Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Champions of Ruin sourcebook
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  06:39:09  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does the piece on Aumvor mention the Crown of Horns?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Shemmy
Senior Scribe

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  06:44:03  Show Profile  Visit Shemmy's Homepage Send Shemmy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Based on the WotC May previews of Champions of Ruin, there were three feats mentioned therein: Hellbound Knight, Demonsworn Knight and Tormented Knight. The first is listed as having allegience to Baator, the 2nd one is self explanatory, but what is the Tormented Knight sworn to? Does it mention Yugoloths, or some other NE figure entirely?

Shemeska the Marauder, King of the Crosstrade; voted #1 best Arcanaloth in Sigil two hundred years running by the people who know what's best for them; chant broker; prospective Sigil council member next election; and official travel agent for Chamada Holiday specials LLC.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  06:51:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a good question Shem. I didn't notice that earlier when I read through the excerpts.

The possibility for yugoloth feats is interesting though... .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  06:57:08  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Does the piece on Aumvor mention the Crown of Horns?
Why yes. Yes it does.
Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  07:03:36  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SPOILER ALERT!

quote:
Originally posted by Shemmy

what is the Tormented Knight sworn to? Does it mention Yugoloths, or some other NE figure entirely?
"You are inexorably bound to the loathsome yugoloths that lurk in the Barrens of Doom and Despair" it makes any weapon you wield an evil weapon and does charisma damage to outsiders.

Shemmy, you will also love this: Malkizid, turns, out is a yugoloth lord!

I am thinking you will also very much dig the story of Niss'nley.
Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  07:08:33  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, and there is another yugoloth feat. "Scion of Sorrow". You bind yourself to a yugoloth lord in exchange for certain bonuses.

Both feats are vile.
Go to Top of Page

Shemmy
Senior Scribe

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  07:47:56  Show Profile  Visit Shemmy's Homepage Send Shemmy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gray Richardson

SPOILER ALERT!

quote:

what is the Tormented Knight sworn to? Does it mention Yugoloths, or some other NE figure entirely?
"You are inexorably bound to the loathsome yugoloths that lurk in the Barrens of Doom and Despair" it makes any weapon you wield an evil weapon and does charisma damage to outsiders.

Shemmy, you will also love this: Malkizid, turns, out is a yugoloth lord!

I am thinking you will also very much dig the story of Niss'nley.

[Sean Connery on SNL Celebrity Jeopardy] MY TIME HAS COME! [/Sean Connery on SNL Celebrity Jeopardy]

Ok, the book has sold itself to me now. Despite the rather blase' previews and excerpts so far I'm now going out to buy the book tommorow if the stores around me have it. :)

Shemeska the Marauder, King of the Crosstrade; voted #1 best Arcanaloth in Sigil two hundred years running by the people who know what's best for them; chant broker; prospective Sigil council member next election; and official travel agent for Chamada Holiday specials LLC.
Go to Top of Page

Torkwaret
Seeker

Poland
82 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  08:57:25  Show Profile Send Torkwaret a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very, very interesting

I've a couple of questiond myself

1. Could you tell something about Eltab (does he have Spelllikes for example )and this Thrall of Eltab ??
2. When you say Soneillon has an epic CR, do you mean it's above 30 ?!?!? (The same question about the Elder Evils too)
3. There is a pic of a creature I judged to be Bazim-Gorag on the WOTC website (one of the worst pics I have ever seen ), does it appear in the book ?? What about pics of other Legends of Evil ??
4. What are Justice of Weald and Woe and Night Mask Deathbringer PrC's ?? A brief description perhaps ??
5. Those Epic spells ??

Well, that would be all (for now )
Thanks !!

...Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin...

Edited by - Torkwaret on 06 May 2005 10:47:00
Go to Top of Page

edbonny
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  13:36:24  Show Profile  Visit edbonny's Homepage Send edbonny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
So what's the dirt on Aumvor the Undying, loosely who is he and what's his history that's given. I've only heard of a brief mention of his name before and that's it.

Also, how expansive is the material on the Elder Eternal Evils and the archfiends that get presented?

On Aumvor:
> Just over 3 pages of text. One piece of art (looks like a nupperibo in royal regalia).
> A History of Aumvor which mentions his niece, Morasha.
> His Lair in the Lonely Moor
> His active although secret involvement with those of Netherese descent
> His concerns over the return of Shade.
> A template for his Living Zombies

Elder Eternal Evils (in addition to what is mentioned above)
> 3 pages on Dendar; 4 pages on Kezef; 2.5 pages on Ityak-ortheel
> Adventures sites for Dendar and Kezef with 1/2 page map of the Caverns of the Serpent Mother; 1/2 page map for the Death Shallows

Edited by - edbonny on 06 May 2005 13:47:25
Go to Top of Page

edbonny

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  13:43:44  Show Profile  Visit edbonny's Homepage Send edbonny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Osieu
Would you please tell me is there any new information about Sammaster? What's the Shadow Weave Node like? And is there anything new about the Shadow Weave(feats or prestige classes, maybe Initiates of Shar)? Finally, what's the stats of Aumvor the Undying?

Thank you very much!

Sammaster - Nothing terribly new on Sammaster or the cult. Like the Zhentarim, it is a quick snapshot of the Cult of the Dragon with Sammaster references peppered throughout.

Shadow Weave Node With the listing of the earth node in Underdark, nodes seem to be the trend on Faerun lately (CoR adds the Evil Node and the Shadow Weave Node).

The rare shadow weave nodes are pools of leaking Shadow Weave magic that: grant bonuses to effective caster levels; grant spells from the enchantment, illusion, and necromancy schools; and empower a shadow weave caster making him/her "stronger, faster, and more robust" on a successful Spellcraft check.

Aumvor the Undying is a lich, CR 34 with a few levels of Archmage and Netherese Arcanist thrown in.

Edited by - edbonny on 06 May 2005 14:17:22
Go to Top of Page

Ty
Learned Scribe

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  13:57:00  Show Profile  Visit Ty's Homepage Send Ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I realize that this may be slightly off topic but is there any information regarding what conceivably could be the most vile threat to the gnomes of Lantan...

Wooly Rupert... the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen? He is the greatest fear of those poor gnomes after all.

Seriously though, I've been thinking about running a campaign focusing on the Unapproachable East and I'm curious whether the book provides some tasty tidbits I can incorporate into my planned campaign.

As another aside, would it be safe to assume the Dungeon of Death may be some sort of evil node or shadow node?
Go to Top of Page

edbonny

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  14:16:58  Show Profile  Visit edbonny's Homepage Send edbonny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. Could you tell something about Eltab (does he have Spelllikes for example )and this Thrall of Eltab ??

Eltab
> 5.5 pages of text including the Thrall of Eltab.
> CR 28
> Has section on his stash of magic items (most acquired from ancient Narfell).
> Eltab's tougher spell-like abilities (Caster level 20) include despoil, symbol of fear, shapechange and utterdark (despoil and underdark are from Book of Vile Darkness)
> The Thrall is a 10 level PrC, d8, Fighter BAB, gets a special power every level plus a bonus feat or +1 level to existing spellcasting class every three levels after 1st.

2. When you say Soneillon has an epic CR, do you mean it's above 30 ?!?!? (The same question about the Elder Evils too)

I use the 3e rules for epic level meaning anything above 20.

Soneillon = CR 23 (her consort CR 21)
Dendar = CR 26
Kezef = CR 21
Ityak-Ortheel = CR 22

3. There is a pic of a creature I judged to be Bazim-Gorag on the WOTC website (one of the worst pics I have ever seen ), does it appear in the book ?? What about pics of other Legends of Evil ??

The artwork for BG is very nice, except that it does not look remotely like Bazim-Gorag. The slaad-lord's heads look like two red, feral earthworms. Simply put, it is a most unslaadlike piece of art. His distinctive look was defined on the cover art of Dungeon #101. I don't understand the extreme makeover.

The rest of the artwork is well done. Some of it is even quite impressive. The art for Ityak-Ortheel is very good but the creature's pose reminds me of bizarre art from Pink Floyd's album cover, The Wall.

4. What are Justice of Weald and Woe and Night Mask Deathbringer PrC's ?? A brief description perhaps ??

Justice of Weald and Woe - 10 level PrC blends the ranger with the assassin - class originated with the Eldreth Veluuthra (should have been called the Manhunter to make it sound more sinister); d8; Avg BAB; special abilities gained every level like sneak attack bonuses and death attack

Night Mask Deathbringer - 10 level PrC of "highly trained members of Westgate's thieves' guild" who use vampiric rites to empower themselves; d6; Avg BAB; Special abilities gained or improved upon at each level such as spider climb, invisibility, feral senses.

5. Those Epic spells ??

Most are big, bad epic necromancy or undead related spells
> 2 epic spells from Aumvor (fragmented philactery and soulshatter)
> Bonfire of Insanity (sounds too much like Bonfire of the Vanities) creates an evil rain cloud from the smoke of your bonfire. The rain that falls causes the dead to rise as ghouls and transforms living into ghouls.
> Cataract of Fire - epic flame strike
> Diluvial Torret - epic flame strike except with water
> Horrendous Dessication - Super horrid wilting
> Necromantic Singularity - opens a portal to the Negative Energy Plane allowing negative energy to flood into this world.

Edited by - edbonny on 06 May 2005 14:58:53
Go to Top of Page

edbonny

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  14:52:19  Show Profile  Visit edbonny's Homepage Send edbonny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ty
Seriously though, I've been thinking about running a campaign focusing on the Unapproachable East and I'm curious whether the book provides some tasty tidbits I can incorporate into my planned campaign.

As another aside, would it be safe to assume the Dungeon of Death may be some sort of evil node or shadow node?

Unapproachable East - Tidbits so far...
> There's a small, generic, evil adventure site called the Scarab Chamber that can be used in Mulhorand.
> The Thayan Gladiator is a cool PrC.
> The Pit of Many Colors - A shrine where Gilgeam's blood was spilt by Tiamat during the Time of Troubles.

Dungeon of Death - The Evil Places chapter is more of a generic overview of evil things that a DM can place in a campaign (nodes, shrines, site examples). The only evil node mentioned (and it is as an example) is in the High Forest south of Hellgate Keep and used by a lone fey'ri). I have not come across anything specifying the Dungeon of Death yet but I don't see why you couldn't add one.

Edited by - edbonny on 06 May 2005 14:53:00
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  15:08:52  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by edbonny

> The Thayan Gladiator is a cool PrC.
Anything in particular that makes the class "cool"?

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

edbonny

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  15:45:54  Show Profile  Visit edbonny's Homepage Send edbonny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I wasn't very helpful there, was I?

The Thayan Gladiator is cool because:
> It has d12 and a good BAB
> It's for anyone with a natural weapon attack
> You improve at each level with "Zulkir-enhanced" abilities.
> You become a nasty fighting machine capable of attacking as if your natural weapons were silver, adamantine, and magic PLUS you get some nice critical hit abilities.
> Amorous women and men will sneak into your hotel room under the pretense of being your spouse.
> Little kids will fight it out to be "you" when they play at gladiator.
> Your family and friends get boxseats whenever you are in the arena.

Edited by - edbonny on 06 May 2005 15:47:22
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  17:39:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ty

I realize that this may be slightly off topic but is there any information regarding what conceivably could be the most vile threat to the gnomes of Lantan...

Wooly Rupert... the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen? He is the greatest fear of those poor gnomes after all.

Nah, only tinker gnomes fear Wooly Rupert. He has no beef with regular gnomes, since they don't enslave his people and make spaham sandwiches out of them.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  17:40:52  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I wasn't very helpful there, was I?

The Thayan Gladiator is cool because:
> It has d12 and a good BAB
> It's for anyone with a natural weapon attack
> You improve at each level with "Zulkir-enhanced" abilities.
> You become a nasty fighting machine capable of attacking as if your natural weapons were silver, adamantine, and magic PLUS you get some nice critical hit abilities.
> Amorous women and men will sneak into your hotel room under the pretense of being your spouse.
> Little kids will fight it out to be "you" when they play at gladiator.
> Your family and friends get boxseats whenever you are in the arena.

Does it come with a good dental-plan or health-insurance, though?

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  17:43:27  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
So what's the dirt on Aumvor the Undying, loosely who is he and what's his history that's given. I've only heard of a brief mention of his name before and that's it.

Also, how expansive is the material on the Elder Eternal Evils and the archfiends that get presented?

On Aumvor:
> Just over 3 pages of text. One piece of art (looks like a nupperibo in royal regalia).
> A History of Aumvor which mentions his niece, Morasha.
> His Lair in the Lonely Moor
> His active although secret involvement with those of Netherese descent
> His concerns over the return of Shade.
> A template for his Living Zombies

Elder Eternal Evils (in addition to what is mentioned above)
> 3 pages on Dendar; 4 pages on Kezef; 2.5 pages on Ityak-ortheel
> Adventures sites for Dendar and Kezef with 1/2 page map of the Caverns of the Serpent Mother; 1/2 page map for the Death Shallows

That much lore on the Elder Eternal Evils? Color me impressed!

Just a few more hours until the book is in my hands...

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  17:49:59  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a little late but here's more previews:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20050505b&page=3

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  17:50:38  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The artwork for BG is very nice, except that it does not look remotely like Bazim-Gorag. The slaad-lord's heads look like two red, feral earthworms. Simply put, it is a most unslaadlike piece of art. His distinctive look was defined on the cover art of Dungeon #101. I don't understand the extreme makeover.

The rest of the artwork is well done. Some of it is even quite impressive. The art for Ityak-Ortheel is very good but the creature's pose reminds me of bizarre art from Pink Floyd's album cover, The Wall.
Oh agreed! The artwork for Bazim-Gorag is quite nice but it looks very different from B-G's very memorable picture in Dungeon 101. He doesn't look very slaadi or toady or amphibious at all, and like Ed said, the heads look like deranged earthworms with maybe angler fish faces.

But hey, he's a slaad. Maybe he likes to change up his look from time to time. He's got to be bored being imprisoned and all. It's not like he's got anything else to do.

As for the picture of Kezef, back in Powers & Pantheons he had sort of a mastiff or pit-bull thing going on. In CoR he looks much more like a wolf--that is, what parts of him are covered in flesh. They are very much playing up the maggots. It reminds me a lot of the infected Boar in Mononoke Hime (aka Princess Mononoke) with the black worms that writhed all about and seared the flesh of anyone it touched.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  17:56:49  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What artists were used for the interior artwork?
Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  18:04:01  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ty

Yes. 14 pages. CR 48. Posesses the artifact "Wheel of Death". Lairs in the Habitrail of Doom & Despair. Clerics can take the feat "Scion of Ill-Omen" in order to claim him as their divine patron and receive spells from him. He also has the Initiate Feat "Initiate of Wooly Rupert" that grants access to special hamster themed spells. He posess the domains: Gnaw, Fur, Luck, and Astrogation
Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  18:20:15  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

What artists were used for the interior artwork?

Thomas Baxa, Wayne England, Jason Engle, Ralph Horsley, Warren Mahy, Raven Mimura, William O'Connor, Luvio Parillo, & Marc Sasso have the interior art honors.
Go to Top of Page

Torkwaret
Seeker

Poland
82 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  18:40:23  Show Profile Send Torkwaret a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AAAAGGHHHH !!! !!! The Agony is Unbearable !!! The book is still on it's way to me !!! AAAAGGHHHH !!!

And seriously, thanks for being so incredibly helpful Ed and Gray !!

Since it seems good deeds such as this one make you feel very good (), I'll let you feel it one more time () !!

Here it goes:

1. I assume Eltab has his Death Gaze ready and alert, so my question is - how ?? (every round, how powerful, what level you have to be to survive) ??
2. Is a balor named Ndulu inside ?? If yes, is he equipped with some artifacts ??
3. Please give some more info on the Vile Feats (two or three not yet described here on the thread, some brief info)
4. Spill some beans on Malkizid (how he is depicted, how does he differ from a Solar he was suppesed to be, etc.)
5. The Elder Evils have pretty low CR's (barely above 20 ) ?? What's up with this ?? They were supposed to be Uber (Kezef bit Tyr's hand off)
6. And the last one, some info about the Krinth and Draegloth (any changes ??)

Thanks for all your wonderful input guys !!

Go to Top of Page

edbonny

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  19:34:55  Show Profile  Visit edbonny's Homepage Send edbonny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. I assume Eltab has his Death Gaze ready and alert, so my question is - how ?? (every round, how powerful, what level you have to be to survive) ??

The Death Gaze appears to be always "on" - 30 ft. radius, Fort DC 39 or die.

2. Is a balor named Ndulu inside ?? If yes, is he equipped with some artifacts ??

Haven't seen a balor named Ndulu yet but still reading.

3. Please give some more info on the Vile Feats (two or three not yet described here on the thread, some brief info)

Evil Brand: +2 on Diplomacy/Intimidate checks vs. evil folk
Evil Embraced: Get DR 10/good for 1 round

4. Spill some beans on Malkizid (how he is depicted, how does he differ from a Solar he was suppesed to be, etc.)

He is described as a former solar but has the subtype of baatezu. Nice art on p157 showing dark gray angelic-like wings, bird-clawed hands and feet, scarred face (the weeping brand), and horns jutting from the temples. "... he retains many of the abilities and characteristics of his original form..."

5. The Elder Evils have pretty low CR's (barely above 20 ) ?? What's up with this ?? They were supposed to be Uber (Kezef bit Tyr's hand off)

Tyr voluntarily placed his right hand in Kezef's mouth as part of a godly challenge/contest. It does not say who won or lost the challenge, but Tyr obviously failed a Wisdom check by agreeing to do it.

6. And the last one, some info about the Krinth and Draegloth (any changes ??)

I don't have the Monsters of Faerun on me but the draegloth has 6 HD (+4 EL) and as far as I recall is the same as the one in MoF. As mentioned before, there is a 10 level racial advancement chart for starting with a lower level character.

Krinth are Shadovar/Half-Shadow Demon offspring who work for/are enslaved by the citizens of Shade.
Go to Top of Page

Torkwaret
Seeker

Poland
82 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  20:01:26  Show Profile Send Torkwaret a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dear Ed !!

Back to Kezef - if not Mystra's help he would still be after Mask. How on earth is he supposed to be a threat to Mask with his CR

Evil Embraced - any description of the visual effect of using the feat ??

Evil Brand is in BOVD, give something new, pretty please

Dang !! What's Krinth's LA and CR modifier ?? Would seem very high based on what you just said.

Are there any hints about Faerunian Yugoloth Lords ?? (Inthracis, Kexxon)

Why did someone say that Malkizid is a Yugoloth Lord ??

Do Faerunian Fiend Lords grant spells ?? Could you give a sample ??

Is Soneillon a demon or a devil ?? What's up with her death knight ??

Any really cool spells ??

Edited by - Torkwaret on 06 May 2005 20:36:32
Go to Top of Page

edbonny

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  20:31:15  Show Profile  Visit edbonny's Homepage Send edbonny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Back to Kezef - if not Mystra's help he would still be after Mask. How on earth is he supposed to be a threat to Mask with his CR

Whatever the truth of the matter, CoR does not say. Kezef continues to plague Mask though.

Evil Brand is in BOVD, give something new, pretty please

There are only 8 Vile feats... I believe the other 6 besides the 2 I wrote appear above in other posts.

Dang !! What's Krinth's LA and CR modifier ?? Would seem very high based on what you just said.

Medium size; +2 Con/-2 Cha; darkvision; +1 Will saves; Cannot be shaken; Fave class - fighter (a few other racial bonuses too); LA +0

Are there any hints about Faerunian Yugoloth Lords ?? (Inthracis, Kexxon) Why did someone say that Malkizid is a Yugoloth Lord ??

Haven't seen anything on Intracis or Kexxon yet.

Malkizid was cast out of the Nine Hells and so he made a kingdom for himself in "the nameless pits of the yugoloths" making him both yugoloth lord and an archdevil in exile.

Do Faerunian Fiend Lords grant spells ?? Could you give a sample ??

It says Eltab and other archfiends do not normally grant spells, but they might act as a patron for a cleric with their domains... Eltab's domains include Chaos, Demonic, Evil, Hatred, and Retribution. Nothing else more specific than that.

Is Soneillon a demon or a devil ?? What's up with her death knight ??

She's a succubus. Her boyfriend is an ex-paladin death knight and former prince of Impiltur intent on reclaiming the throne.

Any really cool spells ??

There are quite a lot of arrow spells (arrowsplit, bloodfreeze arrow, brilliant energy arrow, darkflame arrow, doublestrike arrow, serpent arrow, shadow arrow, spellslayer arrow, woodwisp arrow). They are between 1st-4th level and seem to be designed for the new PrC Justice of Weald and Woe (although assassins, rangers, and sometimes druids can also cast them). Is that cool enough?

Edited by - edbonny on 06 May 2005 20:56:19
Go to Top of Page

Torkwaret
Seeker

Poland
82 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  20:37:58  Show Profile Send Torkwaret a Private Message  Reply with Quote
could you take one more peak at my last post, we made changes simultaneously

And thank ye for all the help !

Go to Top of Page

Ty
Learned Scribe

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  20:43:05  Show Profile  Visit Ty's Homepage Send Ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hrm... I'm sold. Looks like it has potential to find use in my games. Of course, it's not like I'd go without purchasing a new realms book anyway.

I'm such a sap. WotC must have cast domination on me under the old 1st edition rules.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  21:01:33  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got my copy. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000