Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Looking for adventures
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PaulBestwick
Seeker

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2006 :  14:50:41  Show Profile Send PaulBestwick a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I am looking for recomendations of adventures set in or suitable for running in the Silver Marches area. The level should be 3rd and up, as there will be at least 4 and possibley 6 characters. The party will be mainly dwarvern, so links with dwarves or against Orcs etc would be good.

Thanks in advance

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2006 :  15:12:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are plenty of really good adventure hooks in the various volumes of the Candlekeep Compendium...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Halidan
Senior Scribe

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2006 :  15:22:27  Show Profile  Visit Halidan's Homepage Send Halidan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm assuming that you've seen the adventurers in the Silver Marches book? There is a really nice mini-campaign outline called "Blood and Gold" for 5th level characters set in and around the village of Deadsnows.

I think it would also be easy to set both of the 3.0 modules "Forge of Fury" and Sunless Citadel in the Silver Marches. Both adventures involve ancient ruins inhabited by non-human tribes, and the ruin from Forge is a dwarven one.

"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied,
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

Edgar Allen Poe - 1849

Edited by - Halidan on 23 Nov 2006 02:01:08
Go to Top of Page

PaulBestwick
Seeker

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2006 :  15:59:45  Show Profile Send PaulBestwick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Halidan, thanks for that I wanted to get them into the adventures in the Silver Marches book. So they need to pregess a little before then. As to the other two adventures you mention. The players have already been through them and I could not run them through those again without a massive amount of work first. Something I am tryimng to avoid by posting here
Go to Top of Page

PaulBestwick
Seeker

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2006 :  16:01:22  Show Profile Send PaulBestwick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wooly, thanks for the suggestion, but I am finding just hooks and not fleshed out adventures in the Compendiums I have looked through so far (I-III)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2006 :  17:52:03  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PaulBestwick

Wooly, thanks for the suggestion, but I am finding just hooks and not fleshed out adventures in the Compendiums I have looked through so far (I-III)

We just do hooks in there, and not fully written adventures. However, because they are hooks, you can easily tweak them to your specific campaign, including substituting NPCs as needed and scaling it to whatever level you want.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2006 :  18:26:43  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Steve Perrin's "The Tombs of Deckon Thar" in REF5 Lords of Darkness
Jason Carl's The Dungeon of Death
Eric L. Boyd's "Eye of Myrkul" in Dungeon #73, a little to the south-west
Richard Baker's "Prison of the Firebringer" in Dungeon #101 (the Dungeon of the Ruins)
Christopher Perkins's Sons of Gruumsh may be adaptable from its Moonsea North setting
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2006 :  23:20:59  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd highly recommend running the whole of the Mere of Dead Men series (Dungeon #69-73), of which Eye of Myrkul is the last part.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

LucianBarasu
Fellaren-Krae Co-ordinator

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2006 :  08:14:12  Show Profile  Visit LucianBarasu's Homepage Send LucianBarasu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Faraer this one:
Steve Perrin's "The Tombs of Deckon Thar" in REF5 Lords of Darkness
is perfect for what Paul is looking for.
Paul, use this It is very easy to change if you are wanting more roleplay and less roll-play.

Lucian "The Bringer" Barasu
Fellaren Krae Project Co-Ordinator

"Why do you cry?"
"He is Conan, Cimmerian. He won't cry... So I cry for him."
Go to Top of Page

dwarvenranger
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2006 :  17:40:45  Show Profile  Visit dwarvenranger's Homepage Send dwarvenranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Goodman games has a lot of modules out. I really enjoyed the Lost Vault of Tazzar(sp) Rho. It would fit in well anywhere in the north.

If I waited till I knew what I was doing, I'd never get anything done.

Edited by - dwarvenranger on 27 Nov 2006 17:42:37
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2006 :  19:21:14  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Check out the old module "Dark Clouds Gather" (an old UK AD&D 1st module). It plays in a mountain pass, and I basically just put it into the Nethermountains and silverymoon pass.

Also, "Ravager of Time" (with a few adjustments) can be placed into the trollmoors.

Both adventures contain old magic, and Netheril is a perfect set up for almost every old magic you could find...

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Snotlord
Senior Scribe

Norway
476 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2006 :  20:26:22  Show Profile  Visit Snotlord's Homepage Send Snotlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I tried to put together a campaign in the Silver Marches a while back. Here's the sources:

”Cry Wolf”, see Dungeon 102.
”Forest of Blood”, see Dungeon 103.
”Forge of Fury”
”Fiend’s Embrace”, see Dungeon 121 (6th level characters.
“Iriandel”, see Dungeon 83.
“The Lost Tomb of Amarak”, see the Races of Faerûn web enhancement (8th or above).
“The Amarantha Agenda”, see Dungeon 123 (9th level characters).
”Daemonfey Bolthole” (10th level characters, Lords of Darkness)
Tomb of Horror (10th level)
”Grimmantle Keep” (12th level characters, Lost Empires of Faerûn)
Deep Horizon (13th level characters)
”Prison of the Firebringer”, see Dungeon 101. (14th level characters)
”Glacier Crevasse of the Frost Giant Jarl”
“The Twisted Run”

What it lacks in focus it makes up in hit points.
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2006 :  23:11:35  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

Check out the old module "Dark Clouds Gather" (an old UK AD&D 1st module). It plays in a mountain pass, and I basically just put it into the Nethermountains and silverymoon pass.

Also, "Ravager of Time" (with a few adjustments) can be placed into the trollmoors.

Both adventures contain old magic, and Netheril is a perfect set up for almost every old magic you could find...

Mace,

how did you treat/modify Ffenargh and Eylea in your campaign?

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000