Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 What is the coolest weapon in Baldurs Gate 2
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2003 :  21:20:21  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Vel it is not hard to take the wrong weapon when they have cold to weapons for the same. The only difference is that the crossbow is in to words.

I was also wondering about a thing. I have been playing BG 2 whit a Kensai and I have gone up in level to times. The first time I got ten hp more. This was awfully lot to me since I have never gotten up more than five hp in BG 2 even whit a fighter. I am playing whit an elf so I do only have 17 constitution. I will also add that the second time I whent up in level I gained 13 hp. My question is: Is it becouse I am a Kensai I gain so much hp?

Learn about the Ways of Vhaeraun .
- Check out my bio, majore update
- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Edain Shadowstar
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2003 :  06:09:16  Show Profile  Visit Edain Shadowstar's Homepage Send Edain Shadowstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While, I have to say this is a highly conditional answer, the top of the list includes: Flail of the Ages +5, Celestial Fury, and Carsomyr +6. These are amongst the most useful and powerful weapons in the game. Honorable mention goes to Crom Faeyr, a weapon that is leathal in the hands of everyones favorite fighter/cleric, Anomen Delyrn.

Other efffective weapons are the "Staff of the Magi" and "Ravanger +6". While both useful, they are not nearly as desirable as others. The staff for instance, while nice, is often not highly useful since i rarely use a full fledged mage. The Ravanger also lacks usefulness, as I do not usually specialize character in polearms.

Edain Shadowstar
Archwizard of Rel Astra and Waterdeep

"Mmm…pie…"
- Gaius Solarian, Captain General
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2003 :  07:07:49  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ezindir: Is your character a barbarian? I dont think that choosing a kit will cause you to gain so much xp. I know that BG is unlike IWD in that you can not enable a toggle to get max HP each round and I can only say you are lucky as heck, as most of my characters seem to go up by one or two HP per level. You lucky fish!

An interesting point about the Ravager +6. It is rates by the greats such as Dan Simpson as the most powerful weapon. Note powerful not useful. Using Sarevok in ToB and his special ability, you can hit for an excess of 200 HP in a hit. This is an amazing amount and frightening when you see it. The Ravager also has that delicious decapitate ability, which saved me many a timy with pesky Illithid.

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2003 :  10:40:21  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No my character is a Kensai. I went up in lv for the third time and all I got now was 3 hp. But if your character goes up in lv and you are not happy with the hp you gained will it be posible to load and go up in lv and get more hp?

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2003 :  11:02:27  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ezindir: just reading my post now, I realise the stupidity of my question. Replace barbarian with half-orc and repeat the question

As for rerolling HP, I know its a 'random' roll but im not sure if it is possible in BG, as I have never tried it.

If you are really keen on getting the most HP though, download Shadowkeeper or whatever its called and shark your character's HP to reflect the most HP gained.

As for your original question, I really dont know how it is possible that you went up 13 hp in a level, as I thought the highest HP die roll was 1D12. Tell me though, since I know the beginning of BG quite well, is your character wearing the Helm of Balduran? Or some other HP enhancing item? Is he perhaps under the effects of the Kai ability or some other HP enhacning effect?

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2003 :  11:21:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It might be his Constitution. If he's a Kensai, than he could have a +4 bonus to hp each level because of his Constitution. I might be wrong on parts of this, as I haven't played BGII in a few months.
Actually, you can gain maximum hp each level in BGII. It's integrated into the difficulty slider.
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2003 :  12:57:19  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Vel.. He cant have a +4 hp in each lv becouse the two last times I went up in lv I only gained 3 hp. I seems that the mass of hp I gained only was a temporery thing.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2003 :  13:08:47  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
MuadDib: Since my charackter is a kensai he can't use any cind of armor included helmets. My character is an elf, and I am pretty sure that I was not(or is) wearing any hp enchanting item since all I was jusing was a katana. And I'm sure that I went up 13 hp becouse I startet with 69 hp and then I got 10hp+13hp+3hp+3hp=29hp and 29hp+69hp=98hp and 98 is my current hp

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2003 :  11:37:56  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually I like giving the Vorpal Sword to Saervok. Since My bard while wielding the Carsomyr +5, I usually give him the Ravenger as well.. since I try to like what other do no, Thus a halberds seem to get the short end of the stick... (pun not intendedI try to favor them instead..... Note to all: BEWARE! Giving the vorpal sword to Saervok of other might result in immediate death should said wielder become charmed/confused/beserked/etc. and attack main Character
Save often!!!

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2003 :  06:37:22  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ezindir: a puzzle to be sure, and I have no idea above what was stated.

Let it slide at extreme luck of the die I guess

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2003 :  08:56:42  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes. Realy annoying realy becouse after i gained 13 hp I have just gained 3 hp again and again

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2003 :  00:29:38  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I liked blackraxor and carsonmyr
But I used celesial fury and many other swords nearly all the time if I wasn't playing a mage( I never played a cleric but monk is a great class I have to say)

Punish me if you will, for my hands are not clean. But deny me not my revenge!"
-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2003 :  09:27:36  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you serius. I never played with a monk. You meet one in BG 2 TOB but he dident look so cool when he fighted. Do munks realy use there legs to fight with there legs?

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2003 :  17:18:06  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
wel the cleric is the best class if you ask me you could almost have done it by your self if you where a cleric...
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2003 :  06:38:36  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The monk is not incredibly strong in SoA, becuase with the 2e ruleset he is a bit of a liability up till level 15.

in ToB though, in any character generated party, he is almost sure to be your strongest character. At level 38/39ish, his resitances and special attacks make him so awesomely powerufl as to be almost too much. We played multiplayer with some of my party and the only character that could even touch my monk, was my maxed out sorcerer and that was only 2 out of 5 tries. He is incredibly tough

According to Dan Simpson and the boys though, the best class to solo play BG II with is the Fighter/Mage/Cleric class. The ability to hit hard, heal yourself and make use of mage defences. It's a potent class if you have the patience to stick it through. If you go and read the logs of Elmonster the Mage (no mispelling there) a single mage can do it too

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2003 :  13:07:55  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I n BG 2 you gain so many mage abilitys that is realy good if you play solo. Like projekt image. What I dont like whit the cleric/mage/ fighter style is that you must use cleric weapon. I think mage/fighter is better. I have a frien who played trugh the hole Bg with a mage/fighter and he was realy good. He had of course tales of the sword coust aso that he dident reach the exp. cap.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

mr.lee
Seeker

Norway
69 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2003 :  16:35:28  Show Profile  Visit mr.lee's Homepage Send mr.lee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yo. can I add that that fighter/mage thing was cheat, and cheating aint no cool. he had ten million xp when he met the Irenicusslayer. I mean to say - thats 2,000,000 more xp than imaginary possible ... or you can imagine it, or just cheat! ... :P

If I'd wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was.
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2003 :  10:21:53  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is not cheating when you not use a experience cap remover! Tales of the sword coast was longer and becouse of this you will need to get more experience.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2004 :  21:27:06  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What on Earth are you sayign, man? Tales of the Sword Coast does not let you gain 10.000.000XP, and the cap remins 8.000.000 in ToB, regardless of wether you have TotSC or not.

quote:
Honorable mention goes to Crom Faeyr, a weapon that is leathal in the hands of everyones favorite fighter/cleric, Anomen Delyrn.

Anomen is a raving lunatic. The first ,and last, time I allowed him to enter my party he decited that he was goign to kill every single member of the Order of the Most Radiant Heart, THEN he attacked my entire party singelhandedly when I refused to help him. Needless to say; he lost.

As for fav. weapon? Err... <CHARNAME>'s Staff of Immortality +25

Hehe. No seriously. Fav. Weapon; STaff of the Magi.
Fav. ITEM; Imoen's Belt ^^

Ec'Thelion, formerly known as Forgotten One, now known as Ec'Thelion the Overpowered.
Currently not all that active. I'm preoccupied with Warcraft III for the moment. Bite me :P
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2004 :  21:47:07  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Forgotten One

What on Earth are you sayign, man? Tales of the Sword Coast does not let you gain 10.000.000XP, and the cap remins 8.000.000 in ToB, regardless of wether you have TotSC or not.

quote:
Honorable mention goes to Crom Faeyr, a weapon that is leathal in the hands of everyones favorite fighter/cleric, Anomen Delyrn.

Anomen is a raving lunatic. The first ,and last, time I allowed him to enter my party he decited that he was goign to kill every single member of the Order of the Most Radiant Heart, THEN he attacked my entire party singelhandedly when I refused to help him. Needless to say; he lost.

As for fav. weapon? Err... <CHARNAME>'s Staff of Immortality +25

Hehe. No seriously. Fav. Weapon; STaff of the Magi.
Fav. ITEM; Imoen's Belt ^^

I would prefer if you called me most honereble elf, okey? And I never said the exp. cap in TotSc was on 10.000.000XP. When mr.Lie said that he had ten millions exp when he met Iranicus slayer he did realy mean that he had very much, and if not he was lieing, becouse my friend, and mr.Lies, did not remove the exp. cap before he was in TOB.

That Anomen task seemed pretty cool to me, why didnt you exept? I mean they are just a bounch of lawful good paladins anyway .

Imoens belt, Why? I would have said Boo.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2004 :  21:53:34  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Imoens belt renders the user immortal agains everything. From Imprisonment, to Finger of Death, to Disintegration, to normal death by damage. (The 'minimum HP'-factor is set to '1'. So bascially you can't have less than 1 HP. Try killign her, while in Irenicus' prison. It's impossible. After all - she has to survive to be able to be in the encounter with Irenicus... and the whole rest of the game.) It also protects you from a varitey of annoying 'Opcodes' (Game effects... everything from gaining XP to takign damage), such as 'unconciousness', Stun, Hold, etc.

Err... "Most Honourable Elf"...

Ec'Thelion, formerly known as Forgotten One, now known as Ec'Thelion the Overpowered.
Currently not all that active. I'm preoccupied with Warcraft III for the moment. Bite me :P
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2004 :  22:01:36  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finaly some respect .
She is imortal? Not TOB to well? It seems that I have talked of somthing I did not now much about .

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2004 :  23:03:28  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shes only immortal the *first* tiem she's in your party. And, as you well know, that only lasts untill you leave Irenicus' prison. When you get her 'back' she no longer has the belt.

*Why* do I know this? 'cuz, after clearing the game 3 - 4 times with different characters, I got kinda bored of it. So I decited to make myself a completely invincible, Mage, of God-of-Gods-ly propotrions. He can, basically, kill anything with the blink of an eye.

And I even figured out how to make him do cool '3D'-effects while casting his spells (In real Irenicus-Style! I can actually make fires erupt on the ground underneath him when he starts casting the spell, and then the target is hit the skreen shakes, and blood and gore flys everywhere! You've got to love it!!!)

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2004 :  15:34:58  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats not so very fun after you have done it some time, no challenge no fun.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Mephostophilis
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2004 :  18:06:36  Show Profile  Visit Mephostophilis's Homepage Send Mephostophilis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm.... Favourite armour would be the Black dragon scales. I like them because I normally play a Swashbuckler variant thief, and the scales are the most powerful of the 'light' armour types. Plus, the scales are ludicrously easy to get hold of.
Its quite simple. You simply have to use the 'Sword Coast Dragon gassing co.' method. Simply cast roughly a dozen or so Cloudkill spells so that their area effects clip the dragon. You never see the dragon, nor it you, so it just sits there slowly taking damage. If you use enough Cloudkill spells, then you will overwhelm the dragon's ability to heal. Then you collect the goodies and move on to the next dragon.
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2004 :  23:29:15  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I used black dragon scales a long time on Viconia simply becouse it makes her totally black, and togheter with the red helmet in the Firkraag cage she lookes really cool.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2004 :  16:06:31  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mephostophilis

Hmm.... Favourite armour would be the Black dragon scales. I like them because I normally play a Swashbuckler variant thief, and the scales are the most powerful of the 'light' armour types. Plus, the scales are ludicrously easy to get hold of.
Its quite simple. You simply have to use the 'Sword Coast Dragon gassing co.' method. Simply cast roughly a dozen or so Cloudkill spells so that their area effects clip the dragon. You never see the dragon, nor it you, so it just sits there slowly taking damage. If you use enough Cloudkill spells, then you will overwhelm the dragon's ability to heal. Then you collect the goodies and move on to the next dragon.

Bah. Dragons are easy, anyway. I killed Firkraag (sp?) with my level 10 - 12 party. Actually it was the first sub-plot I completed. I, incedibly enough, found it to be easyer to kill him than to kill that annyoing party of robbers you find down in the sewers (The northern most part of the sewers. The ask tor 1000g in exchange for your 'safe passage', or soemthing like that. They must have killed my two dozen times... god how I hate Confusion... and Panic...)

quote:
Thats not so very fun after you have done it some time, no challenge no fun.

Yeah, I know.

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2004 :  18:16:09  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yea, I guess you would now , and I agree a little, the dragons are over astimated.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2004 :  19:45:12  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The way I did it was just to send all my melee-dudes in to serve as fodder, while my mages neutralized his resistanse with lower res, and Killed him off with Magic Missile (Incredibly usefull spell. 8 - 10 of those = No more red dragon). At the final point of the fight I even had Aereie serve as the 'dragon fodder' for the last seconds of the fight, considering that she was the only one with her Stoneskin still intact. Regardless: I didn't lose a single character.

Edited by - EcThelion on 18 Jan 2004 19:46:26
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2004 :  22:25:56  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I used the same tacktic, I got my protoganist to attack the dragon while the others maked sure it did not blast me into the wall 4 yards awa or dispell any posibble weapon imunety.

A pretty effecktiv tacktic since my charackter damaged more than a shambling mound, and thats pretty much.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000