Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Favourite BG 2 Charater
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Gillies
Acolyte

Canada
25 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2006 :  06:18:03  Show Profile  Visit Gillies's Homepage Send Gillies a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would have to say Minsc just because he is so like me. A no brainer, doesn't think to far ahead but he has his heart in the right place and on top of that, he has a heart of gold. Remember kids, "Where Minsc goes...EVIL STANDS ASIDE!!!"

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo.

Go to Top of Page

ElvenBard
Acolyte

Turkey
8 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2006 :  03:07:51  Show Profile  Visit ElvenBard's Homepage Send ElvenBard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i've voted Minsc immediately! he rocks! one of the funniest characters ever created, he really represent his intelligence of 9.. i couldn't play BG series without him or his other half Boo :D
Jaheira is a great character too, and Aerie is really beautiful indeed.. well, BG series just great
Go to Top of Page

Aglaranna
Learned Scribe

166 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2006 :  23:20:42  Show Profile  Visit Aglaranna's Homepage Send Aglaranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One moment, you all might want to get your earplugs, because I'm about to voice some very opinionated opinions...Er, and say redundant things like 'opinionated opinions'...Anyway, everyone knows Minsc and Boo are undefeated! BUTTS WILL BE KICKED IN GOOD MEASURE! And Viconia. Charming woman, really...Er, well, maybe not charming, but, you know. And who doesn't love Jan Jansen? Er, don't answer that...Hm. I could spend a long time discussing the finer points of this, since I've been playing it since I was eight, but I think I'll just spare you all and get to the point. Hmmmm...Not Haer'Dalis, not Korgan, although both were pretty amusing...Erm. I think it would have to be Jan. Or maybe Minscy? No. Jan. Jan Jakober Jansen! Yay! Okay, you can all take out the earplugs now.

"You can choose a ready guide
In some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice

You can choose from phantom fears
And kindness that can kill
I will choose the path that's clear
I will choose freewill." -'Freewill' by Rush
Go to Top of Page

Aglaranna
Learned Scribe

166 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2006 :  23:25:05  Show Profile  Visit Aglaranna's Homepage Send Aglaranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, wait, wait, I revise what I said! LILACOR was the best character! (Er, did I spell that right?) You know, the talking sword. His advice: "Go find somebody rich, and kill 'em. Then go find somebody richer, and kill them too! HACK AND SLASH YOUR WAY TO FORTUNE! WHOO HOO!" One can hardly argue with that!

In some celestial voice

Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2006 :  23:29:27  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
one without a soul can hardly argue with that you mean? ;)

Unofficial Random Hiatus Taker.
Go to Top of Page

Aglaranna
Learned Scribe

166 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2006 :  22:11:07  Show Profile  Visit Aglaranna's Homepage Send Aglaranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, it sounded safer than going to find a dragon, anyway...I thought...

In some celestial voice

Go to Top of Page

Lemernis
Senior Scribe

378 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2006 :  00:24:38  Show Profile  Visit Lemernis's Homepage Send Lemernis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They all have something unique to offer, so it's hard for me to pick a faveorite...

I'm not partial to bards in general, but I was pleasantly surprised at how well Haer'Dalis performed in melee (properly equipped). I used him once in an offbeat party and I got a kick out of his rakish personality. I enjoyed his quest. And (as a custom kit wild mage) getting the Five Flagons theater as a stronghold. He might not be my fave, but I'd give him the 'most underrated' award.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2006 :  04:48:15  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HD is pretty underrated--looking at his stats, you'd think he'd be on the weak side, but he's actually pretty tough.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Aglaranna
Learned Scribe

166 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2006 :  23:52:28  Show Profile  Visit Aglaranna's Homepage Send Aglaranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A lot of people think bards in general are not worthwhile. I usually like playing a bard! It's...colorful? Interesting? Usually I get killed, but it's fun while it lasts.

In some celestial voice

Go to Top of Page

Ellen the Ex-Drow
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  03:28:53  Show Profile  Visit Ellen the Ex-Drow's Homepage Send Ellen the Ex-Drow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was seriously in love with Haer'Dalis for the longest time, and even to this day he remains one of my very favorites. As he was not an option, though, it was a serious wrench between Imoen and Minsc, but in the end I went with Imoen. *cuddles teh little sister*

"Hey, did you hear about that ancient Lovecraftian city they just discovered off New Zealand?"
"Really?"
"No, R'lyeh."
Go to Top of Page

Aglaranna
Learned Scribe

166 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2006 :  23:38:11  Show Profile  Visit Aglaranna's Homepage Send Aglaranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah...I had a serious crush on Haer'Dalis when I was eleven. I just didn't want to admit it before the world a minute ago...

In some celestial voice

Go to Top of Page

Aureus
Learned Scribe

Luxembourg
125 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2006 :  18:20:35  Show Profile Send Aureus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aerie, she is so damn sweet and I like it how she discusses with Keldorn and how Haer'Dalis was able to draw such self-confidence out of her

That is not the weirdest thing that happened to me
Go to Top of Page

Zaknafein
Seeker

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2007 :  04:49:31  Show Profile  Visit Zaknafein's Homepage Send Zaknafein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Minsc. easily. I mean come one who carries a HAMPSTER around in their pouch? genius. Oh, and his tattoo is pretty friggin sweet too.

I liked Keldorn too because he was a great paladin.

Give Keldorn Carsomyr+5 and Minsc Lilarcor then you have a powerhouse, as well as some funny one liners.

Zaknafein Do'Urden: mentor, teacher, friend....To Zak, the one who inspired my courage. -Drizzt Do'Urden

Full plate and packing steel.
Go to Top of Page

Marquant Volker
Learned Scribe

Greece
273 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2007 :  00:58:08  Show Profile Send Marquant Volker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Run for the eye...you know the rest :-)
Go to Top of Page

Zaknafein
Seeker

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2007 :  06:02:22  Show Profile  Visit Zaknafein's Homepage Send Zaknafein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legends, right Boo?

Zaknafein Do'Urden: mentor, teacher, friend....To Zak, the one who inspired my courage. -Drizzt Do'Urden

Full plate and packing steel.
Go to Top of Page

J D Dunsany
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2007 :  16:41:27  Show Profile  Visit J D Dunsany's Homepage Send J D Dunsany a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've gone for Jaheira. She's a wonderful antidote to all those self-righteous heroes that tend to populate CRPGs, yet she has a surprisingly tender side as you play through the game. Great character.

"How content that young woman looks, don't you think? How content, and yet how flammable." - Lemony Snicket, The Unauthorized Autobiography
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2007 :  22:27:40  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I liked Jaheira even back in Baldur's Gate 1, when a lot of gamers claimed they hated her.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

J D Dunsany
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2007 :  09:04:43  Show Profile  Visit J D Dunsany's Homepage Send J D Dunsany a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Yes, I liked Jaheira even back in Baldur's Gate 1, when a lot of gamers claimed they hated her.

Funnily enough, I didn't like Jaheira in BG1 - I found her relationship with Khalid decidedly wearing. It's only in BG2, where her abruptness is mediated by her genuine (well, well-written at least) grief and then her tenderness as she opens up to the PC, that I really grew to appreciate her as a character. She's a much more rounded character in BG2, imho. (Plus, some of her putdowns to Aerie are absolutely magnificent! )

"How content that young woman looks, don't you think? How content, and yet how flammable." - Lemony Snicket, The Unauthorized Autobiography
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2007 :  23:31:34  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by J D Dunsany

quote:

Funnily enough, I didn't like Jaheira in BG1 - I found her relationship with Khalid decidedly wearing. It's only in BG2, where her abruptness is mediated by her genuine (well, well-written at least) grief and then her tenderness as she opens up to the PC, that I really grew to appreciate her as a character. She's a much more rounded character in BG2, imho.

Oh, I can definitely agree with that. The BG1 personalities weren't truly explored with very much depth, and BG2 improves on what I thought was actually a good start in Jaheira's case.

Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2007 :  23:50:28  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Imoen all the way...

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1
Go to Top of Page

J D Dunsany
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2007 :  20:49:51  Show Profile  Visit J D Dunsany's Homepage Send J D Dunsany a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh, I can definitely agree with that. The BG1 personalities weren't truly explored with very much depth, and BG2 improves on what I thought was actually a good start in Jaheira's case.

Yes. I think that's a valid observation. Even the really quite clever ideas for characters in BG1 (Xan, Minsc and Jaheira all qualify) only really come across as just that - ideas. When you get to BG2, though, there's a much greater sense that these are well-rounded characters. Keldorn's dilemma; Jaheira's grief; Aerie's tragic past - these are much more profound character traits than just "lippy druid" or "unbelievably pessimistic elf". All of which makes polls like this actually very difficult - well, for me, anyway.

Best!

JDD

Edited by - J D Dunsany on 21 Apr 2007 22:15:49
Go to Top of Page

Ranin
Seeker

88 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2007 :  18:43:56  Show Profile  Visit Ranin's Homepage Send Ranin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like Viconia cause she's hot. I would always make it so she flirts with me whenever I played. She changed my preferred alignment from chaotic good to chaotic neutral

Listen to the silence of the wilds, in there lies the wisdom of ages.

Edited by - Ranin on 11 Jun 2007 18:45:41
Go to Top of Page

Ladejarl
Seeker

Norway
55 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2007 :  23:05:16  Show Profile  Visit Ladejarl's Homepage Send Ladejarl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since Jan is missing from the poll: Minsc and Boo. "Space hamsters are never wrong!"

"There should be much less violence, and more nudity and kinkiness in the world."
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2007 :  23:23:37  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ladejarl

"Space hamsters are never wrong!"

Now that's a sentiment I can agree with!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Daniel of the North
Acolyte

Norway
30 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2007 :  00:20:42  Show Profile  Visit Daniel of the North's Homepage Send Daniel of the North a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No doubt: Edwin

THE ART OF ESCAPING REALITY
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2007 :  10:53:26  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only thing I didn't like about the game was that I could only have five companions. I wanted to to take the lot of them with me!

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2007 :  15:33:41  Show Profile Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted Jaheira, but I really wanted to vote for Viconia.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDonLNKf6_KA9Qlal3Qu3zQ?view_as=subscriber
Go to Top of Page

Aewrik
Seeker

80 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2007 :  00:35:17  Show Profile Send Aewrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hoho, Jan Jansen without a doubt:

Jan: You know, Binky, I have been considering this plan of yours that you had with the Iron Throne and all that. Interesting ideas... but flawed.
Sarevok: Binky? You had best not be addressing me, gnome.
Jan: For instance, whose idea was it to put impurities in the iron? Sounds like the lame idea of some yes-man underling who didn't know when to quit. No doubt you had him flogged.
Sarevok: I will not have my past commented upon by the likes of you, churl. Quiet yourself, lest that you experience more than mere flogging.
Jan: Speaking of a good flog, I'm brought to mind of poor Auntie Sara. She, too, had a master plan to take over the Sword Coast, you know. Although hers was considerably less dramatic and involved the use of some tasty recipes for a turnip pie and some mind-altering herbs that Auntie Sara had bought from a rather disreputable Turmish mage.
Sarevok: Are you listening of *nothing* I say?! Desist or suffer the consenquences!
Jan: Do you think she would listen to us? You can trust a Turmish mage about as far as you can kick him... and even then it's not a bad idea to carry a good thumping stick. But, alas, Auntie Sara just cackled in her most villain-like way and was determined to carry on with her plan to hypnotize the Sword Coast. Alas, she was compeletely undone by an over-the-top exposition she gave to a spy she had captured... and who subsequently escaped, of course, before she could have him killed. It's what villains do, I understand, when they're not busy defiling iron.
Sarevok: I will not be mocked, gnome! This is your last warning!
Jan: Of course, they say that Duke Eltan had already had a bit of Auntie's pie and enjoyed it immensely. Rather than becoming hypnotized, he just became rather pleasantly obsessed with silken undergarments. This, of course, led to the first Great Underwear Shortage. It's also known as the Three-Year Wedgie Drought, but that's another story compeletely.
Sarevok: AUUUUGHHH!! How maddening! How can you put up with such impudence, <Protagonist>?!

My last run, I had the following characters:
Jan ("You know, this reminds me of that time, wa-a-a-ay back... "
Haer'Dalis ("Well, my frumpy ptarmigan, I must protest - ")
Edwin ("(Sigh. It's aggravation like this that will eventually cause me to fireball the entire party as they sleep. Yes indeed, everyone peaceful and quiet and then FOOM!)")
Minsc ("Evil 'round every corner. Careful not to step in any...")
Jaheira (until I got Sarevok - "Binky")

If you're going to play BGII anytime soon... try bringing these characters together!
I would've loved being able to cram Imoen in there, too (she teases Edwin quite alot). Or the spectator beholder, for that matter. If all beholders were like that one... Faerűn and the Underdark would've been a... somewhat different place.
Go to Top of Page

King Oscar
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2007 :  23:28:02  Show Profile  Visit King Oscar's Homepage Send King Oscar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did rather like Edwin, although Anomen is fine to.
Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2007 :  14:44:01  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
look at my avatar and my sig. 'nuf said

The brave don't live forever,the cautious don't live at all
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000