Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Anthology Books

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lord Karsus Posted - 01 May 2006 : 05:07:52
-Is there any specific reason why there are two Realms of the Dragons Anthology books, while no other book from that series has a second book? I was reorganizing my bookshelf tonight, and that was just something that crossed my mind. There's pleanty of material for continuations of other books in the series, such as Realms of Magic, or Realms of the Underdark.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
EdGentry Posted - 04 May 2006 : 20:39:31
quote:
I like the idea of "testing" out new FR authors by way of Anthology novels.

As do we who were in it, I assure you.

As I've heard the story told, the editor of both anthologies, Phil Athans, received several proposals for Dragon stories from the popular folks and some newcomers. He realized there was no room in one anthology for all of the stories he really liked the ideas of and wanted to see in print. So, the idea came up of making a second and voila, RotDII.
Lord Karsus Posted - 02 May 2006 : 04:34:56
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

The first anthology featured stories from our renowned Forgotten Realms authors. It was decided afterwards to produce a second anthology to showcase tales from new authors and those which came to the top following WotC's Open Call.

With it being the Year of Rogue Dragons as the current RSE, that's a good enough reason for me

I highly recommend these anthologies and i'd certainly say to make time to read the second anthology to get a feel of the different author styles. Some fantastic tales too

-Ah, that makes sense. I like the idea of "testing" out new FR authors by way of Anthology novels. Hope that continues...
Alaundo Posted - 01 May 2006 : 10:39:38
Well met

The first anthology featured stories from our renowned Forgotten Realms authors. It was decided afterwards to produce a second anthology to showcase tales from new authors and those which came to the top following WotC's Open Call.

With it being the Year of Rogue Dragons as the current RSE, that's a good enough reason for me

I highly recommend these anthologies and i'd certainly say to make time to read the second anthology to get a feel of the different author styles. Some fantastic tales too

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000