Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 City of Splendors: A Novel of Waterdeep
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2005 :  07:47:34  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Huh? The novel is released already? Oh great, looks like I must again make another staggering trip to the far flung bookstore.

quote:
Originally posted by RedStrike

Worse still, for me, in my country, the novel was supposed to have been released, yet I and my friends are still scouring the country bookstores for the book.

Well, here's one more who is still searching for it.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2005 :  08:45:49  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The book is out here in the UK (released yesterday) and i'll be heading down to my FLGS later

::runs around in circles in an overly-excited state::

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Edited by - Lord Rad on 18 Aug 2005 08:46:11
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2005 :  08:53:07  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

So,

Am I still the only one, in the States, that hasn't been able to find this novel yet? :) Walks away grumbling about local bookstores.

I've not seen it, either.

Bah, I've not seen Realms of the Dragons II or The Farthest Reach yet Oh the misery!

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2005 :  17:38:23  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Damnation. :( Well least I know I'm not alone in my misery.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2005 :  18:01:36  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Indeed. This novel is one of the three I've been most looking forward to for 2005. (Before anyone asks, the other two aren't Realms novels.)

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2005 :  18:27:58  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Melfius

I ain't seen it, either.

I got the novel from Hastings and I don't even live in a major U.S. city. Plus, one of my fellow gamers received her online order for the novel earlier this week. So, it's out there, just apparently not easily found in some locations.

SB
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2005 :  18:29:33  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I picked up my copy just now on my lunch break, and it's a beautiful tome. By the way, I can't wait for you all to see the dedication Elaine hinted at earlier.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2005 :  19:14:00  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xysma

I picked up my copy just now on my lunch break, and it's a beautiful tome. By the way, I can't wait for you all to see the dedication Elaine hinted at earlier.

Enjoy the book. My fellow gamer also thought the dedication was very nice.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2005 :  02:08:27  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
You're definitely not alone Kuje.

But spare a thought for those Ed and Elaine fans here in Australia who have yet to even learn of a "release" date for the novel .

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Indeed. This novel is one of the three I've been most looking forward to for 2005. (Before anyone asks, the other two aren't Realms novels.)
Because I'm curious, what were the other two?

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2005 :  21:58:24  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got my copy, yay! Now I'm just trying to hunt down the new issue of Dragon.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2005 :  22:00:39  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Grrr . . . I was just out at Border's and Barnes and Noble and didn't see it at either of them.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2005 :  23:15:51  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Grrr . . . I was just out at Border's and Barnes and Noble and didn't see it at either of them.

Mine was at Barnes but the local Barnes. :)

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2005 :  23:29:19  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, my fiance might not appreciate me taking the road trip to your stores from central Illinois Kuje . . .
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2005 :  00:20:05  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yeah, my fiance might not appreciate me taking the road trip to your stores from central Illinois Kuje . . .

:). Well yeah, and since they only had 2 copies and I bought 1 of the 2..... I think your screwed if you try that. :)

But my point was this: Barnes does have it, so keep trying.

Edited by - Kuje on 20 Aug 2005 00:20:32
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2005 :  00:23:48  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I got it . . . just trying to sneak out when I can since wedding planning (and jitters) have reached critical mass since we are down to one week now.
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2005 :  06:22:25  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got it myself. I was wondering, is the spacing between the top of the page and the first line of every page unusually large/wide to anyone else?

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2005 :  10:28:16  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Well it certainly seems that this tome has made a wide appearance. Now, get reading and lets hear thy comments and reviews

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2005 :  04:28:47  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No one else has an unusually large top margin?

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2005 :  14:56:36  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yeah, I got it . . . just trying to sneak out when I can since wedding planning (and jitters) have reached critical mass since we are down to one week now.

From one who's just gone through a wedding - Just remember that the wedding and the reception are not about you. :) I had always heard that, and didn't believe it, but it's true.

You'll be fine KEJR - the ceremony is the best part. :)

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2005 :  15:18:18  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh heh, thanks Crennen . . .
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2005 :  16:49:13  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

No one else has an unusually large top margin?

Since we've been ignoring you. :) Yes, mine does have a large top margin.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2005 :  17:27:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

From one who's just gone through a wedding - Just remember that the wedding and the reception are not about you. :) I had always heard that, and didn't believe it, but it's true.

You'll be fine KEJR - the ceremony is the best part. :)

C-Fb

Well, I'm not married, but I always thought the honeymoon was the best part...

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2005 :  17:32:18  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cough,

I'm to blame but let's get back on topic!.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2005 :  06:28:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
George, Dargoth...

Australian shipping agents now list CoS as available.

Which is good... because it means my order should be here very SOON! .

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2005 :  06:40:38  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very good novel so far. :) I'm about 100 pages in and, as usual for FR novels, it'll be a quick read for me. I'll probably be done by Wen's night.

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2005 :  07:10:08  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

George, Dargoth...

That means I can expect it by Xmas. Awesome!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2005 :  08:36:29  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

George, Dargoth...

Which is good... because it means my order should be here very SOON! .

Whats the damage for CoS in Oz? Seeing as its a Hardcover I imagine it will be around 40-50 bucks

Edit *Choke!*

The Preorder prince is 59.95 at Galaxy bookstore!!

http://www.galaxybooks.com.au/items.asp?id=329601

Needless to say this will be another Amazon job

You know I really should start sending the shipments invoices from my Amazon orders to my local FLGs just to show them how much buisness their loosing due their gouging

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 23 Aug 2005 08:43:11
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2005 :  14:04:28  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Whats the damage for CoS in Oz? Seeing as its a Hardcover I imagine it will be around 40-50 bucks

Edit *Choke!*

The Preorder prince is 59.95 at Galaxy bookstore!!

http://www.galaxybooks.com.au/items.asp?id=329601

Needless to say this will be another Amazon job

You know I really should start sending the shipments invoices from my Amazon orders to my local FLGs just to show them how much buisness their loosing due their gouging

I'm ordering it from my regular agent, which means I get my usual discount.

CoS is listed at $50.00 AUS, but I'll be picking it up for $34.95 .

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2005 :  23:08:51  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I could live with 30-35 dollars thats about the same price as I'd pay for a regular Non WOTC Hardcover at a book store. 50 (and now 60) bucks is absurd

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2005 :  23:35:29  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

I could live with 30-35 dollars thats about the same price as I'd pay for a regular Non WOTC Hardcover at a book store. 50 (and now 60) bucks is absurd

If it makes you feel any better, it's a HUGE book! I don't have it yet but I did see it in the store but was unable to purchase it at the time. It's very thick, thicker than Evermeet:Island of Elves, I believe. Can anyone confirm the page count?

I'm very excited about this book. For those who have read it\are reading it, what are your views so far?

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000