Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 GEN-CON Report 2007
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2007 :  23:53:57  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hey everybody. This report comes to you due to the generosity of Jeff Thetford and the computer assistance of Brian Cortijo (Garen Thal) with the supervision of Eytan Bernstein. Basically, they are all here as I post this.

Firstly, this was my first GEN-CON (but not my last) and was an absolute blast. Getting to meet Ed, Steven, Eric, the guys mentioned above and a host of others, was a dream come true.

On my first day I caught up with Steven, Eric, Jeff and Eytan for breakfast. At the CON shortly after I got to meet Ed and Brian almos immediately. Ed being the great guy he is had presents for me: photocopies of his original material including maps - can anyone say "Haunted Halls"? Things to be treasured.

Given that you guys are interested in matters Realmsish I won't regale you with further information save about the two FR seminars that were held.

The first of these was "Spin a Yarn" which was what I would describe as an "interesting experience". I'll be truthful and say that as a series of more and more ribald and inane suggestions flowed from the gathering I found it to be something of what I can best describe as a loss of opportunity. It goes without saying that the "Spin a Yarn" tales are a lot of fun and Ed does "fun" better than most, but I kept thinking that here we had a situation where we can get Ed to write a story on a topic of our choosing, and the topic of our choosing is "codpieces of doom", "flatulent dragons" and "halfling plumbers". I was thinking that we could get another story on Larloch, Hesperdan, the Lost Crown of Nuvorene - things of substance - and we were letting it go begging. I'm sure that there are many fans who do enjoy this format and what comes out of it but I was more than a little disappointed.

The "Secrets of the Realms" seminar was very interesting given the announcement of 4E. Firstly, in relation to upcoming products, the following was said:

GRAND HISTORY
- The timeline provided would stretch beyond the "current date";
- There will be new dates provided ove and above what was in the PDF GHotR;
- The prose "vignettes" that feature will be 'point-of-view' excerpts that put the reader 'in' that historical timeline event that is being showcased or give them a look at that event from the POV of an observer;

ANAUROCH
- Not much said but the plot has its origins in a "ruined city now reclaimed and a great magical treasure that the 'bad guys' shouldn't get".

SWORDS of DRAGONFIRE
- Ed describes it as his 'best balanced' novel that he's written for WotC;
- The KoMD won't actually get to Shadowdale by the end of the trilogy but this book and the next ("The Sword Never Sleeps") are a fantastic aid to any Cormyr campaign. Several of the movers and shakers of the Zhentarim are featured and Hesperdan play a role also;

ANNOTATED ELMINSTER
- Many extra bits with long essays nd also some of Ed's own personal artwork;

FRCS (4E)
- Will be available at GEN-CON 2008 and we will be seeing some "pretty significant changes";

Also mentioned were two further unnamed FR 4E products highlighting races and classes in the Realms and a major 4E adventure respectively.

SWORDMAGE
- A HD novel by Rich Baker which is the first of a trilogy in the 4E Realms. It's set in Hulburg in the Moonsea and has a smaller focus and isn't associated with any RSE;

READER'S GUIDE TO RA SALVATORE'S LEGENDS OF DRIZZT
- Coffee table book (like a Marvel encyclopedia) with descriptions the world, characters and art.

After the products the floor was open to questions and answers. These were as follows:

Q. Will there be a map or gazette?
A. Further map products will be associated with the 4E FRCS. The focus will be on Faerun. The rest of the Realms can be explored in the DI. The are also considering an official FR Wikipedia. Chris Perkins of WotC said that he would love a globe of Toril (which was met with cheers from the fans) but that this was unlikely.

Q. Is there anything happening to Mystra or the Weave?
A. The 2E to 3E change was one done on a retconning basis (i.e. "it was always like that") - they've decided that the 3E to 4E change wll be more in line with th 1E to 2E change. An in-game story/explanation will showcase the rule changes. As to what this explanation will be, it will be a catastrophe called the "Spellplague". It was noted that 'Expedition to Undermountain' and what happened to Halaster was a foreshadowing of this event - Halaster was trying to do something about it, but failed - badly. It was also noted that something akin to this "catastrophe" had happened before and had been mentioned in the 1E FR boxed set.

Q. Real time ad Reams time. Will the progression be faster, slower or the same?
A. Going forward, the current tme progression will still remain true. The Spellplagu will occur in the Year of Blue Fire (1385 DR).

Q. Will there be a poster map in 4E?
A. Yes there will be a poster in the 4E FRCS and in future adventures. The DI will have tactical maps, town maps etc.

Q. Will we get the real map of the Yawning Portal?
A. Chris Perkins was going to look into it - likely would be avalable on the DI.

Q. Will WotC publish regional/general books or adventures?
A. The adventure focus lately in the schedule was because of 4E. There is no regional or theme book on the 2008 schedule because of 4E. The 4E FRCS will handle the need for regional/theme books in 2008. In the transition, the DDI is happy to support articles along those lines (and they invite suggestions and submissions). Every two weeks there will be a column on the DI called "Realmslore" which will be game mechanics free till the release of 4E (i.e. 'pure' realmslore) and will initially feature various small, geographic locations throughout the Realms. Suggestions re locations are sought also.

Q. Will there be more Volo's Guides?
A. Not likely to see printed products of this nature. Volo's style articles could be done for the DI and Ed was keen to do so.

Q. Will there be 4E changes or races that will be class specific?
A. WotC's view is that the Realms benefits where the core mechanics and the FR mechanics are consistent with each othe and not divergent For example, subraces in the Realms will be a cultural difference rather than a game mechanics difference. There might be FR specific racial feats.

Q. Will there still be a regional focus for PCs in FR?
A. The regions will not be constraining as they were in 3E and will again be background, story flavour, not game mechanics.

Q. Will the 4E game mechanics gel with the novel characters?
A. The 4E ranger will have two weapon fighting because they know who the most popular ranger is in the Realms! The adical novel exploits of some characters will be dealt with in terms of character classes being able to do something like a "heroic exploit".

Q. How will long-running campaigns be suited to the 3E to 4E changeover? Will those campaigns be able to continue with just the new game mechanics?
A. People will be best suited to ending their campaign and starting anew.

Q. Things like spellwebs, mythals, mantles and High Magic in 3E are not true the lore. Will 4E be better?
A. Yes and no. Some tools will help and one of them will relate to "unique magics" - in circumstances where one off magics are needed. They don't want to ramp up abilties for wizards to the detriment of the other classes.

Q. Will the Spellplague affect the ability for campaigns to be set earlier in the timeline?
A. You have the option to introduce the effects of the Spellplague earlier.

Q. Will some of the 'staple NPCs' of the Realms be replaced in the 4E transition?
A. Yes, because the Realms is a living world. There will be a changing of the guard but Drizzt and Elminster will still be around.

Q. The Spellplague or the ToT - which is the worse RSE?
A. The Spellplague can be seen as related to the ToT and something of a ripple effect. Not worse or better, just different - but Waterdeep won't be sinking anytime soon. However, some places will get "played with".

Q. Will he next bunch of novels be set in the 4E Realms?
A. Depends on the writer. Swordmage will be. Other novels, like Ed's latest trilogy, will be set in the past. Eventually further novels will be taking place on the edge of the 4E timeline.

Q. Indexes in sourcebooks?
A. Tension between content and index. Indexes can go in and they can now put the content out with the DI.

Q. Will there be an effort to have rules and game mechanics that are grounded in realmslore?
A. WotC's question in response is if something is so great that it needs rules of its own, why isn't that in the core products? They dislike having differentiation between FR and the core as this inhibits crossover gaming. Keep in mind that the Realms is a campaign setting and not a ruleset in its own right. Is something like a mythal a game mechanic or a story element?

Q. Will there be adventures in 4E?
A. Yes. They've realised that not all DMs have the time to do their own.

Q. Lore v crunch - what will be the balance?
A. Ratio is going to change. Focus in 3E has been on mechanical elements. Now they want to write and present story elements, new flavour and adventure/realmslore hooks.

Q. Will there be a novel series to explain the Spellplague?
A. Not really. The Spellplague is a realms-wide event and story elements in relation t it will be featured in many products and the DI.

Q. Will there be changes in how magic items are dealt with in 4E?
A. The 3E system will be abandoned in 4E. The new system is more intuitive and less mathematical.

Other matters discussed were as follows:

- There will be FR adventure support in the DI both now and when 4E arrives.

- A suggestion re a short story anthology regarding the effects of the Spellplague was thought to be a good idea.

- As to Ed's Teziir "Cities of the Realms" articl - they are currently in "talks" e featuring this in the DI.

- A focus on the less-visited parts of the Realms will be addressed by the DI. The 4E FRCS will have new material and there will be a focus on the "forgotten" in Forgotten Realms.

Well, that was it for the FR events. The seminar was somewhat shellshocked by the 4E announcement and seemed to focus on the transition changes but there was much information provided.

I recommend to anyone who can go to one of these that they should do so. It was a blast.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  00:06:03  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's sound all good to my ears, thanks George !

Note to self : MUST go to GenCon 2008

Edit : Ah, that's why Ed never answered my lore request on Aesperus.

Edited by - Skeptic on 20 Aug 2007 00:17:40
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  00:27:34  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I'd feel overwhelmed if I went to a Gen Con, but there are certain people I'd like to meet, so...maybe someday.

As for the rest of the information, thanks for sharing it with us, George. I can't say I'm happy with a lot of these new changes (Realmslore, not rules), but that's OK. I don't have to put it in my Realms if I don't want to.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  01:16:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I actually find this somewhat reassuring, to be truthful. Thanks, Krash, for the info.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  01:18:40  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Ok, whose the first to come with the 1E FR boxed set ref. ?
Go to Top of Page

Pasta Fzoul
Seeker

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  04:36:44  Show Profile Send Pasta Fzoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

- Coffee table book (like a Marvel encyclopedia) with descriptions the world, characters and art.

Might this be the first sign of the kind of "descriptive art book" many of us have been suggesting for a while? Hmm...

quote:
A. Ratio is going to change. Focus in 3E has been on mechanical elements. Now they want to write and present story elements, new flavour and adventure/realmslore hooks.

Ok, I'm sold on it
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  04:41:34  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pasta Fzoul

quote:

Might this be the first sign of the kind of "descriptive art book" many of us have been suggesting for a while? Hmm...

quote:

Ok, I'm sold on it

Sitting here in our hotel room after GEN-CON we've agreed that your Candlekeep moniker is brilliant!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Pasta Fzoul
Seeker

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  05:00:21  Show Profile Send Pasta Fzoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Sitting here in our hotel room after GEN-CON we've agreed that your Candlekeep moniker is brilliant!

-- George Krashos

Thanks, I find that humor helps to counter the stifling effect of too much serious thought
Go to Top of Page

Drunken Master
Acolyte

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  05:55:53  Show Profile  Visit Drunken Master's Homepage Send Drunken Master a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Regarding Spin a Yarn - I was there for that as well, and I believe Ed will put in any cool Realms guys like Manshoon, Larloch, Elminster, etc. as he sees fit for the story. All the goofy suggestions are just challenges for him to add to the story he'll tell. (At least, I assume that's how it'll work...)

Erik Nowak
Graphic Designer, Blackdirge Publishing
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  06:07:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pasta Fzoul

quote:

-- George Krashos

Thanks, I find that humor helps to counter the stifling effect of too much serious thought

I've loved that name since I first saw it. I wish I'd've thought of it!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Na-Gang
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  07:47:54  Show Profile  Visit Na-Gang's Homepage Send Na-Gang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for this George! I find myself looking forward to this now, rather than being intensely trepidatious. Whee!
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  08:29:55  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why oh why do I have to live on the wrong CONTINENT? The thought that I'll never be able to shake hands with The Man, The Legend...(I'm speaking about Ed, obviously)

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  08:35:22  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for this George Krashos it is much appreciated.

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1

Edited by - Victor_ograygor on 20 Aug 2007 08:36:19
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  09:52:13  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Thanks for bringing this collection of news to us, George. It's much appreciated by us all I'm in a spin!

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

maransreth
Learned Scribe

Australia
157 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  11:32:14  Show Profile Send maransreth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

Ok, whose the first to come with the 1E FR boxed set ref. ?

I think I may have this -

on page 36 of the DM's Sourcebook of the Realms we see the start of the Recent News and Rumours of the Realms. In Ches, the 4th bullet point is about the Mad Witch of the Thunder Peaks, Marchayn of Archendale, who is found mindless and drooling and repeatedly saying "Dove! Dove! Smashed the black star .... Dove!"

The only thing is that the bullet point is marked with an *, which is meant to designate that the item will NEVER have a follow up in published Realms material. But some of the other items have had follow ups, or allusions to them in other supplements.

Thoughts?
Go to Top of Page

ShadowJack
Senior Scribe

USA
350 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  17:52:13  Show Profile  Visit ShadowJack's Homepage Send ShadowJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
George,

Thanks for the updates! Most of this sounds exciting. More Realmslore! However, I am not happy about all my 3.5 sourcebooks being useless now... Good thing my campaign never got off to a great start. At least they are going to explain this change, but, with another RSE...

ShadowJack
Go to Top of Page

turox
Learned Scribe

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  18:00:39  Show Profile  Visit turox's Homepage Send turox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
George,

Thanks for the info I'm sure there will be lots and lots of rumors in the next few months about what is going on. I have a question if someone wouldn't mind answering for me. What does DI stand for? In the world of shortening everything I have too many ideas in my head as to what it could mean and would like to know what ir really means.

Thanks again

Turox Antas Dragonslayer -
"People will believe anything they want to believe, or fear to believe."
Wizard's First Rule: Chapter 36, Page #397, US Hard Cover (revealed by Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander).
Explanation by Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander: "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  18:11:52  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DI = Digital Interactive (I believe)

Oh one question, there appears to be some confusion over at the Boards that should not be mentioned.

Core class, is it Warlock or Warlord?

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  19:19:13  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

That's sound all good to my ears, thanks George !

Note to self : MUST go to GenCon 2008
I must as well. Skeptic: we should get a monthly reminder going, so people can start looking into flights as we get closer to the event, and so people can all decide on their favorite/most appropriate breakfast locations!

PS: we could all meet for breakfast and exchange contact info! "A Meeting of the Scribes," shall we call it?

Edited by - Purple Dragon Knight on 20 Aug 2007 19:20:37
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  21:53:52  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
George and the gang - thanks for the information. There's quite a bit there to digest, I don't know how much of that I like the sound of on first read, but I'm certainly intrigued. I do come away with the initial impression that people have been thinking carefully about what they're doing here though, which reassures me, as does the fact we've been given some useful answers.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  22:09:03  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

DI = Digital Interactive (I believe)

Oh one question, there appears to be some confusion over at the Boards that should not be mentioned.

Core class, is it Warlock or Warlord?

Or is it Digital Initiative? I am not completely sure, though...

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  22:14:16  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Asgetrion peeks warily into the library, satisfied that Alaundo seems to have left...

A *GREAT* report, George! I am glad that you posted this, since it seems that even us 3.X Edition fanatics (who will probably never transfer to the 4th Edition) will have upcoming Realmslore to look for. I am glad that they've realised that it is time to shift the focus on more fluffy bits...

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  23:19:48  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm convinced, I will be going to GenCon next year. =)

Session Reports posted at RPG Geek.
Stem the Tide Takes place in Mistledale.
Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.
Go to Top of Page

JEThetford
Acolyte

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2007 :  03:13:28  Show Profile  Visit JEThetford's Homepage Send JEThetford a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As one of the self proclaimed "Edophiles" and fellow GenCon corruptor of the young and impressionable, I must say that this Con was the one to be a part of. Lots of things happening and lots of people it was happening to.

---JET

The only good Drow, is a dead Drow.

Aaomas Balkrim, Drow Hunter
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2007 :  04:06:00  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks George, this is great. I am now even more excited about GHotR and Annotated Elminster, and I am far less worried about the 4E Realms. More lore, more sourcebooks, indexes in the sourcebooks, support for the "forgotten" Forgotten Realms on the DI... it all sounds excellent. Heck, even the Reader's Guide to Drizzt and Co. sounds intriguing, particularly if it is an indicator of more to come (Reader's Guide to the Forgotten Realms).

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2007 :  05:34:59  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is dedication folks. Hopefully, we can make sure that someone does the same for him when in the years he can't make it to the Con.

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein
Go to Top of Page

Sanishiver
Senior Scribe

USA
476 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2007 :  05:49:33  Show Profile  Visit Sanishiver's Homepage Send Sanishiver a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whether that Grey Books reference that was found is correct or not, one thing Ed told me on the side was that, "..it's a very esoteric reference."

The probably doesn't help much, but that's what I was told all the same.

BTW it was nice to have finally seen Brian and George (and others) in person...George is every bit as cute as I thought he would be. ;)

09/20/2008: Tiger Army at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz. You wouldn’t believe how many females rode it out in the pit. Santa Cruz women are all of them beautiful. Now I know to add tough to that description.
6/27/2008: WALL-E is about the best damn movie Pixar has ever made. It had my heart racing and had me rooting for the good guy.
9/9/2006: Dave Mathews Band was off the hook at the Shoreline Amphitheater.

Never, ever read the game books too literally, or make such assumptions that what is omitted cannot be. Bad DM form, that.

And no matter how compelling a picture string theory paints, if it does not accurately describe our universe, it will be no more relevant than an elaborate game of Dungeons and Dragons. --paragraph 1, chapter 9, The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene

Edited by - Sanishiver on 21 Aug 2007 07:29:56
Go to Top of Page

Athenon
Acolyte

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2007 :  21:33:55  Show Profile  Visit Athenon's Homepage Send Athenon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This year's Gen con was great. I've been going for the last 6 years without fail and the "Secrets of the Realms" Seminar is always a highlight. I wonder if we could convince Ed, Eric and Co to participate in a Candlekeep party somewhere next year. We'd certainly have a lot to celebrate with the release of the fluff-empahsizing 4th Edition book!

Will Maranto

Representing the Realms in the Wilds of Northern Louisiana
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2007 :  19:20:15  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sanishiver

BTW it was nice to have finally seen Brian and George (and others) in person...George is every bit as cute as I thought he would be. ;)

Yes, a face only a gamer could love ...

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2007 :  19:38:17  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hehehehe. I never thought it was "Myth Dran "ER"" in pronounciation. I always thought it was "Dran"OR"".

I also didn't know the F was silent in Fzoul Chembryl. Its really "ZOUL", like from ghostbusters
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2007 :  21:05:38  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the good lore, George!

Really, now I'm hooked by the changes. And I have the feeling that the great ones (more lore, more "forgotten" content, maps and indexes) are coming because us, fans of the setting, are here asking for this!

It's very good!

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page