Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Notable combination arcane/divine works
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Morgan Coldsoul
Acolyte

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2014 :  23:47:29  Show Profile  Visit Morgan Coldsoul's Homepage Send Morgan Coldsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
As a newbie, I do so hope this is the correct part of the forums to post this. -_-; I used the search function and couldn't find a specific answer to my question, so I thought I'd ask it here.

Are there any notable works of magic—artifacts, monuments, mythals, etc.—in Realms history that are specifically the result of combined effort by both arcane and divine powers or practitioners? That is to say, objects, art, or other important sites, events, legends, and so on that resulted from arcanists and clerics/druids working deliberately together toward their creation?

In the battle between good and evil...evil gets better clothes.

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2014 :  03:55:48  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've always thought that mythal at Myth Lharast in Amn was created by a combination of arcane and divine magic.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2014 :  03:08:11  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IIRC, High Magic artifacts - like the famous moonblades - are only created under the blessings of the Seldarine.

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

Morgan Coldsoul
Acolyte

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2014 :  10:21:32  Show Profile  Visit Morgan Coldsoul's Homepage Send Morgan Coldsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@George Krashos: I read your theory on Myth Lharast in this thread: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18013 (Sorry, haven't figured out how to code a hyperlink in these forums, yet.) I appreciate your reasoning and agree that it's completely possible, so I'll use that as an example until/unless I find out it's contradicted somewhere in canon.

@Barastir: Can you remember a source for that? It seems likely, and from what I know of moonblades, it would make perfect sense, but it would be great to have more details.

Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2014 :  22:50:22  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the better sources on the moonblades' origins are Elaine Cunningham's novel Evermeet: Island of the Elves and the 2e Arcane Ages sourcebook Cormanthyr: Empire of the Elves.

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

Morgan Coldsoul
Acolyte

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2014 :  02:38:35  Show Profile  Visit Morgan Coldsoul's Homepage Send Morgan Coldsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My mother has a copy of Evermeet; I'll have to pick through it when next I go visit her. Cormanthyr, I don't have, so I will definitely go look it up. Thanks!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000