Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Congratulations!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2003 :  17:44:03  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah! A gold-plated quill of everlasting ink, complete with an unseen servant enchantment for a hands-free notetaking ability! ::scratchs out an item on his Christmas wish list::

However, I must say that I'm sorely lacking in the Realmslore department . . . so I feel kind of funny being called a "Master" of Realmslore. I didn't really think of it until I checked my email before coming here and found a fellow scribe asking for help on Realmslore. I had to tell him that I didn't know anything about the period he was asking of . . . .

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2003 :  20:16:04  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Bookwyrm

How can you say that, you and the Sage are reknowned for your knowledge here at Candlekeep! You cant possibly know EVERYTHING about the Realms (unless youre Ed Greenwood ), so dont be so hard on yourself. Youre a great asset to this place, keep it up!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2003 :  18:18:55  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

Indeed another scribe enters the Chamber of Learned Scribes - this time being none other than William of Waterdeep.

Congratulations on your promotion Oh, here comes your list of tasks, scrolls to decipher and tomes to study

::wanders off whistling a jolly tune::

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2003 :  17:00:43  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i believe ArionElinim has also been promoted to the ranks of learned scribe as well congrats

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2003 :  17:22:28  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Trafaldi

i believe ArionElinim has also been promoted to the ranks of learned scribe as well congrats

Well met

Indeed, congratulations ArionElenim..... our resident elven expert A well deserved place has been made for you within the Learned Scribes chamber.

Ill have to get those craftsman working faster....those new desks are needed so quickly these days

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2003 :  18:10:57  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My thanks for the hearty congratulations!!! Does this mean I've been promoted from my former "Head Tome Duster" position?

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  02:19:55  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well Met

Indeed another scribe enters the Chamber of Learned Scribes - this time being none other than William of Waterdeep.

Congratulations on your promotion Oh, here comes your list of tasks, scrolls to decipher and tomes to study

::wanders off whistling a jolly tune::

I can't believe I missed this Alaundo!!!! I would be late for my own funeral if it were possible.
Tasks,scrolls to decipher and tomes to study...I er um ,did I hear someone call me.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  14:06:03  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Although it is late, congratulations Arion, we all expect more help from you now and then
I already congratualed william

Punish me if you will, for my hands are not clean. But deny me not my revenge!"
-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  17:03:23  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, so many shiny new badges . . . any more scribes like this, and you can save on the cost of light spells, Alaundo! We could work off the reflections alone!

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2003 :  09:20:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Moves to her new desk.*

It's very crowded in here, Alaundo...
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2003 :  16:57:17  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

*Moves to her new desk.*

It's very crowded in here, Alaundo...

Well Met and indeed congratulations, Arivia Ohhhh im sure its not that crowded in there at all.... I havent had all your new scrolls and tomes delivered yet

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2003 :  09:16:25  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"This is most wonderful indeed, another great scribe has joined the inner-circle of sages here at the library".

Seriously, congratulations on your recent promotion Arivia. I apologise for the delayed response, however I have been busy these past few days following (and taking notes) a particularly unique Arcanoloth (with every intention of filing a detailed report with the library once completed...okay Alaundo? ), that is believed to be responsible for a recent series of robberies in the Lady's Ward of Sigil. It has been a very hot and extraordinarily dry affair...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 12 Nov 2003 09:18:16
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2003 :  06:20:32  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats Mumadar on your new position.

And I was just curious Alaundo not that I count how many posts I make per day and all...
What are all the levels of scribing from novice upwards and how many posts do you need to reach that level?
Coz I was just happiliy posting away when I noticed that I'm suddenly an Apprentice Scribe and not a Novice anymore. Not very attentive, am I.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2003 :  09:04:33  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, the rank question. Yes. Here at Candlekeep, we recognize the seniority of scribes, basing this system solely on how much that scribe has published and contributed to study within these walls. This is easily shown by the number and color of stars on a scribe's desk, and by the title a scribe is granted to sign to his or her work.

Any scribe must have 15 scrolls to his or her credit to be accepted as a novice, at which the scribe is given a desk in one of the study halls. After 75 scrolls, a scribe may be promoted to full apprentice status and given greater access to resources within the library.

After some time at this level (typically once one has penned 350 scrolls), a scribe is fully recogized for his or her skills and given a private desk away from the main study halls. Of these learned scribes, some few are recognized for their accomplishments and given senior status; however, this is only awarded after at least 1,000 scrolls have been penned and shelved in the library.

The rank of master comes after twice as much effort, but by that time such ranks are more honorific than anything else; a way of keeping score, if you will.

However, one should always note that any writing done "off-duty," as it were, is not normally accepted as fullfilling one's duties as scribe. Thus, scribes in the taprooms at the Inn, or in the lounge where we welcome newcomers, are considered to have "punched out" and are working on their own time.

That answer it?

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2003 :  10:16:25  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Thank you Bookwyrm, absolutely beautifully explained

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2003 :  10:20:12  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::bows::

At least now you know I can still post in-character, hmm?

Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2003 :  10:02:51  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanx Bookwyrm that was very informative.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  12:32:49  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations to Ezindir the Dark for becomine one of the Learned!

Hey, I gotta like this guy. He's got such good tastes in quotes to put in his profile.

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  17:44:26  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bookwyrm!!
And for the quote, it is perfect for me when people sak me why I do know so little about PC even tought I use 2-3 hours in front of it every day.

Learn about the Ways of Vhaeraun .
- Check out my bio, majore update
- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  17:52:12  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I already congratulated you, but why not do it again?!?!? Congrats Ezindir. Alaundo will be along with your new duty list soon enough...... Even I got one!!!!

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  18:16:53  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met and indeed congratulations, Ezindir the dark

Yet another scribe to share the load.....we'll be caught up on these Realmslore tasks in no time

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  18:30:40  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ach, I should just return to the Underdark, where we Vhaeraunites can plot the Death of Lolth. At least if I escape to the Night Below I can shirk my duties......

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2004 :  16:14:04  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Ahhhhh, yet again congratulations are in order, a rare one this time, as Rad becomes a Senior Scribe and joins zemd in the Senior Scribes chamber. zemd has been very quiet of late, maybe the isolation has brought on insanity!?

Still, im sure there is plenty of work to be done within Off you go Rad....go on, im sure it will be fine in there

Alaundo

Edited by - Alaundo on 12 Feb 2004 16:18:00
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2004 :  21:17:45  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the congratulations Alaundo, although if it means more work and more studies then im not sure I....... ok, ok, im going!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2004 :  02:24:12  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations to you Rad, this is indeed a worthy promotion...

Now, I suggest you try to look more busy than you actually are. With zemd's on-again, off-again commitment to his duties here at Candlekeep, Alaundo will always be looking to off-load ever more increasing amounts of work, and unfortunately the Senior Scribes are often his first target...

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

0 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2004 :  17:53:57  Show Profile  Visit n/a's Homepage Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone; I'm new, and I'm called X. I was, at one time, called Exilion, but I have been repented by Pendangorth, and now I'm a real realmslore fan. Happy researching!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2004 :  08:32:13  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope that this is truly the case Exilion...X. I'm sure the master Alaundo will be along shortly to address you directly on how proper conduct (and respect) is important here in Candlekeep...now more than ever...

Good learning...and please, do not draw on the tapestries

Edited by - The Sage on 14 Feb 2004 08:33:28
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2004 :  10:30:01  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, X

Take heed of The Sage's words! Thou shalt be respectful and behave in an orderly manner whilst in the library! Now, what tasks can I give you to keep you out of trouble?.......

CARDINAL...... do we have any spare brooms!

Welcome, once again, to Candlekeep, X.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2004 :  19:50:33  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As always. We have plenty of mops, brooms and buckets for cleaning use... Strange... We always figured that when we reached a rank of Learned Scribe we would be an essential part of the Keep. Instead we end up lead Scibe incharge of All cleaning duties and supplies within the keep... Oh well... With out us this keep would dfall into the dust and dirt from which it sprang... But yes.. the cleaning closets are all well stocked...

And welcome to you X we hope you find all that you seek within these hallowed halls...

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown

Edited by - The Cardinal on 14 Feb 2004 19:53:17
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2004 :  15:35:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would just like to take this opportunity to congratulate Sirius Black for his recent promotion to Learned Scribe. Please make the newest devotee of Realmslore welcome as he takes his a place within the inner circle (a new 'cubicle'), here at Candlekeep. I'm sure Alaundo will be along any moment now to congratulate you himself, and assign to you some new and interesting tasks...

Keep the Realmslore coming Sirius, and good learning...

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000