Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Telepathy spell?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sourcemaster2 Posted - 28 Feb 2004 : 04:35:49
Is there a spell that grants the caster telepathy?(as the supernatural ability) It seems like it would be a handy magic to have, but I haven't seen any mention of it so far.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sourcemaster2 Posted - 28 Feb 2004 : 12:46:16
I was looking for a spell that would allow the caster to send his thoughts into the minds of others in the form of words. This would give one-way telepathic communication to those nearby. That would be useful to coordinate movements of a group, silently issuing instructions to allies, or to just "talk" in an inaudible way if you don't want to be heard. It would be similar to Rary's telepathic bond in its form of communication, but only going "out" from the caster, and not forming any kind of lasting link with whoever is "spoken" with.
The Sage Posted - 28 Feb 2004 : 06:49:37
Yes, we would like a little more information for this Sourcemaster2.

Besides what the Bookwyrm has already mentioned, there one or two special spells/powers coming in the Expanded Psionics Handbook due out in April. In it, there will be a special section that deals with psionics, it's relation to arcane magic, and ways to combine the two in your campaign.
Bookwyrm Posted - 28 Feb 2004 : 05:39:57
That depends on what you want to do. There's the spell detect thoughts, which allows the caster to listen in on surface thoughts if the target fails a save. Then there's the telepathic bond, but I that's only between willing subjects.

Is there something in particular you're looking for?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000