Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Notable combination arcane/divine works

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Morgan Coldsoul Posted - 17 Oct 2014 : 23:47:29
As a newbie, I do so hope this is the correct part of the forums to post this. -_-; I used the search function and couldn't find a specific answer to my question, so I thought I'd ask it here.

Are there any notable works of magic—artifacts, monuments, mythals, etc.—in Realms history that are specifically the result of combined effort by both arcane and divine powers or practitioners? That is to say, objects, art, or other important sites, events, legends, and so on that resulted from arcanists and clerics/druids working deliberately together toward their creation?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Morgan Coldsoul Posted - 20 Oct 2014 : 02:38:35
My mother has a copy of Evermeet; I'll have to pick through it when next I go visit her. Cormanthyr, I don't have, so I will definitely go look it up. Thanks!
Barastir Posted - 19 Oct 2014 : 22:50:22
I think the better sources on the moonblades' origins are Elaine Cunningham's novel Evermeet: Island of the Elves and the 2e Arcane Ages sourcebook Cormanthyr: Empire of the Elves.
Morgan Coldsoul Posted - 19 Oct 2014 : 10:21:32
@George Krashos: I read your theory on Myth Lharast in this thread: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18013 (Sorry, haven't figured out how to code a hyperlink in these forums, yet.) I appreciate your reasoning and agree that it's completely possible, so I'll use that as an example until/unless I find out it's contradicted somewhere in canon.

@Barastir: Can you remember a source for that? It seems likely, and from what I know of moonblades, it would make perfect sense, but it would be great to have more details.
Barastir Posted - 19 Oct 2014 : 03:08:11
IIRC, High Magic artifacts - like the famous moonblades - are only created under the blessings of the Seldarine.
George Krashos Posted - 18 Oct 2014 : 03:55:48
I've always thought that mythal at Myth Lharast in Amn was created by a combination of arcane and divine magic.

-- George Krashos

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000