Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Favourite BG 2 Charater
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2005 :  13:23:33  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Minsc is my all-time favorite. I have tried playing with Edwin but he always gets pissed off and leaves. How good must my reputation be for him to leave(I`m a real goody two-shoes no matter what I do, so its difficult to keep my reputation low)

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

ode904
Learned Scribe

Finland
193 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2005 :  21:40:02  Show Profile Send ode904 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think minsc. He's funny& useful.
Did you know if you get aerie in same party, Minsc takes Aerie as he's new Witch.

P.S
I have Colloctor's Edition and i liek it
Go to Top of Page

Anthor The Unforgiver
Acolyte

Turkey
15 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2005 :  07:19:43  Show Profile  Visit Anthor The Unforgiver's Homepage Send Anthor The Unforgiver a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I`ll go for Minsc. Boo and him ruless

The gods may forgive you,
BUT I WON`T

My name is Anthoriavalas, but people call me Anthor.
Go to Top of Page

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2005 :  01:02:20  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cespanar....

Hindo's DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
Go to Top of Page

Dippiey
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2005 :  03:14:42  Show Profile  Visit Dippiey's Homepage Send Dippiey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ofcourse, ya gotta love minsc, but my second favorite was Boo.

And my third had to be.... well.. my character.( Usually a thief or Ranger)
But seriously, I enjoyed having Jan Jansen. Did anyone else notice that he was a bearded gnome? Bruenor would have been apalled.

This is my sig
Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2005 :  14:32:46  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favourite is definately Jan Jansen - I love crazy gnomes (Tiax=God) and this one is actually useful, which is a nice change, plus he has a cool sidequest, some awesome inventions and a great voice. I love his turnip related ramblings too.

I really like Edwin too, btw, though I thought he was much cooler in BG1.

- TDM (Candlekeep's most popular, experienced and handsome member)

Edited by - The Defence Minister on 18 Sep 2005 14:34:32
Go to Top of Page

Arilou
Acolyte

Sweden
11 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2005 :  20:05:38  Show Profile  Visit Arilou's Homepage Send Arilou a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hard choice....

I like Jaheira, because she's one tough cookie.

I like Viconia because she's a loveable evil drow priestess. *duh*

I like Minsc because he's got a hamster and an attitude, and probably the best quotes in the game.

I like Sarevok, because the feeling of having your evil brother serve you is delicious :p

I like Imoen because she has some funny conversations (Slayer Cookies!)

I love Jan because he's got some TALL tales for such a short gnome.

I like Yoshimo because he's so likeable. Damn the traitorous son of a bitch :p

I like Anomen because he's conflicted and unlikeable.

I like Haer'Dalis because he's a tiefling.

I like Aerie because she's sweet and innocent.

I like Mazzy because she's a true knight... Despite her height.

I like Keldorn because he's an "old reliable" and it shows, and the fact that his choices are not easy.

I like Korgan because if anything moves he'll kill it, but if it's drow he'll torture it for days first :p

I like Edwin because there is no better evil wizard. Honestly, the realms guys ought to stat him up and make him the narrator of some realms product... He's almost like Dr. Doom.

I like Valygar because well... Actually I don't like Valygar much.

I like Nalia because she wisens up.

I like Cernd because he's so unremarkable :p

"Det sägs att ovan molnen är himlen alltid blå.
Men det kan vara svårt att tro när man inte ser det.
Och det sägs att efter regnet kommer solen fram igen.
Men det hjälper sällan dem som har blivit våta.
För när vännerna försvinner.
Eller kärleken tar slut.
Ser man allt med lite andra ögon.
Man övar sig och långsamt blir man bättre på att se.
Skillnad mellan sanningar och lögner."
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2005 :  20:20:10  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Imoen, but also Anomen. It's a hard choice, because most of the characters are interesting, and all are useful.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Gladi
Acolyte

Czech Republic
24 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2005 :  18:42:11  Show Profile  Visit Gladi's Homepage Send Gladi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Be well
Keldorn, a pretty true Paladin.

Too bad we had to kill Ajantis so we have no comparison.
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2005 :  20:07:21  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gladi

Be well

You mean those paladins in windspear hills? Where is it mentioned that Ajantis is one of them?

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2005 :  20:10:45  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by khorne

quote:

Be well

You mean those paladins in windspear hills? Where is it mentioned that Ajantis is one of them?

If you have Keldorn or Anomen in your party, they'll sometimes recognize Ajantis being amongst the dead knights of the Windspear Hills.

As for Keldorn being a true paladin...he's pretty good, but not quite as perfect as he may seem at first.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2005 :  21:05:07  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Uhmmm.... I've read somewhere that there was a BG2 mod where you could take Jon Irenicus in your party after defeating him, I didn't rememeber where, but they said he was a HUGE wizard, and the most powerful char in the game. He would be my choice probably I love evil wizards, Edwin, Irenicus...

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est

Edited by - Thelonius on 05 Oct 2005 21:06:13
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2005 :  00:44:51  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am always too good when I play that game... it's hard for me to like anyone but Aerie. I always try to go with Viconia, but I am just a sucker for a pretty elf. :)

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Gladi
Acolyte

Czech Republic
24 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2005 :  06:32:27  Show Profile  Visit Gladi's Homepage Send Gladi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:
Originally posted by khorne

quote:

Be well

If you have Keldorn or Anomen in your party, they'll sometimes recognize Ajantis being amongst the dead knights of the Windspear Hills.

As for Keldorn being a true paladin...he's pretty good, but not quite as perfect as he may seem at first.

Good morning
It is few years... But I also believe that he is the one that talks to you and his dialogue handle is "Ajantis". Also I believe he may let something up if you tell him he is a "monster".

And Keldorn: Yes he is not perfect, but that is exactly why I think of him as a true Paladin. He does not have easy answers. He cannot be everywhere all the time. He cannot win every fight. But he can do his best. and try to do better.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2005 :  19:42:07  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Good morning
It is few years... But I also believe that he is the one that talks to you and his dialogue handle is "Ajantis". Also I believe he may let something up if you tell him he is a "monster".

Hello,

It's been a while since I played the game myself, but I am almost certain the monsters are simply called monsters (not by their human names). The monster that talks to you isn't called "Ajantis". You can tell it's a dodgy situation by the way the monsters talk to you, but that's about it.

quote:
And Keldorn: Yes he is not perfect, but that is exactly why I think of him as a true Paladin. He does not have easy answers. He cannot be everywhere all the time. He cannot win every fight. But he can do his best. and try to do better.

True enough. There are some scenes (one in particular that comes to mind) that really annoy me though. :) And the fact that Viconia's race seems to bother him more than the fact that she is a priestess of Shar.

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 06 Oct 2005 19:42:35
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2005 :  19:43:35  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thelonius

Uhmmm.... I've read somewhere that there was a BG2 mod where you could take Jon Irenicus in your party after defeating him, I didn't rememeber where, but they said he was a HUGE wizard, and the most powerful char in the game. He would be my choice probably I love evil wizards, Edwin, Irenicus...

It's a fan-made mod by Dorotea, called "Redemption" I believe. Don't know much about it, since I've never played it. :)

Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2005 :  20:42:02  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:
Originally posted by Thelonius

It's a fan-made mod by Dorotea, called "Redemption" I believe. Don't know much about it, since I've never played it. :)

I`ve played it. It`s really fun. When you talk with Jon you have to be REALLY careful with what you say. Also, Jon is without question the most powerful mage there is that you can have in your party. Edwin doesn`t even come close. Apparently there are four different endings you can get for Jon.

Go to Top of Page

Milith holder of HB8
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2005 :  03:27:53  Show Profile  Visit Milith holder of HB8's Homepage Send Milith holder of HB8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Minsc all the way! He is a must have in every non-evil party. I'm still amazed at how cool of a character he was. Imoen felt kinda a too silent for my liking, but the Imoen rmance mod takes care of that.

Hey, babe, see my shiny teeth as I smile my very best wolf smile- Ed Greenwood.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2005 :  06:01:42  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If some of you want to discuss certain parts of that add on, take it to PM's. What I'm saw being discussed here has no place being discussed publically on these boards, but if Alaundo decides differently then he'll let you know but for now I'm removing some of these posts.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 25 Dec 2005 06:31:17
Go to Top of Page

Milith holder of HB8
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2005 :  05:06:23  Show Profile  Visit Milith holder of HB8's Homepage Send Milith holder of HB8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry Kuje. I hope everyone will accept my sincer apology

Hey, babe, see my shiny teeth as I smile my very best wolf smile- Ed Greenwood.

Edited by - Milith holder of HB8 on 26 Dec 2005 05:14:21
Go to Top of Page

ejm2000
Acolyte

Poland
4 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2006 :  08:30:36  Show Profile  Visit ejm2000's Homepage Send ejm2000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Viconia - but I see there is no such an option.......
she is drow and cute...just this - "cute" - playful, wicked and malicious like any other drow

pantha rei
Go to Top of Page

Rory
Seeker

79 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2006 :  00:00:31  Show Profile  Visit Rory's Homepage Send Rory a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Korgan
"When the day be done the day be done."
Go to Top of Page

Volo
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2006 :  11:36:51  Show Profile  Visit Volo's Homepage Send Volo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Butts shall be kicked in LIBERAL numbers!!!

Minsc. I love that nutcase.

Volo's misunderstood. He's not an idiot. He's a FLAMING idiot!
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2006 :  20:00:40  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jebeddo

-Feel the burning stare of my HAMSTER and change your ways!

[/quote]Interesting. I didn`t know FR hamsters had a gaze attack...

Go to Top of Page

Alexis Merlin
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2006 :  12:33:03  Show Profile  Visit Alexis Merlin's Homepage Send Alexis Merlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorite was Keldorn....the righteous Paladin doing his best, and still human. I also liked Ajantis in the first one, and the contrast between the two - the young eager knight on his quest, to the older more mature, but still strong and committed one.

It is knowledge that influences and equalizes the social condition of man; that gives to all, however different their political position, passions which are in common, and enjoyments which are universal.
(Benjamin Disraeli)
Go to Top of Page

Mordakay of Thay
Acolyte

Romania
33 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2006 :  14:36:38  Show Profile Send Mordakay of Thay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From all the BG characters the ones I liked are Edwin,Haer'Dalis,Korgan,Keldorn,Sarevok.I don't have a favorite from the list.Some phrases I really liked :
Sarevok:"Death comes for you,FEEL ITS ICY BREATH(now that one made you feel like Sarevok can take on a dragon :P)";
Korgan:"Blasted beggar's immune";"A SKULL BREAKER";"ME AXE BE BLOODY READY"
Edwin:"Elminster this,Elminster that,give me 2000 years and i'll kick his arse"

William Yeats
Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  12:58:42  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FEEEL THE BACKHAND OF JUSTICE!! Hail to minsc and hamsters everywhere!!

Sometimes I feel like Beshaba is sitting on my back, devoting her entire attention to me!

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page

Lysan Lurraxol
Acolyte

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2006 :  13:30:33  Show Profile  Visit Lysan Lurraxol's Homepage Send Lysan Lurraxol a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted Jaheira, she's one of the best written CRPG females, that and she was extremely sarcastic. I prefer her to Edwin, but not to Viconia. I prefer the chars who make me laugh without being over the top.

http://lysan.livejournal.com
"Come join me in the dark..."
Go to Top of Page

Anthallis
Acolyte

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2006 :  17:21:58  Show Profile  Visit Anthallis's Homepage Send Anthallis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Haer'Dalis in my favourite. But seeing as he's not on the list i chose Minsc, some of the Boo conversations are just Hilarious.

P.S. How do you get Edwin turned into a woman?
Go to Top of Page

Beirnadri Magranth
Senior Scribe

USA
720 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2006 :  17:29:56  Show Profile  Visit Beirnadri Magranth's Homepage Send Beirnadri Magranth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
if viconia were up there.... but i picked edwin bc of his amazing stats and necklace...plus he and my main character were both elitist evil wizards

"You came here to be a martyr in a great big bang of glory... instead you will die with a whimper."
::moussaoui tries to interrupt::
"You will never get a chance to speak again and that's an appropriate ending."

-Judge Brinkema
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000