Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Books in the Forgotten Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

irondogs
Acolyte

6 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2017 :  18:31:14  Show Profile Send irondogs a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met! I'm new here and I've been searching the internet trying to find information about famous books that exist in the Forgotten Realms. Not novels or books written in real life about the Forgotten Realms. This distinction has made finding information difficult. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Cyrinishad
Learned Scribe

300 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2017 :  18:46:00  Show Profile Send Cyrinishad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Keep... Obviously, the most important book to read in the Realms is the Cyrinishad. Afterwards, you'll realize none of the other books matter, since they're nothing but lies after you've read the truth!

To know, is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge. -Socrates

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. -Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2017 :  18:57:28  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Somebody around here is keeping a list, but I forgot who.

EDIT:
I think it was Steven Schend - I found this thread, but unfortunately the link to the list is dead.

EDIT2:
But further down there was a link to a more-recently updated list. Hope that helps.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 22 Aug 2017 19:02:14
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2017 :  19:05:12  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is the Black Bouquet (which is a real life Realms book, but it shares its title with the book featured in the novel). At first, it seems to merely detail ingredients for perfumes, but it is far more than that...

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2017 :  23:51:33  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is the category of in universe books in the FR Wiki. Hope it helps.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Books_(in-universe)

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 22 Aug 2017 23:52:42
Go to Top of Page

irondogs
Acolyte

6 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2017 :  14:19:38  Show Profile Send irondogs a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the help! I'll check all of these out. I'm working on an adventure, a twisted version of Heart of Darkness and the final villain, needs some Forgotten Realms philosophy books on this bookshelf, much like Kurtz in Apocalypse Now.

Edited by - irondogs on 23 Aug 2017 14:25:59
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2017 :  14:21:02  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aren't all of the Volo's guides considered in-universe publications as well as supplements?

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Cyrinishad
Learned Scribe

300 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2017 :  15:48:02  Show Profile Send Cyrinishad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by irondogs

Thanks for the help! I'll check all of these out. I'm working on an adventure, a twisted version of Heart of Darkness and the final villain, needs some Forgotten Realms philosophy books on this bookshelf, much like Kurtz in Apocalypse Now.

Very cool.

I hope the adventure smells like Victory...

To know, is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge. -Socrates

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. -Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2017 :  16:34:29  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love the smell of Catoblepas farts in the morning.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Moviesign
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2017 :  02:12:10  Show Profile Send Moviesign a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is the link that Zero meant to post, it just needed urlencoding: Category:Books_(in-universe)

Admin of the Forgotten Realms Wiki and Candlekeep Wiki
"No matter where you go...there you are." —Buckaroo Banzai
Go to Top of Page

BadCatMan
Senior Scribe

Australia
401 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2017 :  02:57:24  Show Profile Send BadCatMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Faiths & Pantheons, page 162, gives a good list of book titles with a military theme. "The Leaves of Learning" web enhancement for F&P also gives a long list of book titles.

BadCatMan, B.Sc. (Hons), M.Sc.
Scientific technical editor
Head DM of the Realms of Adventure play-by-post community
Administrator of the Forgotten Realms Wiki
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2017 :  13:29:22  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I love the smell of Catoblepas farts in the morning.

I dunno, anything that can make a swamp smell worse.... and the way that it kind of adheres to your skin, blech.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

irondogs
Acolyte

6 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2017 :  14:23:32  Show Profile Send irondogs a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Moviesign! I usually do a lot of my research on the Forgotten Realms Wiki
Go to Top of Page

Harvengure
Acolyte

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2017 :  06:51:28  Show Profile Send Harvengure a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since that one link is dead
https://web.archive.org/web/20090604094848/http://www.wizards.com/forgottenrealms/FR_20001129b_P.asp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000