Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Boo
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Maculo
Acolyte

8 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2004 :  09:31:08  Show Profile  Visit Maculo's Homepage Send Maculo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Truly a miniature giant space hamster or a common rodent?

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2004 :  11:55:04  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe . . .

Or perhaps he's actually the physical manifestation of the third-birthing of Orcus/Tenebrous, forced to serve as a lowly hamster and once again ascend the long hierarchy of the Tanar'ri . . .

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2004 :  17:06:04  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With a guy as large as Minsc, I'm willing to take his word for it... Although...
I hear Boo is a real beast in Battle

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2004 :  10:26:47  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe Boo needs some stats . . .

Was Boo included in any other Realms CRPGs besides Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn?.

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2004 :  12:24:13  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Giant Space Hamster are actually an official part of D&D (see page 28 of Complete book of Gnomes and Halfling)I dont believe theyve ever been stated thou (maybe in the Dragon Lance setting as there assciated with Tinker Gnomes)

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2004 :  13:52:17  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually Giant Space Hamsters are stat'd, in both Dragonlance and Spelljammer material.

They also play a minor role in the DL 'choose-your-own-adventure' style campaign module, Gnomes 100, Dragons 0. Needless to say, it's one of the Sage's favorite adventures . . .

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2004 :  15:52:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of course Giant Space Hamsters have been statted out! My username and sig both come from MC7, the first Spelljammer appendix to the Monstrous Compendium.

A 3.0 conversion can be found here. I found another conversion somewhere else, but I'll be dipped if I can remember where... Also, I wasn't terribly happy with either conversion, because they only did the basic Giant Space Hamster -- they didn't get into the funky breeds like Fire-Breathing Phase Doppelganger Giant Space Hamster...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 21 Apr 2004 15:54:05
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2004 :  16:27:06  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I said, Spelljammer material.

As for the stats on another site, it could be Beyond the Moons. I know that both that site, and the one you've provided a link for - Shattered Fractine - regularly share SJ3e material.

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2018 :  18:19:52  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Rupert,

Dang it! Your URL has been annihilated by a Sphere of Annihilation. Please reincarnate the link....into a miniaturized giant space hamster! Quick! haha

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Of course Giant Space Hamsters have been statted out! My username and sig both come from MC7, the first Spelljammer appendix to the Monstrous Compendium.

A 3.0 conversion can be found here. I found another conversion somewhere else, but I'll be dipped if I can remember where... Also, I wasn't terribly happy with either conversion, because they only did the basic Giant Space Hamster -- they didn't get into the funky breeds like Fire-Breathing Phase Doppelganger Giant Space Hamster...

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2018 :  01:17:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://lost.spelljammer.org/ShatteredFractine/critters/monsters/hamsterg.html

All I did was look at the link, Google "Shattered Fractine" and then go from there.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 30 Sep 2018 01:17:46
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2018 :  04:30:26  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Rupert,

haha...I definitely overlooked that. I need to get more sleep. I've been burning this candle at both ends for way too long.

Thank you for the link again!

Best regards.

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

http://lost.spelljammer.org/ShatteredFractine/critters/monsters/hamsterg.html

All I did was look at the link, Google "Shattered Fractine" and then go from there.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000