Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 What's up with the $$$ of Black Wolf?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2006 :  00:51:31  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So it's like 1 of 3 Realms books not in my collection and I got on amazon with my new $25 certificate and not only am I shocked to see they don't have it, but those people/stores that have it are trying to sell a $6 paperback for $30 or more! Is there something I should know about it?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0786919019/ref=dp_olp_3/104-1676684-9826310?%5Fencoding=UTF8

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2006 :  01:00:47  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We've discussed this, a month or so ago?, and most people don't understand why it costs so much. However, it is out of print already for some reason.

A lot of us said we'd look around locally for extra copies and send them to whomever needed one or didn't want to pay that amount for a fairly recent paperback.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 22 Apr 2006 01:23:03
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2006 :  01:15:16  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahh.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2006 :  02:33:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Strangely, I notice Australia... or rather stores here in Perth... have several copies available of Black Wolf.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Lord Nemes
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2006 :  02:36:41  Show Profile  Visit Lord Nemes's Homepage Send Lord Nemes a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can ask your local store to order it at WOTC, I've done so about a month ago and received a new copy for the normal price.

It's worth a try...

Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2006 :  05:58:31  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure I saw it on the shelf at Borders. I just like free books. :)

Go to Top of Page

SheriffJoe
Seeker

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2006 :  20:48:22  Show Profile  Visit SheriffJoe's Homepage Send SheriffJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I keep a watch for books with that kind of a pricetag (used, no less) on both amazon's and half dot com's. I occassionally check ebay was well. Also, if you go to www.fetchbooks.com, type in the title, it searches for the book for you and finds all the sellers offering it up.

Patience is usually a blessed reward and I have been lucky enough to get books for much cheaper than their collectors price by waiting and checking out my wish lists every day.

Best of luck to you!
Go to Top of Page

Bluenose
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
134 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2006 :  10:32:01  Show Profile  Visit Bluenose's Homepage Send Bluenose a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a copy for sale from Waylands Forge (Birmingham, England) at £5.99. Their web site as www.waylandsforge.co.uk.

There were two until about 18 hours ago. :-)

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
What God abandoned, these defended,
And saved the sum of things for pay.
Go to Top of Page

Adam_Garou
Acolyte

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2006 :  19:38:32  Show Profile  Visit Adam_Garou's Homepage Send Adam_Garou a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm interested in tracking this book down and reading it (as might be guessed by my username, I like werewolves ) but I'm DEFINITELY not interested in paying $40 US for it--and that was the CHEAPEST I found on Amazon.

Anyone have access to it from a local store and willing to send me one for reimbursement? PM me if you'll take pity on a poor sod who didn't pick this one up back when he had a chance.

"If we do happen to make contact (with the enemy), I expect nothing less than gratuitous violence from the lot of you."

--Sgt. Harry Wells, DOG SOLDIERS--
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000