Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Favourite BG 2 Charater

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Aleta_Delryn Posted - 03 Nov 2004 : 07:40:54
Who is your favourite Baldur's Gate 2: Shadow of Amn character?

I've only got 6 slots to fill- so my apolgies to anyone who's favourite character isn't there.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Aravine Posted - 02 Jan 2008 : 18:01:14
In one of my games I duplicated flails of ages and dual-weild them.
Ranak Posted - 17 Dec 2007 : 21:45:05
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:
Originally posted by Nimriél

Belt of Stone Giant Strenght and Flail of Ages can do wonders.

True, and I'm not saying Viconia would never win, but she still has far fewer hit points than Keldorn does.

Also, just for clarification purposes, Viconia and Keldorn don't fight just because Keldorn "gets too high and mighty", they fight because like they are 100% incompatible with each other as adventuring partners, just like a few other pairs in the game. Not saying that's a great reason to fight to the death (), but it isn't all Keldorn's fault.

In my game Keldorn was very susceptible to her spells, so she would hold him, flame strike him, etc. and she won 2/3 times at least.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 08 Dec 2007 : 02:18:31
quote:
Originally posted by Nimriél

True, and I'm not saying Viconia would never win, but she still has far fewer hit points than Keldorn does.

Also, just for clarification purposes, Viconia and Keldorn don't fight just because Keldorn "gets too high and mighty", they fight because like they are 100% incompatible with each other as adventuring partners, just like a few other pairs in the game. Not saying that's a great reason to fight to the death (), but it isn't all Keldorn's fault.
Nimriel Posted - 07 Dec 2007 : 12:27:57
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 06 Dec 2007 : 16:14:46
quote:
Originally posted by Ranak

Viconia, because she would destroy the paladin in the party when he got too high and mighty.

Actually, it's usually the other way around (that is, Viconia's the one who gets obliterated), since if two NPCs decide to fight they are taken out of the player's control, and "tank-like" characters get the edge.

Ranak Posted - 06 Dec 2007 : 06:16:54
Viconia, because she would destroy the paladin in the party when he got too high and mighty.
Nimriel Posted - 04 Dec 2007 : 19:46:01
I like Viconia best, Boo and Minsc are a close second.
GRYPHON Posted - 03 Dec 2007 : 14:52:03
Gotta go with Imoen...
Aravine Posted - 03 Oct 2007 : 17:11:32
in my current game in bg2, i have killed all playable characters. it all started when Minsc got himself disintegrated by a trap
i then imported my made charaters from my old game and summoned a pit fiend in the cage with jahiera.
Aravine Posted - 30 Sep 2007 : 14:44:01
look at my avatar and my sig. 'nuf said
King Oscar Posted - 26 Sep 2007 : 23:28:02
I did rather like Edwin, although Anomen is fine to.
Aewrik Posted - 14 Sep 2007 : 00:35:17
Hoho, Jan Jansen without a doubt:

Jan: You know, Binky, I have been considering this plan of yours that you had with the Iron Throne and all that. Interesting ideas... but flawed.
Sarevok: Binky? You had best not be addressing me, gnome.
Jan: For instance, whose idea was it to put impurities in the iron? Sounds like the lame idea of some yes-man underling who didn't know when to quit. No doubt you had him flogged.
Sarevok: I will not have my past commented upon by the likes of you, churl. Quiet yourself, lest that you experience more than mere flogging.
Jan: Speaking of a good flog, I'm brought to mind of poor Auntie Sara. She, too, had a master plan to take over the Sword Coast, you know. Although hers was considerably less dramatic and involved the use of some tasty recipes for a turnip pie and some mind-altering herbs that Auntie Sara had bought from a rather disreputable Turmish mage.
Sarevok: Are you listening of *nothing* I say?! Desist or suffer the consenquences!
Jan: Do you think she would listen to us? You can trust a Turmish mage about as far as you can kick him... and even then it's not a bad idea to carry a good thumping stick. But, alas, Auntie Sara just cackled in her most villain-like way and was determined to carry on with her plan to hypnotize the Sword Coast. Alas, she was compeletely undone by an over-the-top exposition she gave to a spy she had captured... and who subsequently escaped, of course, before she could have him killed. It's what villains do, I understand, when they're not busy defiling iron.
Sarevok: I will not be mocked, gnome! This is your last warning!
Jan: Of course, they say that Duke Eltan had already had a bit of Auntie's pie and enjoyed it immensely. Rather than becoming hypnotized, he just became rather pleasantly obsessed with silken undergarments. This, of course, led to the first Great Underwear Shortage. It's also known as the Three-Year Wedgie Drought, but that's another story compeletely.
Sarevok: AUUUUGHHH!! How maddening! How can you put up with such impudence, <Protagonist>?!

My last run, I had the following characters:
Jan ("You know, this reminds me of that time, wa-a-a-ay back... "
Haer'Dalis ("Well, my frumpy ptarmigan, I must protest - ")
Edwin ("(Sigh. It's aggravation like this that will eventually cause me to fireball the entire party as they sleep. Yes indeed, everyone peaceful and quiet and then FOOM!)")
Minsc ("Evil 'round every corner. Careful not to step in any...")
Jaheira (until I got Sarevok - "Binky")

If you're going to play BGII anytime soon... try bringing these characters together!
I would've loved being able to cram Imoen in there, too (she teases Edwin quite alot). Or the spectator beholder, for that matter. If all beholders were like that one... Faerûn and the Underdark would've been a... somewhat different place.
Drakul Posted - 15 Aug 2007 : 15:33:41
I voted Jaheira, but I really wanted to vote for Viconia.
khorne Posted - 15 Aug 2007 : 10:53:26
The only thing I didn't like about the game was that I could only have five companions. I wanted to to take the lot of them with me!
Daniel of the North Posted - 15 Aug 2007 : 00:20:42
No doubt: Edwin
Wooly Rupert Posted - 16 Jun 2007 : 23:23:37
quote:
Originally posted by Ladejarl

"Space hamsters are never wrong!"

Now that's a sentiment I can agree with!
Ladejarl Posted - 16 Jun 2007 : 23:05:16
Since Jan is missing from the poll: Minsc and Boo. "Space hamsters are never wrong!"
Ranin Posted - 11 Jun 2007 : 18:43:56
I like Viconia cause she's hot. I would always make it so she flirts with me whenever I played. She changed my preferred alignment from chaotic good to chaotic neutral
J D Dunsany Posted - 21 Apr 2007 : 20:49:51
quote:

Oh, I can definitely agree with that. The BG1 personalities weren't truly explored with very much depth, and BG2 improves on what I thought was actually a good start in Jaheira's case.

Yes. I think that's a valid observation. Even the really quite clever ideas for characters in BG1 (Xan, Minsc and Jaheira all qualify) only really come across as just that - ideas. When you get to BG2, though, there's a much greater sense that these are well-rounded characters. Keldorn's dilemma; Jaheira's grief; Aerie's tragic past - these are much more profound character traits than just "lippy druid" or "unbelievably pessimistic elf". All of which makes polls like this actually very difficult - well, for me, anyway.

Best!

JDD
Victor_ograygor Posted - 20 Apr 2007 : 23:50:28
Imoen all the way...
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 20 Apr 2007 : 23:31:34
quote:
Originally posted by J D Dunsany

quote:

Yes, I liked Jaheira even back in Baldur's Gate 1, when a lot of gamers claimed they hated her.

Funnily enough, I didn't like Jaheira in BG1 - I found her relationship with Khalid decidedly wearing. It's only in BG2, where her abruptness is mediated by her genuine (well, well-written at least) grief and then her tenderness as she opens up to the PC, that I really grew to appreciate her as a character. She's a much more rounded character in BG2, imho.

Oh, I can definitely agree with that. The BG1 personalities weren't truly explored with very much depth, and BG2 improves on what I thought was actually a good start in Jaheira's case.
J D Dunsany Posted - 20 Apr 2007 : 09:04:43
quote:

Yes, I liked Jaheira even back in Baldur's Gate 1, when a lot of gamers claimed they hated her.

Funnily enough, I didn't like Jaheira in BG1 - I found her relationship with Khalid decidedly wearing. It's only in BG2, where her abruptness is mediated by her genuine (well, well-written at least) grief and then her tenderness as she opens up to the PC, that I really grew to appreciate her as a character. She's a much more rounded character in BG2, imho. (Plus, some of her putdowns to Aerie are absolutely magnificent! )
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 19 Apr 2007 : 22:27:40
J D Dunsany Posted - 19 Apr 2007 : 16:41:27
I've gone for Jaheira. She's a wonderful antidote to all those self-righteous heroes that tend to populate CRPGs, yet she has a surprisingly tender side as you play through the game. Great character.
Zaknafein Posted - 01 Feb 2007 : 06:02:22
Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legends, right Boo?
Marquant Volker Posted - 01 Feb 2007 : 00:58:08
Run for the eye...you know the rest :-)
Zaknafein Posted - 26 Jan 2007 : 04:49:31
Minsc. easily. I mean come one who carries a HAMPSTER around in their pouch? genius. Oh, and his tattoo is pretty friggin sweet too.

I liked Keldorn too because he was a great paladin.

Give Keldorn Carsomyr+5 and Minsc Lilarcor then you have a powerhouse, as well as some funny one liners.
Aureus Posted - 28 Dec 2006 : 18:20:35
Aerie, she is so damn sweet and I like it how she discusses with Keldorn and how Haer'Dalis was able to draw such self-confidence out of her
Aglaranna Posted - 17 Dec 2006 : 23:38:11
Yeah...I had a serious crush on Haer'Dalis when I was eleven. I just didn't want to admit it before the world a minute ago...
Ellen the Ex-Drow Posted - 04 Dec 2006 : 03:28:53
I was seriously in love with Haer'Dalis for the longest time, and even to this day he remains one of my very favorites. As he was not an option, though, it was a serious wrench between Imoen and Minsc, but in the end I went with Imoen. *cuddles teh little sister*

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000