Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Favourite BG 2 Charater
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Aleta_Delryn
Acolyte

Australia
38 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2004 :  07:40:54  Show Profile  Visit Aleta_Delryn's Homepage Send Aleta_Delryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Poll Question:
Who is your favourite Baldur's Gate 2: Shadow of Amn character?

I've only got 6 slots to fill- so my apolgies to anyone who's favourite character isn't there.

Choices:

Aerie
Jaheria
Anomen
Edwin
Minsc
Imoen

(Anonymous Vote)

Edited by - Alaundo on 03 Nov 2004 08:33:14

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2004 :  08:31:25  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I went for Minsc. Somehow I can't turn down the furry hamster of his and his funny personality. You should have Minsc and Boo as a pair Aleta.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Aleta_Delryn
Acolyte

Australia
38 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2004 :  06:39:25  Show Profile  Visit Aleta_Delryn's Homepage Send Aleta_Delryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would have thought that Minsc & Boo went without saying- I mean they're completely inseperable (though it's funny when Jan tries to steal him & how pissed Minsc gets)

If at first I don't succeed...the wife won't let me forget
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2004 :  16:58:50  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Other than my character,Minsc is by far the funniest.Especially with his in game dialog.

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

arilyn742
Seeker

Ireland
54 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2004 :  15:21:01  Show Profile  Visit arilyn742's Homepage Send arilyn742 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The popularity of Edwin frightens me more than a little.

I voted Aerie.

Yonde iru, mune no doko ka oku de
Itsumo kokoro odoru yume wo mitai
Kanashimi wa kazoekirenai keredo
Sono mukou de kitto anata ni aeru
Go to Top of Page

Valdar Oakensong
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2004 :  21:22:42  Show Profile Send Valdar Oakensong a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Go for the eyes boo, go for the eyes

Guns don't kill people, magic missiles do.
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2004 :  05:46:06  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Edwin, only because of his funny personality and dialogue. I love it when he turned into a woman and the rest of the party made fun of him, such as Yoshimo commenting on Edwin's bust size and the Red Wizard actually enjoyed the compliment. Lol.

I also liked how the elf at the Copper Cornet tried to seduce "Edwina" and ends up getting a face full of magic missiles!

Thumbs up to this Red Wizard...

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Aleta_Delryn
Acolyte

Australia
38 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2004 :  10:30:54  Show Profile  Visit Aleta_Delryn's Homepage Send Aleta_Delryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found a way to repedidly (sp?) have that conversation
I paused right after they finished & then imediantly reclicked him- though to go somewhere you've got to click on someone in the distance who has nothing good to say & then 'Edwina' loses intrest- but it was funny.

I agree with arilyn742- his popularity is rather creepy

Personally I voted for Anomen because I needed the cleric spells, the fighting ability & my character's are mostly female (need I say any more) Though his whining sometimes got on my nerves (especially in the middle of a battle- like he did & ended up killing Imoengrumble)

If at first I don't succeed...the wife won't let me forget
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2004 :  09:15:34  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since I'm still in the middle of gameplay... I'll have to recruit Edwin into my next party and see what happens.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Ashara
Acolyte

13 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2004 :  17:15:58  Show Profile  Visit Ashara's Homepage Send Ashara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Valygar :)

There is nothing better than imagining other worlds [...] to forget the painful one we live in. At least so I thought then. I hadn't yet realized that, imagining other worlds, you end up changing this one.

- Umberto Eco, Baudolino
Go to Top of Page

Alparon
Seeker

Turkey
67 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2004 :  09:38:04  Show Profile  Visit Alparon's Homepage Send Alparon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SAREVOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am Cyric, the One and the All, God of Murder and Intrigue, Patron of Deception and Chaos, Prince of Lies, the Dark Sun, rightful Lord of the Dead, Cyric-on-a-stick, and known to some as "the Mad God." I welcome you to The Land of the Dead...
Go to Top of Page

aragorn II
Learned Scribe

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2005 :  21:18:45  Show Profile  Visit aragorn II's Homepage Send aragorn II a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kelsey Coltrane!! (Or Keto Riven.)

There can be only one.
Go to Top of Page

Winterfox
Senior Scribe

895 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2005 :  03:46:20  Show Profile  Visit Winterfox's Homepage Send Winterfox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've never understood the appeal in Minsc. Really. His lines get tired and worn after a while.

I voted for Edwin, though it's hard to pick between him and Viconia. And if mod NPCs were on the list, I too might have picked Kelsey.
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2005 :  05:51:51  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, some of Minsc's best lines are involved with like other NPCs. For example, I found the conversation that he has with Aerie in ToB asking her to make a cream to cure a rash that he and Boo has quite amusing. However, one of my favourites has to be when you try to convince the Pirate Lord to let you into Spellhold and you unleash Minsc on him!

Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2005 :  10:53:15  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Minsc was amusing for a while but I never had him in my party in BG or BGII. Aerie was my favourite in BGII, Imoen in BG - I was disappointed she bacame a mage in BGII.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2005 :  00:03:34  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Minsc is actually a must-have, regardless of the amusing conversations. Every time I start a new game, I always have Minsc because he's a great NPC to have covering your back in melee.

Go to Top of Page

Rudar Dimble
Learned Scribe

131 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2005 :  11:41:19  Show Profile  Visit Rudar Dimble's Homepage Send Rudar Dimble a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, it's a cliche, but I voted Minsc. He's just he coolest computer-NPC I've ever seen!

Jesus saves... and takes ½ damage
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2005 :  20:39:29  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I chose Minsc because of his funny dialogue.The only thing that I didn't like about him was that you couldn't put Boo away,and use that slot for a weapon or potion.

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

Rudar Dimble
Learned Scribe

131 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2005 :  20:44:55  Show Profile  Visit Rudar Dimble's Homepage Send Rudar Dimble a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VEDSICA

I chose Minsc because of his funny dialogue.The only thing that I didn't like about him was that you couldn't put Boo away,and use that slot for a weapon or potion.

Actually, that was one of the coolest thing IMHO . I tried to remove Boo several times, because it made me laugh everytime to see he can't be removed.

Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2005 :  03:20:34  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VEDSICA

Yes I find that annoying too. It's too bad that you can't summon a giant Boo to help out with the fighting.

-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

jebeddo
Seeker

Canada
69 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2005 :  04:16:08  Show Profile  Visit jebeddo's Homepage Send jebeddo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Minsc, he's a no-brainer. Here's some of his quotes I found at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0224637/quotes :

-Make way villain! Hero coming through!
-I trust those who prey on children no farther than they can be thrown, even if I manage to throw them pretty far!
-I won't cry for the dead! I won't! Well, maybe a little... but I will staunch the tears with righteous fury!
-What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there.
-Minsc will be free! These bonds will not hold my wrath! Butts will be liberally kicked in good measure!
-This is silly! Buttons are not how one escapes dungeons! I would smash the button and rain beatings liberally down on the wizard for playing such a trick!
-I would hate being forgotten in a bottle. It might depend somewhat on the type of bottle, but overall I expect the effect would be similar. (Upon meeting a genie)
-Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads. Swords for everyone!
-Butt kicking for goodness!
-[before going berserk] Despair not! I shall inspire you by charging BLINDLY ON!
-Feel the burning stare of my HAMSTER and change your ways!
-Boo points, I punch - it's a very simple relationship, but it is effective!
-Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.

and lastly, the best one and the last one:
I grow tired of shouting battle cries when fighting this mage. Boo will finish his eyeballs once and for all, so he does not rise again! Evil, meet my sword! SWORD, MEET EVIL!!

forgive me, if you think I have gone a bit overboard with things...

"Only half-orcs rush in where devas fear to tread."
Go to Top of Page

The Blue Sorceress
Learned Scribe

107 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2005 :  04:40:59  Show Profile  Visit The Blue Sorceress's Homepage Send The Blue Sorceress a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yoshimo! I was sad when he died. He was one of the few characters that seemed to have a sense of humor (as opposed to just being funny unintentionally because they were strange... Jan, Minsc, Edwin, ) and he was also ridiculously useful. He also has an absolutely hilarious dialogue with Keldorn that involves the singing of naughty songs.

Plus I have a weakness for rougish grins.

-Blue

Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely.

I see your walrus and raise you a carpenter
Go to Top of Page

Rudar Dimble
Learned Scribe

131 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2005 :  10:07:05  Show Profile  Visit Rudar Dimble's Homepage Send Rudar Dimble a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jebeddo

Minsc, he's a no-brainer. Here's some of his quotes I found at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0224637/quotes :

-I trust those who prey on children no farther than they can be thrown, even if I manage to throw them pretty far!
-I won't cry for the dead! I won't! Well, maybe a little... but I will staunch the tears with righteous fury!
-What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there.
-Minsc will be free! These bonds will not hold my wrath! Butts will be liberally kicked in good measure!
-This is silly! Buttons are not how one escapes dungeons! I would smash the button and rain beatings liberally down on the wizard for playing such a trick!
-I would hate being forgotten in a bottle. It might depend somewhat on the type of bottle, but overall I expect the effect would be similar. (Upon meeting a genie)
-[before going berserk] Despair not! I shall inspire you by charging BLINDLY ON!

I grow tired of shouting battle cries when fighting this mage. Boo will finish his eyeballs once and for all, so he does not rise again! Evil, meet my sword! SWORD, MEET EVIL!!

Somehow I found myself screaming those quotes when I read your post

Go to Top of Page

Griselame
Acolyte

France
18 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2005 :  15:25:10  Show Profile  Visit Griselame's Homepage Send Griselame a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anomen is an interesting character with an interesting background . And I like how selfish and unstandable he is ! Very similar to the Paladin I played some years ago...

BG2 characters are much better than those in BG1 (especially the voices !!!) I don't know how it was in English , but in French the characters in BG1 had an horrible off the limit-voice , sounding like all those stupid Disney pets....(especially Imoen , I wanted to kill her every time she opened her mouth...)

Ah good memories of an old and forgotten innnocent time....Must go back to work

By the power of Tyr !!!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2005 :  16:06:29  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hmmm... I wonder... If I include this phrase in my signature, would scribes understand that I'm actually talking about a certain other mishievous hamster, and not the legendary Boo of Baldur's Gate 2 fame... .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2005 :  19:38:42  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Hmmm... I wonder... If I include this phrase in my signature, would scribes understand that I'm actually talking about a certain other mishievous hamster, and not the legendary Boo of Baldur's Gate 2 fame... .

I'd know who you were talking about.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

jebeddo
Seeker

Canada
69 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2005 :  20:36:42  Show Profile  Visit jebeddo's Homepage Send jebeddo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jaheria is quite useful if you want to summon lot of big things to crush other big things, Aerie is useful in that she gets lots of spells, Imoen is a must if you want a good storyline, and Edwin because he is the best wizard in the game.
My old party included: Me (of course), Aerie, Minsc, Edwin, Jaheria, and Imoen, but replacing Sarevok with one of the above works well, too.

"Only half-orcs rush in where devas fear to tread."
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2005 :  03:30:59  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rudar Dimble

quote:

Somehow I found myself screaming those quotes when I read your post

I too found myself screaming for no apparent reason.

-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Sandergin
Acolyte

Poland
3 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2005 :  08:46:52  Show Profile  Visit Sandergin's Homepage Send Sandergin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like Jaheirea the most, in fact I liked her in BG1, when she was with Khalid, and after when he died in BG2 i fell sory about her, and of course made with her a romance :) She is the best character in the game, from heroes who can "play" with us, and I don't think about her ability to fight, or defend, but her "inside" ;]

"Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil, for you are with me.. You prepare a table for me in the presence of my enemies, You annoint my head with oil, my cup overflows, surely goodness and love will follow me.."
Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2005 :  18:20:27  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gotta be Minsc. When I was playing BG2, he was probably one of my strongest characters other than my character and Jaheira. Nalia isn't half bad. But I prefer Imoen over her.

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2005 :  18:53:40  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorite character was Aerie. I thought she had an interesting character that was pretty much straight forward... I guess in terms of crunch, she wasn't the best... but she had the best portrait by far.

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000