Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 What is the coolest weapon in Baldurs Gate 2

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ezindir the dark Posted - 17 Nov 2003 : 17:30:56
WHAT IS THE COOLEST WEAPON YOU CAN GET IN BG 2 SHADOW OF AMN. I THINK CELESTIAL OF FURY, FLAIL OF AGES AND BLACKRAZOR ARE FAVORITES. I ALSO WONDERED IF ANYONE EVER HAS MAKED THE HUMAN FLESH ARMOR WHIT THE DRAGON BLOD AND STOFF THAT YOU GET IN THE "SOLVE THE SKINNER MURDER IN BRIDGE DISTRICT" TASK?
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
fye Posted - 25 Apr 2004 : 11:44:17
Hail. i am a fan player of Baldur's Gate 1 + 2, with their expancions. i have played BG 2 about 5 times. it's great! i have also found the coolest weapon i have ever seen. it's a silver 2-handed sword +3,with a special feature: in every success hit, the enemy make a saving throw vs death,but if he fails....THE ENEMY IS 1 LEVEL DOWN,level drain!but, i don't remember the name of the weapon or where i find it.i'm thinking to start the game again.if i found it again, i will let u know.
Farewell!
Karesch Posted - 16 Apr 2004 : 04:26:45
I know this thread is fairly long dead, but I thought I'd offer my two cents. In SoA I'd say the best weapons are
1) Crom Faeyr (I've had crit hits that were in the high 50's regularly with fighter that has 5star in hammer)
2) Holy Avenger +5 (again, in the hands of Keldorn, 50's crits
3) Celestial Fury in hands of Yoshimo
4) Vorpal sword in hands of Minsc
5) Staff of Magi in hands of Aerie
6) Belm +2 scimitar in hands of Jaheria (or "Frostbrand" if you kill Drizzt)

Armor, there's two that rule as far as I'm concerned, Bladesinger chain, and Armor of the Hart I think those two dominate.

In ToB I used a combo of Crom Faeyr and RuneHammer +5 absolutely unstoppable. it's sick. Hindo's Doom +4 pretty slick too. Angurvadal +5 "flametounge" is a sick longsword, Flail of the Age's +5, Holy Avenger +6 is wild, Spectral Brand +5 is nice.

To reply to a couple other things in this thread. I have a friend that's played from start to finish, SoA and ToB using a single character, and gone through each class doing it. NO PARTY AT ALL, just his PC! He claims the Thief is the hardest to do it with. The only thing a thief has is Hide in Shadows and Backstab. and that ain't alot to work with.

Secondly, someone asked what that guy in ToB makes in the town, I forget what town now, sorry, but I know who your talking about, the little merchant up on the hill, he makes "the big metal unit" it's something else, but a pain in the arse, b/c you can never fit through doors when your wearing it.
RaVeN1463 Posted - 29 Mar 2004 : 22:45:26
I thought this scroll was long since dead but no matter. The stronghold for Helm wasnt much of a challenge. Best thing for Clerics would be Flail of Ages and Cyrom Fryer (or somthing like that...The big hammer).

BrokenRulz Posted - 29 Mar 2004 : 20:44:35
Hey everyone, I had 2 questions for you all.

1) Was thinking of making a dual wielding assassin or something and wanted him to use daggers/knives. What are the best knives/daggers in the game?

2) I've played a Kensai, Sorceror, Swashbuckler and a Paladin. Yet I've never tried one of the Cleric classes. Has anyone tried them and liked them? Are the stronghold quests any good? Was thinking of doing an Evil Cleric of Talos, but not sure. What kind of party would be good to take with an evil cleric?
Kaervok Posted - 27 Mar 2004 : 12:34:27
thankyou!
EcThelion Posted - 21 Mar 2004 : 22:18:44
I've got talent, my good man :P

No, seriously, I just downloaded some 'editors' from www.teamBG.net (wonder what BG stands for...) I took a while to figure out how, but I managed to do it in the ennd. Check out their site.
Kaervok Posted - 15 Mar 2004 : 20:56:39
quote:
Originally posted by EcThelion

And I even figured out how to make him do cool '3D'-effects while casting his spells (In real Irenicus-Style! I can actually make fires erupt on the ground underneath him when he starts casting the spell, and then the target is hit the skreen shakes, and blood and gore flys everywhere! You've got to love it!!!)

Ehhh, how did you figure out how to do that?
I always thought it was unfair how there was no casting cost for Irenicus and how he turned even healing spell VFX into like bomb spells and blow ups. lol
How do you do it?
Narad Bladesinger Posted - 15 Mar 2004 : 18:32:27
Ah, you know what I mean!
Ezindir the dark Posted - 15 Mar 2004 : 17:01:28
Well, you can get Hindus doom in BG 2 you know. If you have ToB installed.
Narad Bladesinger Posted - 15 Mar 2004 : 14:04:44
I know, I have that on my kensai.
I just thought that we were talking about BG2 not ToB
Ezindir the dark Posted - 12 Mar 2004 : 14:55:00
Sorry Narad, Hindos doom is the better.
Narad Bladesinger Posted - 12 Mar 2004 : 14:26:29
Celestial fury, definetly.
It is the only good katana on BG2 and therefor one of the best weapons. Equip that on a kensai...
EcThelion Posted - 11 Feb 2004 : 13:14:16
So the Cooles weapon(s) are:
The Staff of the Magi
The Flail of Ages
Carsonmyr

And the Celestial Fury is really ownage, too. Blackrose, or razor, or whatever, isn't worth it :P

Long Swords suck, anyway.
Zaknafein Posted - 11 Feb 2004 : 03:45:36
man..i played through the whole game doing everything and its gotta be the Holy Avenger+5 equip that to Keldorn and him and Minsc on the frontline will do some definate "butt kicking for goodness"
EcThelion Posted - 10 Feb 2004 : 10:11:45
Yeah, I've already proclaimed that.

(Shadowlord; I laugh at your puny, insignificany and, apparently, unexisting, sorcerer)
Kaervok Posted - 10 Feb 2004 : 02:04:16
ONE STAFF TO RULE THEM ALL.
STAFF OF THE (GLORIOUS) MAGI!
SO MUCH PROTECTION!!!
It looks cool and you can turn invisible whenever you want. PROTect from evil, cast cool spells with it and also get some free ac!!
THis is what all mages need, wait, no, then I wouldn't be the best anymore!!
EcThelion Posted - 28 Jan 2004 : 16:22:51
Wohaha! It's been several days now and your cowarly Sorcerar has yet to show his filthy hide! You are both afraid!

WOhahahahahaha!!!
Shadowlord Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 21:51:39
Indeed....
EcThelion Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 21:40:24
You do that, and we shall see.
Shadowlord Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 21:38:21
I've already seen them, and I believe my sorcerer can top your mage........
I'll need to post his stats......
EcThelion Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 20:53:53
My character is quite able-bodied in Close-quarters as well. Check out his stats... err... can't remember wich tpic... oh u'll find it eventually ^^
Shadowlord Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 20:12:00
Personally, I would just let my magic do the work, but as for weapons, I equipped the Staff of the Magi.
Ezindir the dark Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 19:30:38
Forgotten one: I did not lean on my knives since I was a young mage totally able to stand on my own legs.
And you having 13,4 post each days says pretty much about kristiansand dosetn it?
EcThelion Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 17:57:18
How did you lean on your knives?

quote:
WOW; forgotten one! 13,4 posts per day!!!? You do drugs or summat?

2 reasons: One
I don't wanna be forgotten. (hehe)
Two:
I've never had anyone to talk about (A)D&D with before. I've got alot on my mind!
Ezindir the dark Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 17:13:49
But Gandalf uses a sword , and yes, No offesnse alaundo, using staffes to fight with is not good and unoriginal. But most wizards just use staffes to lean on not too fight with, this is becouse they use somthing that is called magic, got it?
mr.lee Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 17:09:53
WOW; forgotten one! 13,4 posts per day!!!? You do drugs or summat? As I always have said, Ezindir: dual-wielding causes BAD THAC0 and you can't really say that two knives (or is knife called knifes in plural form? Hmmm, does anyone know? A good example on the problem: DWARF - dwarfs; not dwarves but in ELF - elves; not elfs it is the other way round) look better than a staff on a wizard. All wizards uses staffs(or is it staves?), so it is written in the original fantasy tale: Lord of the Rings.
Ezindir the dark Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 16:51:12
It kicks ass, you cant mean you havent felt the blowing winds of 50 goblins falling to the groun at the same time?
EcThelion Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 16:39:12
I've actually NEVER used that sepll... don't trust "Save Vs."-spells. I'm more into DIRECT-DAMAGE ones.
Ezindir the dark Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 16:36:15
Okey, with hobgolins I just wave my hand(Death spell) and they all fall to the ground, death of course.
EcThelion Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 16:30:21
But who would be silly enough to waste comets on Hobgoblins?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000