Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Champions of Ruin sourcebook
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Torkwaret
Seeker

Poland
82 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  21:09:39  Show Profile Send Torkwaret a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok Ed that was superb of you !!

If you don't mind (and not irritated yet), the last two

1. Soneillon is a...advanced succubus, a succubus-like demon lord, a succubus with class levels ??

2. Could you do a brief (like earlier) of the Knight of Vengeance and Black Blood Cultist PrC's ??

I owe you a lot for all that help !! Hopefully I will be able to pay the debt sometime !

...Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin...
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2005 :  23:55:49  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

I got my copy. :)

As did I.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2005 :  00:03:04  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Torkwaret

2. Is a balor named Ndulu inside ?? If yes, is he equipped with some artifacts ??
Ndulu is in there, his history is intimately tied to Eltab and also Soneillon who was his consort for a time. He has (or had) a really cool Moaning Crown of Ndulu. They do not give stats for Ndulu, however there is a lot of flavor text involving him.
Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2005 :  00:10:01  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay this is cool! Three of the feats allow a cleric to make a pact with a fiend lord and get spells and domains from that fiendish patron.

The weird thing is that the feat entries themselves do not mention it, you have to read it in conjunction with the text on p.24. But read together the feats Scion of Sorrow, Disciple of Darkness and Thrall to Demon are really cool for evil clerics and let clerics worship and get spells from Yugoloth lords, Demon Princes and Archdevils respectively.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2005 :  02:21:12  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by edbonny

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Anything in particular that makes the class "cool"?

I wasn't very helpful there, was I?
I wouldn't say that. Your mentioning of the class was enough to pique my initial interest .

quote:
> You improve at each level with "Zulkir-enhanced" abilities.
These sound intriguing. Can anyone - Wooly, Kuje, Gray, or Ed - provide me with a basic run-down of the 'Zulkir abilities'?

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2005 :  02:48:00  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The SageThese sound intriguing. Can anyone - Wooly, Kuje, Gray, or Ed - provide me with a basic run-down of the 'Zulkir abilities'?

Increased armor class. Increase crit muliplier. A natural weapon get's a speciality ability, like fire, cold, shock, etc. At another level this increases to another power. Weapon mastery. Over come damage reductions. stunning an enemy and a few other abilities.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Osieu
Acolyte

26 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2005 :  04:32:22  Show Profile  Visit Osieu's Homepage Send Osieu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much edbonny!

I've heard of the feat Initiate of Shar, can you please tell me what it grants? Or are there any other Shadow Weave related feats?

I'm very curious about the two new organization, Cults of the Moon & The Unworthy of Ilsensine. Would you please tell me some details about them?

And what's the prestige class Shade Hunter for? Do thay hunt shades or hunt for shades?

Thank you again!
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2005 :  04:49:08  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What initate Feats are there in CoR?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2005 :  04:56:39  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Initiate Feats of Ghaunadaur, Gruumsh, Kossuth, Loviatar, Shar, Varae, and Wooly Rupert.
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2005 :  05:19:04  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gray Richardson

Initiate Feats of Ghaunadaur, Gruumsh, Kossuth, Loviatar, Shar, Varae, and Wooly Rupert.

LOL.

Oh man, I heard that last one is a real nasty piece of work. (whispers) Rumours are that he slaughtered a whole temple full of Banites when one of them talked about his momma and an orc... Lol.

JK, Wooly!

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2005 :  05:37:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not evil... Just mischievous.

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2005 :  06:47:19  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Umm didnt we get an Intiate of Loviator in Shining south?

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2005 :  08:26:20  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:

Indeed we did. It's on pg. 20 .

Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2005 :  16:52:44  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Well neither is Kossuth evil, but it's in there I guess for those people who want to take you as their patron god.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2005 :  19:29:58  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Well neither is Kossuth evil, but it's in there I guess for those people who want to take you as their patron god.

I can dig being someone's patron deity.

Go to Top of Page

Wil_Upchurch
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2005 :  21:30:20  Show Profile  Visit Wil_Upchurch's Homepage Send Wil_Upchurch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Hey, to be fair, I couldn't have known that when I wrote it. :)

Wil Upchurch
15th-Level Freelancer
magewebmaster@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2005 :  01:35:10  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How is it we didnt get a Initiate of Lolth feat?

Are there any Web Enhancements for CoR?

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2005 :  01:54:11  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wil_Upchurch

quote:

quote:

Hey, to be fair, I couldn't have known that when I wrote it. :)

Greetings Mr Upchurch. I am pleased to see you have made your way here to Candlekeep .

Perhaps you should petition Alaundo to create a personal questions scroll of your own to be placed in the Chamber of Sages. There will undoubtedly be many interesting questions about your work forthcoming... .

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2005 :  02:40:57  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Are there any Web Enhancements for CoR?

Not yet. Prolly in another week...

Go to Top of Page

Wil_Upchurch

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2005 :  05:58:45  Show Profile  Visit Wil_Upchurch's Homepage Send Wil_Upchurch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Greetings Mr Upchurch. I am pleased to see you have made your way here to Candlekeep .

Perhaps you should petition Alaundo to create a personal questions scroll of your own to be placed in the Chamber of Sages. There will undoubtedly be many interesting questions about your work forthcoming... .

Glad to be here. I'll leave it up to him if he wants to create that thread...who knows if I'll be working on anything Realms-related in the future, so I'm sure there won't be that many questions. :)

Wil Upchurch
15th-Level Freelancer
magewebmaster@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

Prince Forge of Avalon
Learned Scribe

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2005 :  06:05:54  Show Profile  Visit Prince Forge of Avalon's Homepage Send Prince Forge of Avalon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dear Wil,

Here's hoping that you ARE involved in future FR supplements your work on the Midnight campaign is stellar.

PFoA
Go to Top of Page

Wil_Upchurch

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2005 :  07:37:31  Show Profile  Visit Wil_Upchurch's Homepage Send Wil_Upchurch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Prince Forge of Avalon

Dear Wil,

Here's hoping that you ARE involved in future FR supplements your work on the Midnight campaign is stellar.

PFoA

Thanks a bunch, though I'm sure the fine folks here are more interested in how well I do the Realms. :P

Wil Upchurch
15th-Level Freelancer
magewebmaster@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2005 :  07:50:43  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Glad to be here. I'll leave it up to him if he wants to create that thread...who knows if I'll be working on anything Realms-related in the future, so I'm sure there won't be that many questions. :)

Yeah but youve got a FR Dungeon module coming up!

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2005 :  08:00:50  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes... Which issue is it in?

Go to Top of Page

Wil_Upchurch

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2005 :  09:01:29  Show Profile  Visit Wil_Upchurch's Homepage Send Wil_Upchurch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can't say. :)

Wil Upchurch
15th-Level Freelancer
magewebmaster@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2005 :  09:05:12  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well met

Indeed, welcome to Candlekeep 'tis a pleasure to have ye within the library. I have cleared out a chamber ready for thee in which to accept bombardments of lore requests

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2005 :  04:53:29  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I dont suppose some lucky person who has CoR could post the contents page with page numbers so we could see how many pages each topic in COR has been given?

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2005 :  05:05:59  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I dont suppose some lucky person who has CoR could post the contents page with page numbers so we could see how many pages each topic in COR has been given?

Intro pages 4 to 7
Races pages 8 to 16
Feats pages 17 to 25
Spells pages 26 to 37
Epic Spells pages 37 to 39
Magic Items pages 40 to 43
Prestige Classes pages 44 to 71
Evil Organizations pages 72 to 94
Evil Places pages 95 to 112
Encounters with Evil pages 113 to 124
Champions of Evil pages 125 to 157

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 09 May 2005 05:09:28
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2005 :  05:36:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do gotta say that it's nice to for once be the person who has the book in hand, instead of being the person who's waiting for it.

The latter has happened far too many times... I believe this is the first time the former has happened..

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2005 :  05:36:30  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

Intro pages 4 to 7
Races pages 8 to 16
Feats pages 17 to 25
Spells pages 26 to 37
Epic Spells pages 37 to 39
Magic Items pages 40 to 43
Prestige Classes pages 44 to 71
Evil Organizations pages 72 to 94
Evil Places pages 95 to 112
Encounters with Evil pages 113 to 124
Champions of Evil pages 125 to 157

Hmmm have to say Im abit disappointed with only 22 pages for Evil organisations. I was hoping they'd expand on LOD a\some in CoR, I was particularly hoping for a 1374 Organsation chart for the Zhents

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page