Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Old NWN CD-KEYS
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  21:18:58  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm having some difficulties with my computer, and need totally new CD keys for NWN, SoU, and HotU. If there is anyone who doesn't play Neverwinter Nights anymore, and is willing to give me their CD-keys, please contact me at JAM1122@comcast.net

Thank you.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.

SoulLord
Seeker

Mexico
62 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  21:32:54  Show Profile  Visit SoulLord's Homepage Send SoulLord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well cant give you the cd-keys but if you tell me what happened to your computer perhaps i can help you restore your games

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  21:52:41  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, well, you see... The game was accidentally deleted, and I lost the owners manuals that had the CD-Keys in them, and I didn't log them into Bioware, so until I get some, I can't play...

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  22:09:11  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've got the exact same problem. However, Yasraena said I could call Bioware with the CD serial numbers and get the keys. I haven't done it yet, since I'm busy with so many other things as well.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  22:10:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shadowlord, you did throw your cd-keys into a multiplayer account, right? If I'm not mistaken, then NWN servers will check the account's keys, even if you can't access them.

Edited by - Arivia on 28 Apr 2004 00:12:45
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  22:20:19  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aren't the CD-keys unique to each copy, though?

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  22:22:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, they aren't-and this goes far out of the realm of things we should be discussing the library, for both legal and lore reasons...Suffice it to say, contact me to discuss this...

Edited by - Arivia on 27 Apr 2004 22:23:45
Go to Top of Page

SoulLord
Seeker

Mexico
62 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2004 :  00:25:12  Show Profile  Visit SoulLord's Homepage Send SoulLord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perhaps you can find it in your registry that is
if you have not formated your hard drive as well

this from the faq

1.08: I have lost my CD Key. How do I get it back? (Back to Top)

If you have lost your game manual but still have the game installed, you can find your CD Key in a file called nwncdkey.ini in the directory where you installed Neverwinter Nights.

If you entered your key on this site to unlock game owner status AND you marked the option to store your key, you will find it on this page after you log in:

http://nwn.bioware.com/my_account/edit.html

From that page, click on the game you want your key for.

If it only says your key is registered, but does not show the actual key, then you entered it BEFORE we added the option to store it OR you did not check the box to store the key.

In that case, we have NO RECORD of your CD Key.

For replacement media requests (such as new manuals), you need to contact the publisher and follow their policies regarding replacement media:

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2004 :  23:00:42  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, well, it seems that I deleted the game, so there is no record of the CD Keys, and I didn't click the "Save CD Key" box at nwn.bioware.com because I'm a security freak, it seems I'm stuck until I find my manuals. Thanks to Arivia, however, I have temporary NWN and HotU CD Keys. I still lack a temporary SoU Key, however, and if someone could contribute one to me via etheral mail or AIM, I would be most grateful.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000