Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 The Twilight Tomb

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Patrakis Posted - 10 Jun 2006 : 01:45:08
Hi all,

Unless i am mistaken, i haven't seen this discussed here on the forums so i thought to post the link to a new product for the 4th quarter in the Forgotten REalms.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/fracc/953947400

Is this news to you guys?

Pat
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 04 Sep 2007 : 18:39:34
The only thing that save my group with that encounter was my really bad day of dice rollings.

Next sunday they will attack the redoubt of the nilshai! Let's see how good they will be with the surprises of the tower...
Ergdusch Posted - 03 Sep 2007 : 10:05:44
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Thus, I now have a TPK under my belt, and my kids have learned to never split the party, at all, even a little. They also learned how screwed you are if the healer goes down first.

That's how it is: Leasons in 'life' - got to learn them at some time!

Thanks for sharing this tale.

Ergdusch
KnightErrantJR Posted - 03 Sep 2007 : 04:46:32
Well, I have to say, in 20 years of DMing, I've never had a TPK until tonight. I was running this adventure for my kids, with three characters bumped up in level to compensate for the missing character. They ran into some rough random encounters, including a Gibbering Mouther, and managed to survive it.

When they finally go into the tomb, well, I'll put on the spoilers for anyone that hasn't played this yet:

The had only a little problem with the owlbear encounter, rested up, managed to take out the skeletons and zombies on the lower level of the tower, rested again to be cautious, followed the footsteps to the room where they led, then decided to check out the other door, nearly went up the stair . . .

And then my son said, "you two, wait by the stairs, I'm just going to peek in the door really quick, and I'll run like hell if there is something in there."

The forsaken shell heard him, waited on the other side of the door, and pummeled him badly when he first opened it. It took another round before the girls got back to him, and the first time the fighter was near it, he clobbered her.

Two rounds later, the fighter was at -2, the favored soul was at -10, and the Warlock was the only one left standing, with the forsaken shell at about 80 + hit points.

Thus, I now have a TPK under my belt, and my kids have learned to never split the party, at all, even a little. They also learned how screwed you are if the healer goes down first.

Ah well.
EvilKnight Posted - 11 Oct 2006 : 03:32:21
Hello scribes,

The Twilight Tomb has been added to the Danali Index.

See sig below.
thom Posted - 28 Sep 2006 : 16:31:55
Hey folks, I was modifying the Tomb for my group; has anyone else noticed how the Darkenbeast has changed? Does the weakness in sunlight (the -2 penalty) now imply that Darkenbeasts no longer die when exposed to sunlight??

If so, that's a pretty major change! I'm not sure how I feel about this; has anyone else decided this one way or the other?

Reefy Posted - 22 Sep 2006 : 01:11:13
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

And Wizards have posted an excerpt on their site.

Seems interesting. I'm unsure if I'll pick it up due to lack of funds and the fact I can't see myself running it in the near future.
Kajehase Posted - 21 Sep 2006 : 16:35:26
And Wizards have posted an excerpt on their site.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 16 Sep 2006 : 16:21:17
quote:
Originally posted by BobROE

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

It's likely that the maps are drawn after the fact, when everything else is done.

But how could you get it wrong then? You'd just read the text.

By either not reading it in detail, or just by reading a summation. I don't think the art orders are accompanied by full product text.
Dargoth Posted - 16 Sep 2006 : 10:43:29
Art Gallerys up

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ag/20060915b
BobROE Posted - 15 Sep 2006 : 03:27:18
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

It's likely that the maps are drawn after the fact, when everything else is done.

But how could you get it wrong then? You'd just read the text.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Sep 2006 : 23:05:56
quote:
Originally posted by BobROE

quote:

Bob, I mainly read the adventure to see how it would play out, so I only referenced the maps from time to time to see where things were in relation to one another. While I hadn't caught the misplaced door, I know a few times a room is mentioned as having an alcove or a balcony and if you look at the map, the room has no details what so ever, which makes it a little harder to picture where said detail goes.

The adventure itself, however, is pretty solid, at least to my way of thinking.

Ya, I think it's a cool adventure (what I've read), but the map problems keep coming up in both WotC products and Dungeon and it really pisses me off. I mean look at the path that the guys in room 13 are suppose to follow and look at the map. I mean that sort of thing should be caught in editing.

BobROE Posted - 14 Sep 2006 : 18:35:41
quote:

Bob, I mainly read the adventure to see how it would play out, so I only referenced the maps from time to time to see where things were in relation to one another. While I hadn't caught the misplaced door, I know a few times a room is mentioned as having an alcove or a balcony and if you look at the map, the room has no details what so ever, which makes it a little harder to picture where said detail goes.

Ya, I think it's a cool adventure (what I've read), but the map problems keep coming up in both WotC products and Dungeon and it really pisses me off. I mean look at the path that the guys in room 13 are suppose to follow and look at the map. I mean that sort of thing should be caught in editing.
Mkhaiwati Posted - 14 Sep 2006 : 17:57:01
quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kuje
quote:
quote:Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Big Bad Evil Guys . . .

Or Big Bad Evil Girls. :)

With their +3 cooties that crits on a 19-20, does 1d8 damage.

I went by my local store on Monday, and they said it had a street date of Tuesday, so they wouldn't put it out till then. (I remember that from a different discussion.) I plan on stopping by today to get it.

With regards to the issue of the maps not matching text, yeah, it can be annoying. I also am a little laid back with regards to these things, and if it isn't too bad, can just breeze on thru the mistakes. I try not to sweat the little things. I cannot expect perfection from them if I cannot provide perfection in everything I do. I try, but don't always succeed, so I give some leeway in others. If the mistakes are multiple, huge, and ugly, then someone may not be doing their job as well as I would like, but that is another issue. Stat blocks don't bother me.

Mkhaiwati
Kuje Posted - 14 Sep 2006 : 17:35:20
quote:

Big Bad Evil Guys . . .

Or Big Bad Evil Girls. :)
Xysma Posted - 14 Sep 2006 : 17:19:40
quote:

That's good enough for me, I'll be picking this up today. I'll let you all know my thoughts on it once I've read through it.
KnightErrantJR Posted - 14 Sep 2006 : 14:36:07

KnightErrantJR Posted - 14 Sep 2006 : 14:32:31
Big Bad Evil Guys . . .
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 14 Sep 2006 : 14:30:24
quote:

Funny how different stores in the same chain operate. I got the module at Borders as soon as I read someone had obtained it.

I just got a chance to read through it. I liked it quite a bit, and actually I personally think it was better than Sons of Grummsh. More of the adventure was an adventure as opposed to the various orc statblocks (while useful, they didn't make the adventure, as a story, more compelling).

Really liked it, and I liked the BBEGs that the author chose to use. The new details on Star Elves aren't major, just little snippets that are interesting to add some flavor to the race, although some of the things that were mentioned did set my mind off on a different direction.

For a 32 page adventure I think it was a pretty cool adventure.

Itīs good to know this! Iīm a great fan of the star elves.

Err... what is a "BBEGs"???
BobROE Posted - 14 Sep 2006 : 14:29:41
I've read the first few section (20 some-odd rooms) and it suffers from the same problem as lots of other adventures.

The fraking maps don't match up with the fraking text. I'm really getting sick of this, how hard is it to read through the adventure to make sure that when the text says there's a door on the west wall, that there a door on the west wall on the map.
George Krashos Posted - 14 Sep 2006 : 06:26:47
Miracle of miracles, I picked this up today. More detailed comments when I have a chance to read it properly.

-- George Krashos
KnightErrantJR Posted - 14 Sep 2006 : 04:17:57
Funny how different stores in the same chain operate. I got the module at Borders as soon as I read someone had obtained it.

I just got a chance to read through it. I liked it quite a bit, and actually I personally think it was better than Sons of Grummsh. More of the adventure was an adventure as opposed to the various orc statblocks (while useful, they didn't make the adventure, as a story, more compelling).

Really liked it, and I liked the BBEGs that the author chose to use. The new details on Star Elves aren't major, just little snippets that are interesting to add some flavor to the race, although some of the things that were mentioned did set my mind off on a different direction.

For a 32 page adventure I think it was a pretty cool adventure.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Sep 2006 : 04:12:50
quote:
Originally posted by Kaewin

Down you list? About how far say you? The Game Haven says the don't know when they my get it in. Neither Borders or Books-a-Million do modules most of the time.

It depends on whether or not my library has book 8 of the Dresden Files. I'm currently on book 7. My plan is to finish book 7, and read 8 if I can. If not, I'll move on to a novel called Webmage (yup, I'm on an urban fantasy kick). I'll read The Twilight Tomb concurrently with that.
Kaewin Posted - 14 Sep 2006 : 02:58:10
Down you list? About how far say you? The Game Haven says the don't know when they my get it in. Neither Borders or Books-a-Million do modules most of the time.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 12 Sep 2006 : 17:24:36
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Moradin

Well met, Wooly! Good to know that you already have it in hands!

Well, what are your impressions of the adventure? Itīs a good one? Have good information, follow the style of Sons of Gruumsh?

I just started reading it last night, and I didn't get very far into it. I'm still in editing mode, and there's also a non-Realms series of novels that I've been eagerly devouring (The Dresden Files), so the adventure is a little further down on my list of priorities.
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 12 Sep 2006 : 14:44:12
Well met, Wooly! Good to know that you already have it in hands!

Well, what are your impressions of the adventure? Itīs a good one? Have good information, follow the style of Sons of Gruumsh?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 11 Sep 2006 : 23:11:43
And the adventure is now available. I picked it up this afternoon.
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 22 Aug 2006 : 13:06:35
quote:
Originally posted by Kiaransalyn

That's a shame, a 160 page book would have been welcome. I find the Star Elves one of the more fascinating developments to have appeared over recent years.

I fully agree with you, Kiaransalyn. Iīm a great fan of the star elves, too.

But letīs be positive. Maybe the rumors still are true, and the stuff of star elves was removed from the adventure (no more "adventures with lore") to be put in the Elves of Faerûn that we are calling for...
Kiaransalyn Posted - 22 Aug 2006 : 06:46:26
That's a shame, a 160 page book would have been welcome. I find the Star Elves one of the more fascinating developments to have appeared over recent years.
Patrakis Posted - 22 Aug 2006 : 02:09:01
Just checked the product page of WotC and The Twilight Tomb is now paged at 32. The correction must be officiel then and speculations are over:) If they didn't make a mistake:)

Pat
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 16 Aug 2006 : 19:04:06
Probably it will be black & white, and with a paper of less quality...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000