Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Iaijutsu Master from OA
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LucianBarasu
Fellaren-Krae Co-ordinator

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2006 :  19:59:57  Show Profile  Visit LucianBarasu's Homepage Send LucianBarasu a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
IN another post, Dwarvenranger mentioned this PrC...
The Iaijutsu Master from OA

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where this is listed, and what resource book I can find it in?

or if nsomeone can post it in here as a reply that'd be cool too.

Lucian "The Bringer" Barasu
Fellaren Krae Project Co-Ordinator

"Why do you cry?"
"He is Conan, Cimmerian. He won't cry... So I cry for him."

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2006 :  20:07:43  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it is in the 3.0 Oriental Adventures hardcover

basically in the OA there is the skill: Iaijutsu, which is that "samarai-like" (sp??) quick draw/duel strike...but basically it works like a backstab except the # of additional dice inflicted is determined by how high you roll your iaijutsu strike

and in an oriental campaign two warriors with iaijutsu strike do opposed rolls, so it can be an equal match...but with the proper feats and classes it is almost a broken PrC in a campaign where the oriental rules aren't used/common (like Faerun)...

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand
Go to Top of Page

LucianBarasu

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2006 :  20:26:02  Show Profile  Visit LucianBarasu's Homepage Send LucianBarasu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks,

I know what Iaijutsu is, I've taken it for four years now. But since this was the Forgotten Realms, I saw OA and I thought the Overgod,
So a swordsman with religious ties to OA piqued my interest. Slip of the mind, not realising it was OA = Oriental Adventures. I have that hardback, i'll check it out. Thanks..

hehe just picture two Iaijutsu Masters, wearing goggles and the rice patty hats in black silks, walking up into a bar. ONe fat and one Skinny, and they go, " We're on a mission, from God" Blue brothers samurai made me giggle.

"Why do you cry?"

Edited by - LucianBarasu on 29 Nov 2006 20:26:51
Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2006 :  20:34:34  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
no problem,

remember other scribes may not know what "iaijutsu" is, so sometimes it's nice to over-explain something to cover all the bases

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand
Go to Top of Page

LucianBarasu

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2006 :  20:54:25  Show Profile  Visit LucianBarasu's Homepage Send LucianBarasu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
gotcha. thanks again.

"Why do you cry?"
Go to Top of Page

dwarvenranger
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2006 :  23:45:31  Show Profile  Visit dwarvenranger's Homepage Send dwarvenranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a seperate epic progression for the Iaijutsu Master on the WOTC website.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ei/20030902a

Broken? Guess it could be.

If I waited till I knew what I was doing, I'd never get anything done.

Go to Top of Page

LucianBarasu

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2006 :  00:02:33  Show Profile  Visit LucianBarasu's Homepage Send LucianBarasu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dwarvenranger

There's a seperate epic progression for the Iaijutsu Master on the WOTC website.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ei/20030902a

Broken? Guess it could be.

Nope it works..thanks DR.

"Why do you cry?"
Go to Top of Page

dwarvenranger
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2006 :  01:07:19  Show Profile  Visit dwarvenranger's Homepage Send dwarvenranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're welcome.

If I waited till I knew what I was doing, I'd never get anything done.

Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2006 :  02:46:20  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[laugh] And here I was, trying to figure out how damage resistence helped make an epic iaijutsu master not broken...

Sometimes I need to read who it is that's posting.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2006 :  03:23:31  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I know what Iaijutsu is, I've taken it for four years now. But since this was the Forgotten Realms, I saw OA and I thought the Overgod,
So a swordsman with religious ties to OA piqued my interest. Slip of the mind, not realising it was OA = Oriental Adventures. I have that hardback, i'll check it out. Thanks..

And the Overgod name is AO...
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2006 :  03:27:02  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oa wold be the planet at the center of the Universe where the Guardians of the Universe have their headquarters and the Green Lantern Corps meet in the DC Universe.
Go to Top of Page

WalkerNinja
Senior Scribe

USA
573 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2006 :  05:48:55  Show Profile Send WalkerNinja a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow... this topic just got a whole lot nerdier than it ever needed to be. Good Game, KEJR!

*as I go to read the next issue of Civil War*

*** A Forgotten Realms Addict since 1990 ***
Treasures of the Past, a Second Edition Play-by-Post game for and by Candlekeep Sages--http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=52011

Edited by - WalkerNinja on 30 Nov 2006 12:56:28
Go to Top of Page

LucianBarasu

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2006 :  07:01:40  Show Profile  Visit LucianBarasu's Homepage Send LucianBarasu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL nerdier....indeed!

Like I said, my mind slipped.. OA=AO I think this dead horse is beaten enough.lol...GL corps..heh.

"Why do you cry?"
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2006 :  23:09:20  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would have LOVED to take some Iaijutsu Master levels for my Waterdhavian nobleman fighter, but for some reason my DM denied me this possibility ;D

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2006 :  03:04:14  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kalin Agrivar

no problem,

remember other scribes may not know what "iaijutsu" is, so sometimes it's nice to over-explain something to cover all the bases

I am always in need of over-explaining

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000