Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 2008 Realms RPG Products?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ShepherdGunn
Seeker

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2007 :  17:18:14  Show Profile  Visit ShepherdGunn's Homepage Send ShepherdGunn a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have a friend of mine who is, to be truthful, not a huge FR fan. Unfortunately, he's also very close to a number of people in the industry. The other day at gaming he was elated to tell me that he was pretty sure that the last of the mega-adventure (Cormyr, Shadowdale, and Auroch (I know I'm spelling that last one wrong)) is the last offical FR product to be put out by WotC. He claims that anything further from the FR may only come from the new online Dragon and Dungeon.

I sure hope this isn't true. Anyone heard anything about this, or know of any of the RPG stuff that may be coming out next year? WotC done a lot of bone head things this last 12 months, I pray that the trend does not affect the Realms.

"Man does not live by bread alone, likewise, blades and arrows aren't the only things that can kill him."

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2007 :  17:29:23  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd have to say that your friend is... wrong. We've recently received official word from Rich Baker himself on the status of FR products for 2008, from over at the WotC boards:-

"Sorry I missed this, been on vacation the last few days...

Yes, the catalog's essentially complete. Sometimes we do add products that "sneak in" under the catalog but that's not what we currently have in mind here. There are no Realms products in the first trimester due to the particular quirks of our scheduling process--you will see several Realms products in 2008, just a little later in the year. (Wish it weren't that way, but sometimes the schedule is funny.) Don't read too much into it. We'll have plenty of great Realms stuff to talk about at the GenCon Realms seminar."

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 13 Aug 2007 17:29:58
Go to Top of Page

ShepherdGunn
Seeker

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2007 :  17:33:20  Show Profile  Visit ShepherdGunn's Homepage Send ShepherdGunn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::Long deep sigh of relief:: I've gotten to love the realms very much over the years, and couldn't believe that once I got to the point I actually thought I got the feel of it that it'd be wiped away. Very glad to hear it.

"Man does not live by bread alone, likewise, blades and arrows aren't the only things that can kill him."
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2007 :  18:49:21  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not involved in every FR product and don't know your friend, but I've certainly not heard of any cease in the production of FR products.

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein
Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2007 :  18:55:19  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your friend is wrong. The latest from Rich is (I asked him about the schedule in relation to novels that have been mentioned as coming out early next year, such as EC's Reclamation)

quote:
RE: novels... Yes, we have a number of 1st trimester FR novels. When I posted about "no FR products in 1st trimester" I was speaking to the absence of FR game products. I think Reclamation is April instead of March, however. I'll talk about the upcoming schedule more at GenCon.

No doubt the schedule will be a popular topic for discussion at Gencon!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2007 :  20:41:37  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Aye, and I simply can't wait to hear what exciting snippets and news my fellow wonderful scribes bring back from the seminars at GENCON

Return here without news and i'll be sending ye right back!

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

AlorinDawn
Learned Scribe

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2007 :  21:02:50  Show Profile  Visit AlorinDawn's Homepage Send AlorinDawn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not so sure it would be a bad thing if WotC let the FR license revert back to Ed. TSR > WotC any day. While there have been some good Realms products from WotC I feel it has been and could be handled better than it is now (These are just my opinions).

Edited by - AlorinDawn on 13 Aug 2007 21:03:53
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2007 :  19:44:19  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I got the okay to mention at least this: I have got a sequel novel written entitled BLACKSTAFF TOWER that's due out in Autumn 2008. Can't say any more than that, I'm afraid.

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2007 :  19:58:42  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

Well, I got the okay to mention at least this: I have got a sequel novel written entitled BLACKSTAFF TOWER that's due out in Autumn 2008. Can't say any more than that, I'm afraid.

Steven

Cool !

As a single novel or in a series ?
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2007 :  20:01:12  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh oh oh!!! Blackstaff Tower!?!?!

Well... now I need to stop to scream in front of the screen, before someone listen!

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2007 :  20:16:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Steven

Oh, wow, that's awesome news, Steven! I look forward to it!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2007 :  20:24:48  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Steven

Well met

Marvelous news, Steven Thanks for bringing this to us.

I assume this will be a standalong novel, rather than part of a series (or come to think of it, will it be in the Citadels series?)

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11716 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2007 :  20:35:39  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It does seem that we are getting to a point where the need for crunch material in the 3.5 realms is not as much needed as there needs to be flavor material. Problem is you don't want to go back and do regional books for all the things that were printed in 2nd edition. It'll make the players feel like they're getting rehashed material. That's why I was glad to see things like serpent kingdoms and dragons of faerun. They had a new way to present the changes that were occurring realms-wide, but with somewhat of a focus. The new Grand History will serve in a similiar respect to flesh out things I would expect. However, I figure I'll take a moment and vomit forth a few ideas to see how they take with everyone.

First idea, how about a "Rumors of the Realms - 1375 DR". With such little nuggets could be planted and actually somewhat developed so that DM's could take them where they want them. It could be almost like the old Book of Lairs from 2nd (1st?) edition where there's a short "encounter" layout with some info, but it would focus less on a battle encounter and more on a general setup of "these people from X group are over in Y area. They have seized Z castle and are attempting to bring about Q. The people from N group are upset over the actions but don't know what's going on. They provide the pc's with L information, etc.... ". It could be slightly more advanced than the rumors put forth in the 1st edition campaign setting, giving say 2 pages per "rumor" for fleshing out. It would also be a good way to explain away any political changes in the realms, by citing in the rumor that certain people have been eliminated and such causing a power vacuum. It would be interesting as well if it were laid out almost like a newspaper with parts you can give the players.

DM's guide to the time of troubles. I'm betting that several of us have run campaigns focused around the ToT as a way to introduce players to the realms. Wouldn't it be interesting to have a really good source that maybe develops the backstory of what various gods were doing and where. I mean something that would give a given deity as an entry and then goes into the various things he did throughout the ToT, but given in such a way that it might give ideas on how to involve players in a given god's doing during the ToT without it revolving around the tablets of fate. Of course, this would be a project that would definitely require some research, so not sure if it will ever see light. It could even spawn off as a great set of "realms of troubles" novels wherein you see the machinations at work in short stories.

Anyway, those are the two ideas that came to my mind. Doubt they'll see light of day, but figured I'd put forth the ideas.. who knows may spark someone else to come up with something even better.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2007 :  20:40:50  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent news indeed Steven!

Please let me know if you want another set of eyes to look over the manuscript. I'm also bringing Blackstaff to Gen Con and will be begging for an autograph.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2007 :  22:58:42  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas
Problem is you don't want to go back and do regional books for all the things that were printed in 2nd edition. It'll make the players feel like they're getting rehashed material.
I disagree entirely: Shining South, Unapproachable East, City of Splendors: Waterdeep, and especially Silver Marches worked just fine.
quote:
First idea, how about a "Rumors of the Realms - 1375 DR".
More clack, for sure, but why needlessly tie it to the ongoing timeline which not everyone follows?
quote:
DM's guide to the time of troubles.
I'm trying to forget about that white elephant.

Edited by - Faraer on 14 Aug 2007 23:02:19
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2007 :  23:00:53  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was answering too but.. Faraer was faster, +1 to what he said

Edited by - Skeptic on 14 Aug 2007 23:01:36
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2007 :  00:40:50  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Steven

Awesome! I loved Blackstaff. If you need a pair of eyes for anything, please let me know.

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2007 :  02:16:06  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

I assume this will be a standalong novel, rather than part of a series (or come to think of it, will it be in the Citadels series?)

That was my guess. Anyway...yaaaaaaay!

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 15 Aug 2007 02:16:19
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2007 :  02:18:05  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer
More clack, for sure, but why needlessly tie it to the ongoing timeline which not everyone follows?

I really agree with this, although WotC does seem pretty dead set on what's "new" (with rare exceptions, like the Swords of Eveningstar series) and following a timeline.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

ShepherdGunn
Seeker

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2007 :  11:51:35  Show Profile  Visit ShepherdGunn's Homepage Send ShepherdGunn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm actually surprised how well this thread has taken off. I'll have to add more thoughts to other threads.

I'm excited about Blackstaff Tower as well. My wife currently considers it among her favorites of all time.

In regards to future FR RPG materials though, I agree with Faraer and Skeptic. I think in some aspects going back over and updating some of the older materials would be a good idea.

A Moonshae or just an Island Kingdom book would be good. Heck, a Hordelands and Kara-Tur update all rolled together would be nice too. I think more flavor in some aspects, but also a bit of crunch would be nice to have. A book about Westgate in the vein of City of Splendors would also be interesting, since I consider it kind of the anti-Waterdeep. There's so much of the Realms that has already been published, but there's also a lot that unless you've been gaming for a very long time, or you have a portal hard drive with a LOT of pdfs, you're just not going to find anywhere.

Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2007 :  13:36:13  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Timeline wise, I would be quite happy with a 'Volo's Almanac' every December, which simply updates the timeline in an incharacter way.

Personally I think that 2008 is going to see many fine products for the Forgotten Realms. The novels already announced look great (Reclamation, Blackstaff Tower and Ascendancy of the Last are the ones I'm most looking forward to). 2009 will also be seeing many fine products. And 2010. Sure, I'm an optimist! But I'll be proven right come Gencon.

Edited by - Uzzy on 15 Aug 2007 13:37:23
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2007 :  02:24:59  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well we know the new Campaign setting for 4e is coming out in August 2008 and we also know its the first campaign setting switched to 4e with Eberron the next year. Take that Eberron!

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2007 :  09:42:34  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MerrikCale

Well we know the new Campaign setting for 4e is coming out in August 2008 and we also know its the first campaign setting switched to 4e with Eberron the next year. Take that Eberron!

Aye, come to think of it, this is quite a surprising move. I'd have thought that WotC would want to address their latest big campaign first and foremost.

Mayhaps it's not doing so well after the initial burst?

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2007 :  12:37:51  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd not have minded if they'd let Eberron go first. In fact, for purely selfish reasons, I'd have rather prefered it if they'd kept publishing the FR-material in the 3.5 ruleset and not bothered to convert the setting to 4.0.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2007 :  21:20:34  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

I'd not have minded if they'd let Eberron go first. In fact, for purely selfish reasons, I'd have rather prefered it if they'd kept publishing the FR-material in the 3.5 ruleset and not bothered to convert the setting to 4.0.

I can't imagine they will publish anything 3.5 once 4.0 is released. They will merely publish the core books then some FR stuff then Eberron

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2007 :  09:58:14  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

I can't imagine they will publish anything 3.5 once 4.0 is released. They will merely publish the core books then some FR stuff then Eberron

Oh I know. I only said that this is what I'd prefer, not what I think will happen.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett

Edited by - Kajehase on 19 Aug 2007 09:58:49
Go to Top of Page

sir_lune
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2007 :  11:45:41  Show Profile  Visit sir_lune's Homepage Send sir_lune a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

Aye, come to think of it, this is quite a surprising move. I'd have thought that WotC would want to address their latest big campaign first and foremost.

Mayhaps it's not doing so well after the initial burst?

In fact this is simply to allow players of current Living Campaign to begin the future Living Faerun beginning at Origins 2008.

A LOT of Living Greyhawk players are not very happy with this move ...
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2007 :  16:17:32  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is what was posted about the Forgotten Realms seminar yesterday on WOTC's boards:

quote:

# Sunday, 10:42 a.m.: Forgotten Realms Seminar
by Chris Thomasson

Panel: Rich Baker (leading), Ed Greenwood, Eric Boyd

Rich starts the seminar with a brief rundown of the Forgotten Realms products for the year. He breezes through Cormyr and Shadowdale, which are both pretty interesting and innovative adventures. When he gets to Undermountain, Rich gets Ed to talk about this product, acknowledging that there's no way to fully detail Undermountain in any one product. Ed jokes that this is the first of 42 books, intended to detail the upper levels of the complex.

Grand History of the Realms: This product is unique for us. Brian James, the author, first compiled the information online, which we then bought from Brian. Rich found it and lobbied to buy the pdf product and host it, but other folks thought the book would make a better print product. It's cool that a product came about in this fashion.

Anauroch rounds out the trilogy of big adventures, started with Cormyr and Shadowdale. Anauroch will be a great preview for the villains and events of the Realms that will shape the setting in 4th Edition.

This year is the 20th Anniversary of Drizzt. I feel so old. I bought The Crystal Shard in my local mall's Waldenbooks back around 1988. I was immediately hooked, and read pretty much every FR novel printed from then until around 1995. If I had more time to read, I'd probably still read 'em all, but the demands of time require me to be a bit more selective.

August, 2008: Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting for 4th Edition. We're hoping to have it out on or around Gen Con next year. Lots of plans for the Realms—significant changes—but Rich can't talk about details yet.

Next year will also have an as-yet unnamed FR product out, which players in Realms campaigns will want.

There will be a big event in the Realms soon, called the Spellplague. Rich says it won't leave a corner of the Realms untouched.

Cool, a new world map in the new CS. I really liked the one in the 3.0 campaign setting, so I'm looking forward to the new one. Mmmmmm . . . maps. Maybe I'm getting hungry. That weird muffin I ate this morning isn't doing much for me now that it's almost dinner time.

Someone suggests an interactive map feature for D&D Insider. I won't say we haven't been thinking about something like that. I'd love that utility. We'll have to take that back to the office and think on it some more.

I'm jealous. I just read Bart's post about seeing the costumes, as well as browsing the hall. I think I've been in the hall a total of 30 minutes the last three days. Woe is me! Too many seminars! Too much information! Head go asplode!

Okay, time to hit the hall, or I'm gonna get cranky. Sunday also brings the Top 8 of the DDM Championship, which I'm gonna have to check out.

Okay, I'm just about to duck out to eat, and Chris Perkins puts me on the spot about Realmslore. That's our newly revised FR column running every other Wednesday. So there we go: I've pimped our coverage, and I'm off to eat. Yay!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2007 :  16:34:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Spellplague? And it'll touch every corner of the Realms? Interesante...

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

initiate
Learned Scribe

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2007 :  17:59:59  Show Profile  Visit initiate's Homepage Send initiate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Re: Spellplague: no corner of the Realms left untouched

Adopts voice of a hurt child:

Mommy? Daddy? Why they break Faerun?

Seriously: Part of me hates to add my voice to the torrent of grief WotC is receiving right now, [despite what I'm sure is a legitimate attempt to make something great on the part of many of their designers], but does the Realms really need this right now? I've enjoyed some of the recent RSEs a fair bit, and a good deal more than some, but adding yet more seems just a little silly. As others have asked, how much can the setting take before the "scar tissue" becomes visible? I'll admit to being curious, though. Interesante indeed.

I think there are some questions to ask when thinking about this kind of thing: I know that nastalgia can provide a rose tinted lens through which to gaze upon things gone by, and I think that its important for us to keep this in mind when discussing change, but people love the setting for its distinguishing features. When those features begin to disappear, at what point does the setting no longer resemble the place, the wonderfully realized fictional universe, that attracted those people in the first place? How does a creative team navigate betwixt the admirable desire to keep the setting moving forward in engaging ways, the omnipresent need to make money, [because that's what allows them to keep doing this], and the need to keep the setting recognizable and appealing?

I think that in a lot of cases, the aforementioned creative team can't really win completely, because the balance between progress and conservatism preferred depends on each fan. Personally, the day Elminster dies, I know I'll be pretty unhappy, [unless Ed gets to do it himself, in a manner that seems appropriate to him]. Other people will have their own setting related buttons, changes that are not okay by them. Perhaps, at the end of the day, its better to just roll with the punches for the moment, no matter how unhappy we may be. [Did they really have to jump ten years?] For myself I think I'll see where Wizards takes us before I get to upset, wary though I may be.

I hope there's a little more info to come from the Secrets seminar yet. The stuff we've gotten has been really interesting, but they don't seem to have gotten through much.

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  00:46:53  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with you initiate. But remember that there's really no rule saying you have to incorporate every change WotC introduces into YOUR Realms. Recently, I've been ignoring a lot of events and developments that I don't like. And you know what? That change of attitude is pretty liberating. If my future FR library consists mainly of 2e products that I don't have yet, and my Realms stays "stuck" in 1374-1375, that's fine with me!

I do think this news about "major changes" actually confirms what Wooly talked about in the 4e thread--that the current design direction for the Realms is about attracting new, "untried" players/fans to the Realms rather than keeping the old ones. Well and good--WotC does not dictate the setting to me.

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 20 Aug 2007 00:47:16
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000