Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Deities in FR/D&D video games
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Caedwyr
Seeker

87 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2007 :  19:16:15  Show Profile  Visit Caedwyr's Homepage Send Caedwyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
With all the talk of the upcoming pruning of the deity lists, I got to thinking about how many deities have been used/presented/mentioned in various FR/D&D video games.

I'll list the ones I can remember being mentioned in the Baldur's Gate series, as that is the game I am the most familiar with. Feel free to add to my list if I miss anything, or list deities mentioned in other games

Baldur's Gate Series

Ao
Bane
Cyric
Lathander
Mystra
Oghma
Shar
Silvanus
Sune
Talos
Tempus
Tyr
Beshaba
Gond
Helm
Ilmater
Lolth
Mielikki
Selûne
Tymora
Umberlee
Auril
Lliira
Mask
Talona
Tiamat
Torm
Waukeen
Jergal
Eilistraee
Ghaunadaur
Vhaeraun
Clanggedin Silverbeard
Moradin
Aerdrie Faenya
Corellon Larethian
Rillifane Rallathil
Shevarash
The Seldarine (As a group)
Baervan Wildwanderer
Garl Glittergold
Arvoreen
Gruumsh
Sekolah
Demogorgon
Amaunator
Bhaal
Myrkul
Tyche
Vecna (not a deity at the time of the game)
Cyrrollalee
Kelemvor

I'm probably missing some

Edited by - Caedwyr on 14 Dec 2007 15:37:44

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2007 :  20:16:16  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kelemvor--there's a monument to him in BG2.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Nimriel
Seeker

Sweden
51 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2007 :  14:48:50  Show Profile  Visit Nimriel's Homepage Send Nimriel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where is Vecna mentioned? I can't remember seeing his name in the BG games. Also is Demogorgon a deity? I'm pretty sure Velsharoon is mentioned in ether the BG games or at least in the NWN games. Red Knight in IWD II.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2007 :  15:15:29  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nimriél

Where is Vecna mentioned?

The PC can get items of Vecna (like the robe of Venca) in BG2. But back then, he wasn't a deity.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Caedwyr
Seeker

87 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2007 :  15:37:00  Show Profile  Visit Caedwyr's Homepage Send Caedwyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Demogorgon is a lesser power of the evil ixitxachitl rays in second edition. An avatar of his is trapped in watcher's keep by Helm, preventing him from manifesting additional avatars on the Prime Material Plane.

And yes, Vecna may not be a god at the time of the game, so that would scratch him off the list.

Another one to add Cyrrollalee. There may also be a reference or two to Dragonlance deities, but I can't recall which one.
Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2007 :  16:51:08  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the other ones look good.

The brave don't live forever,the cautious don't live at all
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000