Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Congratulations!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2004 :  19:49:24  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, it's good to see the productive members of our little home away from home getting the ranks they deserve.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2004 :  21:17:09  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I hope that this is truly the case Exilion...X. I'm sure the master Alaundo will be along shortly to address you directly on how proper conduct (and respect) is important here in Candlekeep...now more than ever...

Good learning...and please, do not draw on the tapestries

You keep bringing the tapestries up, Sage. Just because I used one for a napkin at the dinner..... Oh, oops......

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2004 :  23:43:59  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Apologies for my late arrival....

Indeed congratulations are in order, SiriusBlack Im sure you'll receive a big welcome (as well as a big work task list ) in your new position

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2004 :  13:37:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowlord

quote:

I hope that this is truly the case Exilion...X. I'm sure the master Alaundo will be along shortly to address you directly on how proper conduct (and respect) is important here in Candlekeep...now more than ever...

Good learning...and please, do not draw on the tapestries

You keep bringing the tapestries up, Sage. Just because I used one for a napkin at the dinner..... Oh, oops......

It's not that big a deal I suppose...I write myself notes, story ideas, in fact just about anything that pops into my mind that I want to remember later, down on napkins, curtains, rugs...It's part of the reason I now carry a small notebook around with me where ever I go. Make no mistake...da Vinci was onto something .

Besides...it also cuts down on curtain and carpet cleaning...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2004 :  16:25:40  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I would just like to take this opportunity to congratulate Sirius Black for his recent promotion to Learned Scribe.

Thank you for noticing The Sage and to everyone else for their messages. This community is by far the friendliest place online I've been to in quite awhile. Thus, it's no surprise I've become a Learned Scribe. When one feels welcomed, one does not hesitate to contribute to a discussion. Thank you again for making me feel welcomed today and every other day since I joined.
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2004 :  17:47:41  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is no problem, Sirius. Also, Congratulations!

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2004 :  23:14:17  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

It's not that big a deal I suppose...I write myself notes, story ideas, in fact just about anything that pops into my mind that I want to remember later, down on napkins, curtains, rugs...It's part of the reason I now carry a small notebook around with me where ever I go. Make no mistake...da Vinci was onto something .

You're telling me. A bit over two years ago, my father got me a PDA for Christmas. My first thought, of course was "What the heck am I going to do with this thing?" The reason he'd gotten it for me was for me to have a pocket organizer (I'm one of the most disorganized people you'll ever meet, on- or offline). Yet I didn't really use it until that summer.

Why? Well, I would be carrying a laptop with me wherever I'd go, and especially to school. I started because I needed to use it for a presentation, but when I realized the wonderful ease it provided in class, especially for taking notes (except in math classes, of course), it became a permanant feature. Then, after my first full semester of laptop-usage, my mother took over its use. (She's handicapped and bed-ridden most of the time, though less so now. The Internet was a blessing for her, and the laptop meant she didn't have to sit up (which hurt) . . . once, of course, she learned how to turn on the arcane device. )

I didn't have a problem with that, since my main use for it was outside the house, and during that summer I mostly used my desktop. Yet I found that there was one thing that didn't work. When I actually did go out, if I thought of something for a story or other project, I was lible to forget it. At school I just pulled out the laptop; before then, I had a notebook just for personal notes. But unless I were carrying my backpack (with my notebook inside) to the grocery store, it didn't help.

The solution, of course, was the PDA. I've rarely used the calandar feature, but the memo section is full of notes, whether for particular stories, or general notes, or even things to post here on Candlekeep. Anytime a thought hit me, I could simply whip it out of my pocket and jot it down. Then when I got home, it could be tranfered to any computer with the connection of a cable and the touch of a button. Wonderful device.

I kind of think of it as the real world's version of a blessed book.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2004 :  09:28:18  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Congratulations to Purple Dragon Knight for reaching the level of Learned Scribe A very worthy promotion indeed for thyself. Thank ye for all your contributions to the library and I hope ye continue to share thy lore with us herein.

::snatches back the half drunk glass of wine::
Now, back to thy Realmslore studies

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2004 :  05:05:19  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats PDK. Now that I defeated that nasty hurricane I can back to my studies and can hopefully achieve such an honorable status as Learned Scribe someday.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2004 :  08:36:52  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Ahh, congratulations, hammer of Moradin, for thou hast reached the status of Senior Scribe Now, let me show thee to thy new desk...and thy new pile of scrolls and tomes to work through

Alaundo

Edited by - Alaundo on 22 Nov 2004 08:38:04
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2004 :  14:42:45  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FINALLY, a NEW desk, and it is full... of... paperwork.............. Oh well, with great power comes more paperwork.
***Sits down at desk and begins scribbling, uh, I mean scribing***

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2004 :  18:07:44  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Ahh, no sooner has hammer of Moradin put his feet under his desk, than he is joined by Hymn Congratulations on reaching Senior Scribe, Hymn

Alaundo

Edited by - Alaundo on 23 Nov 2004 18:08:32
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2004 :  18:06:45  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pull up a chair Hymn, there's plenty of paperwork. Congrats.

Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2004 :  14:02:43  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just made it in too. No paperwork for me Alaundo.
My promotion better come with excellent benefits and a personal slave to make my coffee.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2004 :  14:34:36  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lina

My promotion better come with excellent benefits and a personal slave to make my coffee.

Does being your slave have any benefits?

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2004 :  14:45:57  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well met

Aye, congratulations indeed, Lina

Oh worry not, for there are many benifits of your new role, like this vast amount of new tomes and scrolls to research

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2004 :  14:47:20  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Back to thy desk, Wooly Rupert ..and keep thy hands to thyself in future

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2004 :  15:55:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Back to thy desk, Wooly Rupert ..and keep thy hands to thyself in future

Ah, Big Al, you take all the fun out of life!

Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2004 :  05:00:42  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Lina. Now, if I give you half of my paperwork, not including the half I gave Hymn, that will do nicely since I can see most of my desk now.

Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2004 :  12:40:00  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hammer of Moradin

Congratulations Lina. Now, if I give you half of my paperwork, not including the half I gave Hymn, that will do nicely since I can see most of my desk now.

Easy way to get rid of paperwork... Fireball!
Ooops, Alaundo I accidently did it again. (After doing that once or twice Al will definitly keep any flammables out of your reach).

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2004 :  07:37:52  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unbeknownst to Lina and Hammer, but of course knownst to us, Alaundo's wards against fire magic are completely secure; what actually happened was a magical trap to make scribes think they had destroyed their work with a powerful illusion spell. Alaundo is very protective of the work he assigns . . . and this way, he gets to deliver the work afresh again and again. 'Tis indeed, the gift that keeps on giving . . . well, Alaudno keeps giving, anyway.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2004 :  07:47:09  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By decree of Alaundo, High Sage and Supreme Muckidymuck of Candlekeep, the scribe known as Wooly Rupert, also known as the Mischief-Maker, also known as the Furry One, is summoned before this court to answer for his actions.

Wooly Rupert, it is the finding of this court that you are guilty of the charge of surpassing 2,000 scrolls submitted to this august library. As such, there is no other recourse left to this court but to promote you to Great Reader and sentence you to work at a desk which shall be provided to you, there to spend the rest of your days filling out the paperwork assigned to you.

The accused shall be remanded into the custody of the High Sage's office and begin his sentence immediately. This court is adjourned.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2004 :  09:13:42  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Well met

Excellent, Bookwyrm

Congratulations indeed, Wooly Rupert. 'tis certainly well deserved. A pleasure to have ye within that library

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2004 :  11:17:36  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wyrmy, Big Al, thank you!

Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2004 :  02:18:41  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

By decree of Alaundo, High Sage and Supreme Muckidymuck of Candlekeep, the scribe known as Wooly Rupert, also known as the Mischief-Maker, also known as the Furry One, is summoned before this court to answer for his actions.

Wooly Rupert, it is the finding of this court that you are guilty of the charge of surpassing 2,000 scrolls submitted to this august library. As such, there is no other recourse left to this court but to promote you to Great Reader and sentence you to work at a desk which shall be provided to you, there to spend the rest of your days filling out the paperwork assigned to you.

The accused shall be remanded into the custody of the High Sage's office and begin his sentence immediately. This court is adjourned.

Sounds like a very harsh sentence. All you need to do now is to confine him in his cell and keep it under lock and key

-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2004 :  05:27:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Sounds like a very harsh sentence. All you need to do now is to confine him in his cell and keep it under lock and key

Easier said than done.

Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2004 :  03:31:53  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, oh Wooly One!

Melfius
Pixie-Priest of Puck and
Bestower of Cool Titles

Melfius, Pixie-Priest of Puck - Head Chef, The Faerie Kitchen, Candlekeep Inn
"What's in his pockets, besides me?"
Read a tale of my earlier days! - Happiness Comes in Small Packages
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2004 :  04:56:03  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Melfius

Congratulations, oh Wooly One!

Melfius
Pixie-Priest of Puck and
Bestower of Cool Titles

Thank you, Melfie!

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2004 :  07:46:26  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I suppose congratulations are in order for your recent (mischievous) efforts, my furry friend .

You are a welcome addition to the Great Reader ranks here at Candlekeep. Of course, because you now hold the lowest tier in this new position, you are now automatically assigned all the duties that both the Bookwyrm and myself do not think befit out glorious stations.

So, expect my ever-useful dwarven assistant, Brax, to be along shortly with a nice old wheel-barrow chock full of scrolly-goodness for you to catalogue before day's end .

Congratulations again, I'm sure you'll come to welcome the "great" benefits that come with such a rank .

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 19 Dec 2004 07:47:46
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2004 :  14:17:15  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes, I suppose congratulations are in order for your recent (mischievous) efforts, my furry friend .

You are a welcome addition to the Great Reader ranks here at Candlekeep. Of course, because you now hold the lowest tier in this new position, you are now automatically assigned all the duties that both the Bookwyrm and myself do not think befit out glorious stations.

So, expect my ever-useful dwarven assistant, Brax, to be along shortly with a nice old wheel-barrow chock full of scrolly-goodness for you to catalogue before day's end .

Congratulations again, I'm sure you'll come to welcome the "great" benefits that come with such a rank .

Thank you, Sage!

But do you really want to pawn your work off on someone you know to be mischievous? The results could prove... interesting.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000