Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Names of 6 of the 9 lost Gods of Omuarians
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2017 :  01:01:29  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Shagambi (associated with Kamadans)
Kubazan (associated with Froghemoths)
Moa
Unkh
I'jin
Wongo

Also Ubtao is not back, as such he is not popular, although people still revered dinosaurs as, sacred Ubtao's childern, but and most people have taken up none Chultan Faerunian deities like Waunkeen, Sune, Savras, Gond, and Tymora.

The Ring of Winter is sentient.

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2017 :  01:02:07  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?579455-Here-s-A-Sneak-Peek-At-Tomb-Of-Annihilation-On-Fantasy-Grounds

This is my source.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2017 :  01:42:16  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I get Ubtao becoming less popular, but was he ever gone? I thought he was just revealed to be a primordial?

To me, it seems that they meant to say that he has lost ground to the mainstream Faerunian deities, not that he is dead.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.

Edited by - Irennan on 01 Sep 2017 01:45:32
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11701 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2017 :  02:03:13  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gyor

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?579455-Here-s-A-Sneak-Peek-At-Tomb-Of-Annihilation-On-Fantasy-Grounds

This is my source.

Is there some way to see this bigger? I'd like to read the part about Ubtao.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2017 :  21:19:28  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It looks like there is a sourcebook that goes with it, too. I don't usually buy adventure modules because I don't game, but if the sourcebooks contains lore, I might.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2443 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2017 :  23:34:00  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:

This is my source.

Is there some way to see this bigger? I'd like to read the part about Ubtao.

The attachments are really big, but there is nothing new about Ubtao. Only that he grew angry with the people of Omu, and abandoned them, and because of that they turned to the Trickster Gods. And that he somewhat lost popularity and now other gods are revered in Chult...

http://www.enworld.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=88095&d=1504203144

http://www.enworld.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=88093&d=1504203132

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 01 Sep 2017 23:51:16
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2017 :  03:32:12  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you are on a PC, you can view any webpage bigger by hitting 'ctrl' & '+' (and '-' makes it smaller).

However, I just tried that (it got smaller LOL), and for that type of webpage (embedded pic), you have to go an extra step - You have to right click, and hit "open image in new tab", and then the 'ctrl' & '+' will work (it works beautifully - I can read the whole thing easily now). And that's because, technically, the image isn't 'on' the page, just linked to it.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11701 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2017 :  11:51:56  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, is there any canon lore existing on these Omuan people who had these trickster gods?

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2443 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2017 :  13:24:08  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nope, Omu is something totally new for 5e, according to this video.

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 02 Sep 2017 13:28:59
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2017 :  21:04:26  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to the adventure those nine aren't actually deities. They're just some spirits who tricked the mortals into worshipping them in Ubtao's stead. They weren't even powerful enough to grant enough "miracles" to all their followers, so they distracted them to avoid having them notice.
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2443 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2017 :  22:32:39  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, they are primal spirits. That's a kind of supernatural beings tied to the life force of the natural world introduced in 4th-edition. Like animist spirits, but self-aware, unlike the animist force introduced in 3e.

Kinda cool they didn't forget the concept, though.

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 22 Sep 2017 22:34:18
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2017 :  13:07:01  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ubtoa himself offers Warlock packs instead of divine cleric magic now, Great Old Ones pact.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11701 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2017 :  20:52:26  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ubtoa himself offers Warlock packs instead of divine cleric magic now, Great Old Ones pact.

interesting, that from the actual adventure? Mine won't be arriving from amazon for about a week looks like.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2443 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2017 :  21:17:30  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nope, Ubtao is always mentioned as a god and in past tense in the adventure. He just left, disappeared entirely (and he wasn't active even in 4e). I wonder if he just returned to Abeir (no pun intended).

EDIT:
All the trickster gods are in the handouts they post for download in the official website:
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/TOA_Handouts.pdf

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 23 Sep 2017 22:50:19
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11701 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2017 :  23:51:46  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

Nope, Ubtao is always mentioned as a god and in past tense in the adventure. He just left, disappeared entirely (and he wasn't active even in 4e). I wonder if he just returned to Abeir (no pun intended).

EDIT:
All the trickster gods are in the handouts they post for download in the official website:
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/TOA_Handouts.pdf

I'm assuming he is back or returning. I am also assuming that Ubtao is Qotal, and the reason he left was he went with Maztica to Abeir.

Ah, and looking at that website...

Shagambi may be a displacer beast... but also looks like a kamadan

NangNang - probably a firenewt but could be a bullywug

Kubazan - probably froghemoth

Moa - some kind of snake, maybe a naga

Unkh - flail snail obviously

Wongo - some kind of monkey

Papazotol - a crane

I'jin - a rabbit, maybe an al-miraj

Obo'Laka - not sure here... clawed, looks kinda bearish... could be a sloth even... could be a big koala for all I know.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 24 Sep 2017 00:01:46
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2443 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2017 :  00:07:28  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to the adventure:

I'jin is an almiraj
Kubazan is a froghemoth
Moa is a jaculi
Nangnang is a grung
Obo'laka is a zorbo
Papazotl is an eblis
Shagambi is a kamadan
Unkh is a flail snail
Wongo is a su-monster

Some of those animals are in Volo's Guide to Monsters, and some are new introductions in the adventure.

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 24 Sep 2017 00:08:41
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11701 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2017 :  13:52:02  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

According to the adventure:

I'jin is an almiraj
Kubazan is a froghemoth
Moa is a jaculi
Nangnang is a grung
Obo'laka is a zorbo
Papazotl is an eblis
Shagambi is a kamadan
Unkh is a flail snail
Wongo is a su-monster

Some of those animals are in Volo's Guide to Monsters, and some are new introductions in the adventure.

Grung... should have predicted that... the newest frog folk.
Eblis???? guessing new
Su-monster - never would have guessed it
jaculi - ahhhh, they're making reference to Kaa from jungle book

zorbo - wow, now I don't think I've ever actually seen these used in anything even though they were in 1st edition.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000