Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Dragon Age
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Daniel of the North
Acolyte

Norway
30 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2008 :  14:03:55  Show Profile  Visit Daniel of the North's Homepage Send Daniel of the North a Private Message  Delete Topic
First of all I would like to make it clear that this is not a DnD - game. I have read the the rules recently and if the modrators find this thread to "far-out" fell free to delete it.

Im kind of new here.

Relevant links:
Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Age
Dragon Age homepage
http://dragonage.bioware.com/
Screenshots
http://www.tothegame.com/screenshot.asp?id=3328

However

quote:
BioWare describes Dragon Age as a 'spiritual successor' to the Baldur's Gate series

Expectations? Oppinions.

Post them here.

THE ART OF ESCAPING REALITY

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2008 :  15:17:46  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
Well, Dragon Age isn't a Realms game, so I'm not sure how revelant this thread is.

It also hasn't been released yet, so we don't know too much about it. I will say, though, that I plan to play it.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Edain Shadowstar
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2008 :  15:19:22  Show Profile  Visit Edain Shadowstar's Homepage Send Edain Shadowstar a Private Message
Okay, I'll tempt the wrath of the almighty mods.

As long time rabid fan of BioWare, their games and especially their engines I will undoubtedly purchase Dragon Age. That having been said, will the "spiritual successor" to Baldur's Gate satisfy that gapping maw in my soul crying out for Baldur's Gate III? Probably not.

All said and done, a great part of the draw for me, and other like-minded Royal Nerds, was that Baldur's Gate was D&D, Forgotten Realms, and in the case of Baldur's Gate II, contained so many delicious D&D in-jokes and references.

Now, does that mean if BioWare succeeds in making a game combining Baldur's Gate's compelling characters and interactions and interesting story with a quality and intuitive 3-D engine and just the right amount of CRPG innovation in a game that is long enough to not make me feel ripped off and that doesn't require seven patches to remotely playable I won't herald Dragon Age as a great game? No. That would be a great game. But it's still not Baldur's Gate, and that is sort of a let down.

But, I will soldier on in hopes of quality D&D and Forgotten Realms CRPGs in the future, though with what I have heard about Fourth Edition I might be sorely disappointed. Oh well, at least StarCraft II is coming.

For Aiur!

Edain Shadowstar
Archwizard of Rel Astra and Waterdeep

"Mmm…pie…"
- Gaius Solarian, Captain General
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2008 :  15:35:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
Yeah, I'm afraid that I'm not seeing enough Realms relevance here, myself. If I am mistaken, please PM me and I'll reopen the thread. But in the meantime, I'm closing it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000