Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 The Twilight Tomb
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Patrakis
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2006 :  01:45:08  Show Profile Send Patrakis a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all,

Unless i am mistaken, i haven't seen this discussed here on the forums so i thought to post the link to a new product for the 4th quarter in the Forgotten REalms.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/fracc/953947400

Is this news to you guys?

Pat

Dancing is like standing still, but faster.
My site: http://www.patoumonde.com

Swordsage
Learned Scribe

149 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2006 :  02:18:55  Show Profile  Visit Swordsage's Homepage Send Swordsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, it has been mentioned in an upcoming products thread. The adventure is set in the Yuirwood and will supposedly feature the star elves.

The Swordsage
Go to Top of Page

Lord Nemes
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2006 :  04:42:55  Show Profile  Visit Lord Nemes's Homepage Send Lord Nemes a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, but I hadn't see the cover.

Lord Nemes
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2006 :  20:09:02  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, july is near the end, and september is closer and closer. As I´m pretending to DM a campaign in the East, this adventure came in good time, really.

Something have some more info about the Twilight Tomb?

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

msatran
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2006 :  05:08:58  Show Profile  Visit msatran's Homepage Send msatran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hopefully, the adventure won't be lousy. The only good thing about the Sons of Gruumsh adventure was the pile o statblocks.
Go to Top of Page

Ahwe Yahzhe
Acolyte

Iraq
36 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2006 :  06:51:55  Show Profile  Visit Ahwe Yahzhe's Homepage Send Ahwe Yahzhe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by msatran

Hopefully, the adventure won't be lousy. The only good thing about the Sons of Gruumsh adventure was the pile o statblocks.

Such pessimism - I liked SoG- it actually had some good background on the noble families and city politics embedded in the first couple of chapters of the adventure. And the castle design made it very difficult on the party when both the orcs below AND the orcs above started coming after them...

I'm hoping this will be a good adventure to portal a hapless party into...

I just noticed- it still says this $9.95, stand-along adventure is a 160-page trade paperback. Either that makes this the cheapest FR product of all time, or they got it mixed up. I'm guessing it's really a staple-bound 32-to-48 page effort, right?

Edited by - Ahwe Yahzhe on 02 Aug 2006 06:56:42
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2006 :  15:53:17  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ahwe Yahzhe

quote:
Originally posted by msatran

Such pessimism - I liked SoG- it actually had some good background on the noble families and city politics embedded in the first couple of chapters of the adventure. And the castle design made it very difficult on the party when both the orcs below AND the orcs above started coming after them...

I'm hoping this will be a good adventure to portal a hapless party into...

I just noticed- it still says this $9.95, stand-along adventure is a 160-page trade paperback. Either that makes this the cheapest FR product of all time, or they got it mixed up. I'm guessing it's really a staple-bound 32-to-48 page effort, right?

I notice that too. I vote for non-typo. *rubs hands while waiting in glee* Yesssss.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Patrakis
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2006 :  17:48:43  Show Profile Send Patrakis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I just read the July preview article that WotC put out every month and the text is still talking about a 160 pages adventure.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20060706a

Considering the price of 9,99 $ USD, i still find it a bit surprising.

Pat

Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  09:53:34  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mat is just copying the module's product page on wizards.com, which still has the '160 pages' error, which has now been corrected on Amazon along with 'Grag E. Vaughan'.
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2006 :  06:38:54  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Patrakis

Considering the price of 9,99 $ USD, i still find it a bit surprising.

Not if they finally broke down and stopped using high glosss full color paper in products that really don't need to be extravagent.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2006 :  13:23:01  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I like of the pretty high gloss full color paper in my books.

Now, there is something new about this tome? Where is Mr. Greg, I´m really waiting for poke him a little about the star elves, the module, etc.

Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2006 :  18:55:07  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Moradin

Well, I like of the pretty high gloss full color paper in my books.

Yes but some products are DM only products (or completist products) and after the DM uses it isn't likely to open it again for years. Or atleast that's how I see many things.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2006 :  22:21:32  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What kind of DM products are only opened once? *Blinks*

I think they would get more use than any of the player products.

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2006 :  22:38:44  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GothicDan

What kind of DM products are only opened once? *Blinks*

I think they would get more use than any of the player products.

Well, I rarely reuse modules if I've used them once before.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2006 :  22:48:25  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
True.

I guess I was thinking more of the DM-only (or primarily DM books) that 2E used to print. :)

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2006 :  13:47:53  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeap. I take a look in my Realms stuff every month, even if it is a novel, or an adventure module.

Now, I´m really curious: August Previews have came, and The Twilight Tomb continues to be listed as a book of 160 pages !!!

Maybe the Tryad finally have answering our prayers for more info about star elves, Aglarond, and the like?

Go to Top of Page

yerren
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2006 :  13:59:49  Show Profile  Visit yerren's Homepage Send yerren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hello to everybody.
Greg Vaughan, the author, said in paizo´s forums (He´s the writer of some of the last best adventures published in dungeon) about a month ago that the book is 160 pages long. Wizards asked him for a 32 pages long adventure but then they asked him to continue till the 160 pages. I think he also said that the book will contain game material about star elves but I don´t remember well. I hope it helps you.
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2006 :  15:32:27  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the news, yerren!

Now, we have only to wait and see how the WotC will handle this "adventure with lore", and pray for the better.

Chosen of Moradin, fondly remembering how The Haunted Halls of Eveningstar was a pretty good "adventure with lore"

Edited by - Chosen of Moradin on 15 Aug 2006 15:33:19
Go to Top of Page

Brakkart
Acolyte

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2006 :  18:57:52  Show Profile  Visit Brakkart's Homepage Send Brakkart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well now that we know that the page count is correct at 160, then I imagine that the price tag of $9.95 has got to be wrong. That or WotC got really generous all of a sudden. I wonder what the correct price for this is going to be?

Read my blog at: http://tauntonian.blogspot.com Here I post ramblings, book reviews, song lyrics and assorted weirdness.

Check out my "Rise of the Snakemen" Forgotten Realms Story Hour. http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=100196
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2006 :  19:04:06  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Probably it will be black & white, and with a paper of less quality...

Go to Top of Page

Patrakis
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2006 :  02:09:01  Show Profile Send Patrakis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just checked the product page of WotC and The Twilight Tomb is now paged at 32. The correction must be officiel then and speculations are over:) If they didn't make a mistake:)

Pat

Go to Top of Page

Kiaransalyn
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
762 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2006 :  06:46:26  Show Profile Send Kiaransalyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a shame, a 160 page book would have been welcome. I find the Star Elves one of the more fascinating developments to have appeared over recent years.

Death is Life
Love is Hate
Revenge is Forgiveness

Ken: You from the States?
Jimmy: Yeah. But don't hold it against me.
Ken: I'll try not to... Just try not to say anything too loud or crass.
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2006 :  13:06:35  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kiaransalyn

That's a shame, a 160 page book would have been welcome. I find the Star Elves one of the more fascinating developments to have appeared over recent years.

I fully agree with you, Kiaransalyn. I´m a great fan of the star elves, too.

But let´s be positive. Maybe the rumors still are true, and the stuff of star elves was removed from the adventure (no more "adventures with lore") to be put in the Elves of Faerûn that we are calling for...

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2006 :  23:11:43  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And the adventure is now available. I picked it up this afternoon.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2006 :  14:44:12  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Wooly! Good to know that you already have it in hands!

Well, what are your impressions of the adventure? It´s a good one? Have good information, follow the style of Sons of Gruumsh?

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2006 :  17:24:36  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Moradin

Well met, Wooly! Good to know that you already have it in hands!

Well, what are your impressions of the adventure? It´s a good one? Have good information, follow the style of Sons of Gruumsh?

I just started reading it last night, and I didn't get very far into it. I'm still in editing mode, and there's also a non-Realms series of novels that I've been eagerly devouring (The Dresden Files), so the adventure is a little further down on my list of priorities.

Go to Top of Page

Kaewin
Acolyte

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2006 :  02:58:10  Show Profile Send Kaewin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Down you list? About how far say you? The Game Haven says the don't know when they my get it in. Neither Borders or Books-a-Million do modules most of the time.

Magic is not for Parlor Tricks. ~Sparrow Moros, Second Degree Master
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2006 :  04:12:50  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kaewin

Down you list? About how far say you? The Game Haven says the don't know when they my get it in. Neither Borders or Books-a-Million do modules most of the time.

It depends on whether or not my library has book 8 of the Dresden Files. I'm currently on book 7. My plan is to finish book 7, and read 8 if I can. If not, I'll move on to a novel called Webmage (yup, I'm on an urban fantasy kick). I'll read The Twilight Tomb concurrently with that.

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2006 :  04:17:57  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Funny how different stores in the same chain operate. I got the module at Borders as soon as I read someone had obtained it.

I just got a chance to read through it. I liked it quite a bit, and actually I personally think it was better than Sons of Grummsh. More of the adventure was an adventure as opposed to the various orc statblocks (while useful, they didn't make the adventure, as a story, more compelling).

Really liked it, and I liked the BBEGs that the author chose to use. The new details on Star Elves aren't major, just little snippets that are interesting to add some flavor to the race, although some of the things that were mentioned did set my mind off on a different direction.

For a 32 page adventure I think it was a pretty cool adventure.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2006 :  06:26:47  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Miracle of miracles, I picked this up today. More detailed comments when I have a chance to read it properly.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

BobROE
Learned Scribe

Canada
106 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2006 :  14:29:41  Show Profile  Visit BobROE's Homepage Send BobROE a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've read the first few section (20 some-odd rooms) and it suffers from the same problem as lots of other adventures.

The fraking maps don't match up with the fraking text. I'm really getting sick of this, how hard is it to read through the adventure to make sure that when the text says there's a door on the west wall, that there a door on the west wall on the map.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000