Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 What is the coolest weapon in Baldurs Gate 2
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2003 :  17:30:56  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
WHAT IS THE COOLEST WEAPON YOU CAN GET IN BG 2 SHADOW OF AMN. I THINK CELESTIAL OF FURY, FLAIL OF AGES AND BLACKRAZOR ARE FAVORITES. I ALSO WONDERED IF ANYONE EVER HAS MAKED THE HUMAN FLESH ARMOR WHIT THE DRAGON BLOD AND STOFF THAT YOU GET IN THE "SOLVE THE SKINNER MURDER IN BRIDGE DISTRICT" TASK?

Edited by - Alaundo on 27 Dec 2003 10:43:27

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2003 :  18:29:25  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nope human flesh i did not like that its just wrong (and the drace just woulden die) And the flail og ages must be one of the most powrful weapon in the fr and CELESTIAL OF FURY whats that
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2003 :  19:42:45  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oowww, I have a friend that had a problem with the dragon, he got killed right after he killed the dragon, every time, some sort of death spell I think. Celestial of fury is a realy cool katana you will find in tempel district. Yeah flail of ages must be one of the most powerful weapons in fg, but which is the coolest? Have you ever killed the shadow dragon in Umar hills, if you have I'm sure that you got the crom feamyr scroll(scroll for how to make a hammer). Have you ever got all the items you need to create it?

Learn about the Ways of Vhaeraun .
- Check out my bio, majore update
- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2003 :  20:59:47  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its Celestial Fury, i think Cyric was tryin 2 point out ur mistake...of course ive gotten Crom Faeyr, every time ive played. aye the Flail of the Ages is an extremely awesome weapon, but the best/coolest in the game is (hands down) the Staff of the Magi.

Death strips away the masks men don to hide their true nature - The Slayer's Guide to Undead

The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos shall be sown from their passage - So Sayeth the Wise Alaundo

Whenever magic one doth weave, 'tis never ever wise to deceive - Elminster

Strength and power come from knowing and controlling what others do not, but never reveal all that you know - Vecna

I have been known to cast a blue mage spell now and again - Dracandos the Spellsage
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2003 :  11:16:19  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You have gotten the crom feamyr? I have tryed, but I have never got the girdle of frost (or was it fire?) giant strenght. Where is it then

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2003 :  01:14:11  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye, it is the Girdle of Frost Giant Strength, and it is found in the Kuo-Toan dungeon in the Underdark...kill the Demon Knights, 1 of them has it.

Death strips away the masks men don to hide their true nature - The Slayer's Guide to Undead

The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos shall be sown from their passage - So Sayeth the Wise Alaundo

Strength and power come from knowing and controlling what others do not, but never reveal all that you know - Vecna

I have been known to cast a blue mage spell now and again - Dracandos the Spellsage
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2003 :  05:49:23  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
without a single doubt

its a toss up between staff of the magi/carsomyr +6 or +5 in SoA/Robe of vecna

given that in SoA only paladins can use the Holy Avenger, i would say staff of the Magi or Robe of Vecna

The human flesh is totally not worth it. Here are the stats

Human Flesh +5

Made from human skin and treated with the blood of a noble dragon, this armor
emits the stench of bitter death. The malevolent armor can only be used by a
truly evil person.

STATISTICS:

Armor Class: 3
Saving Throws: +4 bonus
Magic Resistance: 20% bonus
Weight: 5
Requires: 3 Strength
Not usable by:
Mage
Non-Evil Characters

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand

Edited by - MuadDib on 19 Nov 2003 05:50:59
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2003 :  07:07:01  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree, the human flesh is a waste once converted. I had a NE bard wearing the Raw human flesh (pun, get it? ) but he had a slight armor bonus and was able to cast mage spells. As for the weapon I would have to say... well I'm in the process of finishing a hidden Item in teh game I think it's a weapon... but I have yet to complete it to find out... As of right now though, I'd say Cursed Sword of Beserking +3 as usual .

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2003 :  11:05:26  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is'ent the human flesh armor any better than that. Weird, all the other dragons give you scales that you can make realy good armors of. What and disipontment.
Thanks for the stats

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2003 :  14:50:33  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
what is this staff of the magi i cant belive i have missed some thing.
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2003 :  18:40:48  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I was wondering ht staff of magic is. Can anybody give me some stats?

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2003 :  21:26:56  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
omg i can t believe u havent found it Cyric, its in the Twisted Rune...best friggin weapon in the game

Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2003 :  21:43:17  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welll... That's open to debate... and it is quite easy to miss the Staff of the Magi since most people would sell key to the portal.....
As some are in for a rude awakening if: They are a low level party, Unprepared, and they stumble across the portal and trigger it accidentally... That's how i found it... and there by died

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2003 :  23:51:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's the key, Deimos?
Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2003 :  01:35:09  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye Cardinal Deimos, the Twisted Rune is a difficult battle (especially since i do it as soon as i possibly can cuz i want the Staff of the Magi as soon i as can get it!!!)
The key Arivia, is a Rouge Stone.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2003 :  05:30:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Dracandos.
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2003 :  07:17:21  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ok, stats for all the pretty people, decide yourself:

You can buy Robe of Vecna in the adventurers mart if you have BGII special edition
Carsomyr is on the corpse of Firkraag
Staff of Magi has been discussed, but is easily the most difficult to get
Blackrazor is nice, but it makes you evil alignment to get it, unless you just kill the dude afterwards

Robe of Vecna

This robe doesn't even have close to the power that the two famous artifacts, the Hand and Eye of Vecna possess. Still, from simply being worn by the powerful lich, the robe absorbed enough magical energies to become a potent magic item.

STATISTICS:

Equipped Abilities:
AC: base set to 5
Improves casting speed by 4
+10% Magic Resistance
Weight: 3
Only usable by:
Mage (single, dual, & multi-class)

The Holy Avenger: Carsomyr
Carsomyr is a weapon of legend, perhaps one of the most powerful blades ever forged on Faerun, though its origin and history is thought purposefully forgotten, such that the sword itself never overshadow the importance of the struggles that must be fought today. It is infused with the very essence of virtue, and requires as much from any paladin that would hope to wield it. The evils of the Realms must truly stand aside when this weapon is brought to bear, their magic dispelled with a word, steadfastly resisted with ease. Carsomyr also harbors a special distaste for the forces of evil and chaos, and such creatures must fear additional damage from its touch in battle.

STATISTICS

Equipped Abilities:
50% Magic Resistance
Dispel magic 3 times per day
Combat Abilities:
+5 damage to chaotic evil opponents in addition to other bonuses.
Dispels magic whenever the sword strikes an opponent
THAC0: +5 bonus
Damage: 1D12 +5
Damage type: slashing
Weight: 7
Speed Factor: 5
Proficiency Type: Two handed sword
Type: 2-handed
Requires: 14 Strength
Usable By:
Paladins

and the +6 version:

Carsomyr +6 (Throne of Bhaal)

Even a Holy Relic as powerful as Carsomyr is made even greater when combined with the Eye of Tyr.

STATISTICS

Equipped Abilities:
50% Magic Resistance
Dispel magic 3 times per day
Combat Abilities:
+6 damage to chaotic evil opponents in addition to other bonuses.
Dispels magic whenever the sword strikes an opponent
THAC0: +6 bonus
Damage: 1D12 +6
Weight: 6
Speed Factor: 4
Proficiency Type: Two handed sword
Requires: 14 Strength
Usable By:
Paladins

Staff of the Magi

This type of staff is thoroughly linked of the image of the spellcasting profession, rare though it is. It is among the most powerful tools that a wizard can possess, the culmination of complex enchantment and endless study. This particular example is good in melee, grants Invisibility, and offers protection from Charms and Evil. It can also cast a Spell Trap, launch a Fireball-Lighting Bolt combination, and Dispel Magic. The quintessential mage item.

STATISTICS
Armor Class: +2 bonus
Saving Throws: +2 bonus
Equipped Abilities:
Invisibility
Immunity to Charm
Protection From Evil

Fireball-Lightning
Damage: combined lightning and fireball damage
Range: 150 feet
Use: Three times a day

Abilities: Trap Spell
Duration: 8 hours or until 30 spell levels have been trapped
Use: Once a day

Combat Ability (each hit): Dispel Magic
THAC0: +1 bonus (strikes as a +5 weapon)
Damage: 1D6 +1
Damage type: crushing
Weight: 4
Speed Factor: 4
Proficiency Type: Quarterstaff
Requires: 5 Strength
Usable By
Mages

(the spell trap here is wrong, in the game it last until dispelled, ie permanent)

Blackrazor, Long Sword +3

This sword radiates evil like a sour odor, and the owner never knows if he wields the weapon, or if it wields him. In addition to its combat abilities, Blackrazor slowly regenerates its owner with the drained strength of opponents.

STATISTICS:

Equipped Ability :
Regeneration: 1 hp every 5 seconds
Immunity to Charm and Fear
With every hit it has a 15% chance of draining 4 levels, healing the wielder by 20 hit points, and hasting him for 20 seconds as well as increasing his strength by 3 points for 20 seconds.
THAC0: +3 bonus
Damage: 1D8 +3
Weight: 4
Speed Factor: 2
Proficiency Type: Long Sword
Type: 1-handed
Requires: 6 Strength
Not Usable By:
Druid
Cleric
Mage

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2003 :  11:24:42  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2003 :  14:02:00  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yes inded thanks
Go to Top of Page

Xylerius Thallin
Acolyte

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2003 :  11:02:19  Show Profile  Visit Xylerius Thallin's Homepage Send Xylerius Thallin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You will have fun with Amult of Power, Robe of Vecna, Improved Alacrity and Time Stop.

Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2003 :  16:07:29  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
but i must say that the flail of ages beats all of them and have a cooler story
Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2003 :  19:03:32  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know this may sound lame, but...

Sword of Backstabbing

Eh, well, what do ya want me to do? I love the thing; it glows RED FOR GOD'S SAKE... and it fit right in with my lovely black and red thief

I must say, I was very disappointed that they didn't bring back the Dagger of Venom.

BTW, for you mages, the staff of the magi was great. Don't ever leave home without it~

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2003 :  20:57:00  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ur right Kitira Gildragon, it does sound kinda lame, but whatever suits u...and yes i never leave home without the staff of the magi. However i do find your quote 2 be quite offensive 2 us mages...

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2003 :  14:10:02  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you think sword of backstabbing is cool since it is glowing red you must like Fire tooth+3. And I think it is better too

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Nocturno
Acolyte

25 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2003 :  23:08:58  Show Profile  Visit Nocturno's Homepage Send Nocturno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I loved Carsonmyr when I was an undead hunter but then I absolutely found amulet of power and blackrazor and CELESTIAL OF FURY are my favs I love them all together
Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2003 :  01:20:08  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like mages, Dracandros- just so long so long as they're on my side. Otherwise, I aim for them first! The quote is in character, so it shouldn't truly offend. IRL, I play wild mages and sorcerers.

Ezindir, I wasn't all that fond of Fire tooth. Dunno why. *shrug* Stilleto of Demarchess and Pixy prick were cool. ^^ I loved them while I had them.

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page

Nocturno
Acolyte

25 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2003 :  03:24:59  Show Profile  Visit Nocturno's Homepage Send Nocturno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
fighter thief is the the best for baldurs gate you get celestial fury in one hand and the the black razor in another you kick ass with edwin and viconia
but that's not the issue ,so, well I love mages too but with another class supporting
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2003 :  17:58:07  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Vel fire tooth is in the drow city, the merchant sells it. I Think blackrazor must be the coolest. Does anyone here now what the gnome in Amcetran(or somthing) can make, it is in trone of bhaal

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2003 :  20:13:03  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i was only kidding Kitira Gildragon about the mage thing
but Ezindir, fire tooth isnt in the drow city, u get it from the guy at the outside of watchers keep

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2003 :  21:32:12  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You dont mean fire tooth the crossbow do you, becouse I am talking about the dagger.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2003 :  02:11:52  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ah my apologies Ezindir, when i heard firetooth, i thought of the crossbow, sorry

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000