. What's it been like?
Sarevok: Well, other than a slight obsession with my weight and the resurgence of a few pimples, it's been simply grand.

Minsc: I do not get through many battles without injury. Why is Minsc always on the front line taking damage?
Protagonist: Are you a freakishingly large juggernaut that charges at the drop of a hat? Just a guess on my part.
Minsc: Perhaps I am a touch quick to combat but I temper my temper with common sense about who I should attack. What? I do too! Why does Boo snicker?

LOL! Yeah the entire game has some really awsome dialogue, often really funny! And often involving Minsc! Remember when two philosophers are arguing, one'em gets their bodyguard to attack, and then Minsc all of a sudden charges into battle, saying "He attacks? Such a display of wrongness fills even Boo with disgust! For my hamster, I must land a blow for goodness!" Then proceeds to wipe out the bodyguard, and then both philosphers turn to Minsc, the first one saying: "Oh, phooey. Spoil my fun, will you? And I was winning that argument, too" and then the 2nd one adds: "Now I hope you know all that violence was completely unnecessary. You've rather invalidated my entire argument!"

quote:
Originally posted by Arik

Morte and Nordom from Planescape: Torment. Weird and funny apart or together.

It's funniest person in the Realms, but I reckon Planescape is part of the Realms, as its where most of the 'powers' dwell. That and Ed Greenwood is the ultimate author of both settings!

Oh man! I juss started playing PS:T earlier this month, and Morte is funny! He's also my best fighter! Kinda like Minsc like that, eh?
Dennis Posted - 20 Nov 2010 : 17:19:48
quote:
Originally posted by coach

Will and Pavel (when insulting each other)

I agree. It's one of the things that lessened my disappointment with the YoRD.
Ayrik Posted - 20 Nov 2010 : 17:15:07
Morte and Nordom from Planescape: Torment. Weird and funny apart or together.
coach Posted - 20 Nov 2010 : 01:35:20

Jack Ravenwild (all the time)
Arthrogate (when rhyming)
coach Posted - 20 Nov 2010 : 01:33:46
Jack Ravenwild (all the time)
Arthrogate (when rhyming)
Wulf Waters Posted - 12 Nov 2010 : 21:46:49
Minsc and Boo anyone? Xzar and his split personality?
Oh the joys of Baldurs Gate ... *reminisces*
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 10 Nov 2010 : 16:45:54
You may be right in that....

Another good candidate would be Deekin from NWN. He cracks me up!! And I love the novelty of a kobold bard. An interesting choice of class for him.
Mouse Posted - 10 Nov 2010 : 13:16:58
I find Cyric funny OCCASIONALLY, and annoying MOST OF THE TIMES. Which is just right, because being irrevocably mad is equal to being ceaselessly irritating.

This is true, but about the time he started actually doing stuff I kind of stopped taking the Realms very seriously in terms of story since it was abundantly clear that the developers themselves didn't either.
Honestly, I'm close to nintey percent sure that the people who actually give a toss about Faerun are all right here on Candlekeep.
Mouse Posted - 10 Nov 2010 : 13:13:01
Also, on a more serious note:
Everyone in the Baldur's Gate series.
I suppose it's just the way of BioWare's games to make their characters as wacky as possible but their dialoge just cracks me up.

[after encountering an hostile kuo-toa]
Protagonist: Hi! I want to pass through your land!
Kuo-Toa Leader: Klodg do g'ith dal shaog gossath! Geetaaah!
Protagonist: (sigh) This isn't going to end well, is it?

Imoen: So... Sarevok. You've had an itty-bitty piece of my soul in there for quite a while now. What's it been like?
Sarevok: Well, other than a slight obsession with my weight and the resurgence of a few pimples, it's been simply grand.

Minsc: I do not get through many battles without injury. Why is Minsc always on the front line taking damage?
Protagonist: Are you a freakishingly large juggernaut that charges at the drop of a hat? Just a guess on my part.
Minsc: Perhaps I am a touch quick to combat but I temper my temper with common sense about who I should attack. What? I do too! Why does Boo snicker?

Dennis Posted - 10 Nov 2010 : 13:12:59

I find Cyric funny OCCASIONALLY, and annoying MOST OF THE TIMES. Which is just right, because being irrevocably mad is equal to being ceaselessly irritating.
Mouse Posted - 10 Nov 2010 : 13:05:03
Cyric: God of Murder, Plotting, Madness, and being a Total Tool.
I that guy was just DERPing constantly so hard that it made me laugh my arse right off.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 10 Nov 2010 : 07:20:46
Ah. I see. Quite alright, Sage. It can wait. I was just curious.
The Sage Posted - 10 Nov 2010 : 07:12:05
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

Why Schend? Dan's Cunningham's character ain't he? Or did you mean Khelban? Yeah, I knew about the "replacement" thing, but I don't deal with the Blackstaff much, so I've never really paid much attention to it.

Sage Schend was talking about Khelben's relations, as I recall. I can't find the tidbit [from the REALMS-L] at the moment, because my archive is at home, and I'm at work, so...
Dennis Posted - 10 Nov 2010 : 06:56:24
quote:

Why Schend? Dan's Cunningham's character ain't he? Or did you mean Khelban? Yeah, I knew about the "replacement" thing, but I don't deal with the Blackstaff much, so I've never really paid much attention to it.

It involves Khelben, too. And 'tis a known fact that if one seeks for answers about anything 'Khelbeny' or 'Khelbenish,' Schend's the right guy to ask.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 10 Nov 2010 : 06:46:13
The Sage Posted - 10 Nov 2010 : 04:41:31
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

The official story, to those in-game, is that Khelben is the younger brother of Danilo's mother Cassandra Thann.

And it's partially true. Khelben Arunsun is her younger brother. Khelben Ravencloak Arunsun, that is. Khelben "Ravencloak" Arunsun is the grandson of Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun. The Ravencloak is now hanging on Oerth, after allowing his grandfather to take his place.

Indeed. I'm sure Steven Schend explains this somewhat in one of his replies here at Candlekeep. I'll check the archives.
Dennis Posted - 10 Nov 2010 : 03:50:32
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Dennis, Danilo is not an elf at all- he's human, and is somehow related to Khelban. (Don't ask me how- it has to do with Danilo's mother's family.) He DOES, however, have some elven blood- through Khelban himself, apparently. And he married Arilyn Moonblade, a half-elf of granddaughter of Queen Amlaruil. But he was in the Songs and Swords books by Elaine. A very funny bard!

Danilo is Khelben's nephew.

Interesting. Khelben should have learned from him. That is, tried to have a sense of humor.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 Nov 2010 : 03:29:29
The official story, to those in-game, is that Khelben is the younger brother of Danilo's mother Cassandra Thann.

And it's partially true. Khelben Arunsun is her younger brother. Khelben Ravencloak Arunsun, that is. Khelben "Ravencloak" Arunsun is the grandson of Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun. The Ravencloak is now hanging on Oerth, after allowing his grandfather to take his place.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 10 Nov 2010 : 00:58:39
Is that direct nephew? Or a great nephew or something? I can never keep that family straight, lol!
The Sage Posted - 10 Nov 2010 : 00:21:19
quote:

Dennis, Danilo is not an elf at all- he's human, and is somehow related to Khelban. (Don't ask me how- it has to do with Danilo's mother's family.) He DOES, however, have some elven blood- through Khelban himself, apparently. And he married Arilyn Moonblade, a half-elf of granddaughter of Queen Amlaruil. But he was in the Songs and Swords books by Elaine. A very funny bard!

Danilo is Khelben's nephew.
Dennis Posted - 09 Nov 2010 : 20:32:53
That's why I added a modifier: nearly.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 09 Nov 2010 : 20:02:00
Oh, I wouldn't call him insignificant in that, the scene was pretty important- he helped the pair meet with Quilue in the Promenade to get to Skullport.
Dennis Posted - 09 Nov 2010 : 19:39:28
Now I remember. I read Daughter of the Drow long ago. And characters doing mere 'cameo roles' I often forget. Heh, even supporting characters I sometimes forget. How much more the nearly insignificant ones.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 09 Nov 2010 : 19:31:10
@ dennis: He's made appearances in a couple of other books and short stories. He was briefly in Daughter of hte Drow, also by Elaine- I seem to recall that he approached Liriel Baenre when she and Fyodor were in Waterdeep during some sort of festival, walking around in costumes. Her "costume" was nothing more than a long white gown, and everyone thought her being a drow was just the disguise. Danilo saw right through it though, and sursrised her by speaking to her in drowish,- even making a couple of jokes. ("When Lolth giggles", LOL!! I still chuckle at that line...)
Dennis Posted - 09 Nov 2010 : 18:32:11
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

Hmmm, a post by dennis at http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14425
making me change my vote to Karsus...reminds me of the Joker in Batman. just as power mad

Speaking of Karsus, I suddenly remember that scene in Dangerous Games where he stood like an idiot with the lower part of his robes torn, exposing his butt!
Alisttair Posted - 09 Nov 2010 : 18:16:12
Hmmm, a post by dennis at http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14425
making me change my vote to Karsus...reminds me of the Joker in Batman. just as power mad
Dennis Posted - 09 Nov 2010 : 17:57:27
A human with too much association with elves. Hmm...

Was he featured in books other than S&S? I know that series is elfy. Very elfy.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 09 Nov 2010 : 17:46:13
Alisttair Posted - 09 Nov 2010 : 16:33:56
I'll have to put a separate vote for Athrogate as well. Made me laugh in Gauntlgrym.
Dennis Posted - 09 Nov 2010 : 16:25:46
It looks like most votes went to Danilo. I got curious with this elf. I haven't read any books that feature him. Did he appear in non-elfy novels? By non-elfy, I mean the books have far more human characters than elves, or no elves at all.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000