Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Anthology Books
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2006 :  05:07:52  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
-Is there any specific reason why there are two Realms of the Dragons Anthology books, while no other book from that series has a second book? I was reorganizing my bookshelf tonight, and that was just something that crossed my mind. There's pleanty of material for continuations of other books in the series, such as Realms of Magic, or Realms of the Underdark.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2006 :  10:39:38  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

The first anthology featured stories from our renowned Forgotten Realms authors. It was decided afterwards to produce a second anthology to showcase tales from new authors and those which came to the top following WotC's Open Call.

With it being the Year of Rogue Dragons as the current RSE, that's a good enough reason for me

I highly recommend these anthologies and i'd certainly say to make time to read the second anthology to get a feel of the different author styles. Some fantastic tales too

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2006 :  04:34:56  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

The first anthology featured stories from our renowned Forgotten Realms authors. It was decided afterwards to produce a second anthology to showcase tales from new authors and those which came to the top following WotC's Open Call.

With it being the Year of Rogue Dragons as the current RSE, that's a good enough reason for me

I highly recommend these anthologies and i'd certainly say to make time to read the second anthology to get a feel of the different author styles. Some fantastic tales too

-Ah, that makes sense. I like the idea of "testing" out new FR authors by way of Anthology novels. Hope that continues...

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

EdGentry
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2006 :  20:39:31  Show Profile  Visit EdGentry's Homepage Send EdGentry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I like the idea of "testing" out new FR authors by way of Anthology novels.

As do we who were in it, I assure you.

As I've heard the story told, the editor of both anthologies, Phil Athans, received several proposals for Dragon stories from the popular folks and some newcomers. He realized there was no room in one anthology for all of the stories he really liked the ideas of and wanted to see in print. So, the idea came up of making a second and voila, RotDII.

http://www.edgentry.com

Edited by - EdGentry on 04 May 2006 20:40:21
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000