Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Has anyone planned to do an update of Waterdeep???
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mankyle
Acolyte

Spain
42 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2017 :  20:16:08  Show Profile Send Mankyle a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have been looking around and i Have found this
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21050

Does anyone plan to do DMSGUILD updated Waterdeep supplement??

I'm recovering as much info as I can for my own use, for the moment I have something like 15 pages all compiled, plus another 8 or so about the waterhadvian nobles families with their coat of arms, ethnicities, possesions, NPCs, etc...

Would anyone be interested in collaborating in such a project???

Thanks in advance

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2017 :  10:54:17  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hm, did you get all the info from City of Splendor (3e) and the Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide (4e)?
Go to Top of Page

Sylrae
Learned Scribe

Canada
313 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2017 :  09:53:58  Show Profile Send Sylrae a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not looking to take up such a project, but if it provides a valuable expansion to my 3e Waterdeep book and my 2e Waterdeep boxed set and Waterdeep and the North and Skullport (Or gives me a convenient single unified source saving me the trouble of referencing several products, and spells out what changes in different eras)I would be interested in buying it.

Sylrae's Forgotten Realms Fan-Lore Index, with public commenting access to make for easier improvement (WIP)
Go to Top of Page

Mankyle
Acolyte

Spain
42 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2017 :  12:27:57  Show Profile Send Mankyle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm right now organizing all info I could find and I have found a couple inconsistencies regarding Anghairon's Dragon ward

- in SKT a Sage in the North ward has a silver dragon wyrmling as a pet. This could conflict with Anghairon's dragon ward. Theoretically Anghairon's Dragon Staff remains in possession of the Mray family what could explain this but the explanation seems a little weak.

- Do dragonborn get affected by Anghairon's dragon ward??? My opinion is that they would be affected, thus preventing them from accessing all wards except some areas in the dock ward as the ward has a AoE of a cilinder centered in Anghairon's tower that leaves some parts of the dock ward outside of its influence

I will be asking for advise and counsel in this thread
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2017 :  12:55:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Individual dragons can be exempted from the ward's effects by contact with the dragonstaff of Ahghairon.

Also, the ward does not cover all of Waterdeep; part of the Dock Ward is literally below the ward.

The ward affects creatures with the "dragon" type. I don't know if dragonborn have this type or not; I'm not a fan of the race and pay little attention to them.

This is all from page 20 of City of Splendors: Waterdeep.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 19 Jan 2017 13:12:05
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1266 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2017 :  17:48:28  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How did the green dragon come into the city in Elfsong if there's a dragon ward? Or did the ward get set up later?
Go to Top of Page

Mankyle
Acolyte

Spain
42 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2017 :  19:20:49  Show Profile Send Mankyle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seravin

How did the green dragon come into the city in Elfsong if there's a dragon ward? Or did the ward get set up later?

Nope. It was before. It says in the 3E supplement Waterdeep: City of Splendors that Grimnoshtadrano the green dragin could enter in waterdeep because he had an agreement with Maaril the dragon mage and this touched the dragon with Anghairon's Dragonstaff, thus allowing him to enter inside the ward unhindered.

I keep working on this but I'm progressing very slowly. I'll keep you posted
Go to Top of Page

Harvengure
Acolyte

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2017 :  06:21:15  Show Profile Send Harvengure a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am actually working on a rather expansive PDF resource for 5e Waterdeep. Of course and unfortunately there is a lack of specifics to many things. For example the state of the noble house of which there are apparently roughly 75 as of SCAG.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000