Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Telepathy spell?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sourcemaster2
Senior Scribe

USA
361 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2004 :  04:35:49  Show Profile  Visit Sourcemaster2's Homepage Send Sourcemaster2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is there a spell that grants the caster telepathy?(as the supernatural ability) It seems like it would be a handy magic to have, but I haven't seen any mention of it so far.

But what have all the passing years/Done, but breed new angers, fears?/Show me now an equal worth/To innocence I earned at birth.

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2004 :  05:39:57  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That depends on what you want to do. There's the spell detect thoughts, which allows the caster to listen in on surface thoughts if the target fails a save. Then there's the telepathic bond, but I that's only between willing subjects.

Is there something in particular you're looking for?

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2004 :  06:49:37  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, we would like a little more information for this Sourcemaster2.

Besides what the Bookwyrm has already mentioned, there one or two special spells/powers coming in the Expanded Psionics Handbook due out in April. In it, there will be a special section that deals with psionics, it's relation to arcane magic, and ways to combine the two in your campaign.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Sourcemaster2
Senior Scribe

USA
361 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2004 :  12:46:16  Show Profile  Visit Sourcemaster2's Homepage Send Sourcemaster2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was looking for a spell that would allow the caster to send his thoughts into the minds of others in the form of words. This would give one-way telepathic communication to those nearby. That would be useful to coordinate movements of a group, silently issuing instructions to allies, or to just "talk" in an inaudible way if you don't want to be heard. It would be similar to Rary's telepathic bond in its form of communication, but only going "out" from the caster, and not forming any kind of lasting link with whoever is "spoken" with.

But what have all the passing years/Done, but breed new angers, fears?/Show me now an equal worth/To innocence I earned at birth.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000