Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Maztica Alive! Workshop
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15675 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2018 :  00:44:31  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I keep coming across references to 'dreamers' all over the place (most recently in Doom of Daggerdale). Until I started playing with this Katashaka (and Maztica) stuff, I hadn't noticed how common a theme it was.

Hey Seethyr (or whoever else is working on Maz.) - what did you do with the Star Worm, H'Calos? Weirdly, I was looking for a reference to something completely unrelated, and it lead me to H'Calos (seems quite a few things on Toril "arrived by meteorite"). So when I read through that adventure, it appears he is from H'Catha. It also says that he arrived 'about a thousand years ago'. So that lead me to H'Catha, and I came across some interesting lore I had completely forgotten about: The Archmage Sarelk. The guy lives in a space station above H'Catha, and he created the Batship. His wife tried using the Batship, and she's been trapped as its helmsman ever since, and he's been trying to figure-out how to get her back ever since. And here's the good part (for us) - this all happened about a millennia ago.

So right around the time a major ruckus occurs in space over H'Catha, a Kaiju name H'Calos from H'Catha get itself trapped in a meteor somehow and goes careening across Realmspace to land in Maztica. Seems kind of relevant, no?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 02 Mar 2018 19:25:00
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Senior Scribe

USA
483 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2018 :  05:09:28  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HíCalos was slain by one of Cordellís generals - Alanza DaNosta and the Golden Legion after seriously wrecking Far Payit. Canonically, that was the end of him, but Iíve given him spawn in my bestiary known as HíCalans. At the moment, they are relatively small and live in the limestone caverns that permeate the Far Payit underdark.

All "Maztica Alive" products can be found below, linked to the campaign guide.

TWC1 The Maztica Campaign Guide

Newest Addition: TWR1 The Sea Demon's Pearl

Also, please come join us on the Maztica Alive Yahoo Group:
Join Us
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15675 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2018 :  07:34:29  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm thinking about connecting some of that backstory to Katshaka's Kaiju.

That for whatever reason, these 'god-like beasts' were trapped within 'eggs' (asteroids) in Realmspace back when the Sphere was first formed, and normally The Weave keeps anything from interfering with them, or interacting with them in almost any way (they may even be 'cloaked'). But when Magic 'goes amok' for any reason it could cause one or more of them to head right for Toril and crash. This would include something as magically significant as the activation of the Batship (a huge, powerful artifact*). My thoughts here go beyond this project - I've noticed we've had a LOT of stuff falling from the skies in FR throughout its history, I think its tied to periods of magical destabilization. Anyhow, I'm not quite sure why these are there, but it could explain a lot of the Kaiju we have in Katashaka (they are the 'husks' of primal demigods, like very savage, primitive, proto-gods).

*I picture artifacts (and Epic/High Magic rituals) acting almost like 'black holes' when it comes to magical energies - it 'warps the fabric of magic' itself because of their sheer power. Thus, if you have an artifact that's always 'on', it will begin to create wild magic effects immediately around it, and this 'zone' would grow over time. The fact that these things teleport away ever so often is probably the built-in fail safe, otherwise you may wind-up creating a 'tear in reality'. Another way to look at is that it temporarily 'shorts out' The Weave in a small area, or whatever passes for the Weave on whatever world your on. So gods probably don't like folks using artifacts, because they are like 'hacks' in the magical code, and could cause lasting damage if left unchecked.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 02 Mar 2018 07:36:12
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
7132 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2018 :  18:50:34  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've done nothing with the Star Worm other than read about it. The idea of the nyama-nummo arriving via asteroid is a possibility that might work for some. Actually, that might be a better idea is to give various and different arrival methods for different ones. For instance, one of the nyama-nummo that I'm making is literally Nobanion. The people of Faerun think he's new, but he's been in Katashaka for millennia as a manifestation like the Mulan gods (and periodically showing up in the Gulthmere Forest as well). Then having some nyama-nummo that were brought in via dreams. But maybe having a few that came over as a result of asteroid crashes works.... it could explain the really huge mountain ranges that separate the area with the nyama-nummo from the other areas that are less dangerous.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15675 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2018 :  19:27:23  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, that's what I was thinking of as well - NOT all of them. Just a few , because it shoe-horns nicely with other lore (and also kaiju movies LOL).

The above question/post was actually aimed at Seethyr - I edited it. My bad - I was wondering what he did about the Star Worm in his Maztica Alive stuff.

I went looking into H'Catha because I thought maybe we could find other useful bits there, but weirdly, there is NO mention of ANY 'giant monsters' in regards to the 'planet'. It is, however, incredibly interesting unto itself. Although I am not all that familiar with post-1970's DC comics stories, I have come to like some of the lore, like the Source Wall, which I only learned about because of an Angers/JLA crossover. I have something similar going on with The Veil in my cosmology. Anyway, a piece of that lore I hadn't used in mine was that over the uncounted millennia of the universe, many uber-powerful beings had tried to get past the Source wall, and failed, and became part of the wall. AS I said, that didn't work for my version...

But H'Catha has its own 'cosmic thing' going on - if you climb the spire (the whole 'planet' is almost like a version of the Outlands, in miniature) and manage to reach the top, you are granted the sum of ALL knowledge. You basically become Omniscient. Now, what if other cosmic entities - like savage proto-gods - have tried to assault the spire from time to time, and the spire defended itself by putting them in suspended animation and trapping them in a hardened 'shell'? So there could be dozens of these things floating around in Realmspace - maybe even hundreds. Other than being abnormally spherical, they'd appear to be nothing more than regular asteroids.

However, any sort of major 'wild magic surge' that occurs near them could send them flying toward Toril. Things that affect the Weave in any significant way would do likewise, because The Weave is 'close to everything' in Realmspace. Its almost like a magnetic effect, like that The Spire is reacting to The Weave, by sending 'potential threats' at Toril, because for some unknown reason, Toril is considered the place these things are supposed to 'get sent' (and this could all go back to the reasons why Abeir & Toril were split in the first place).

Anything to add? Comments? Like/Dislike?

Edited by - Markustay on 14 Mar 2018 19:02:07
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
7132 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2018 :  22:31:20  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What makes you think H'Calos actually comes from H'Catha? I only ask because I'm intrigued with the idea, but the only entry I see that seems to hint at it is this one in endless armies. However, Mirandos is basically described as a little bit unhinged to the point of madness and reading the lore for H'Calos and disregarding things (like any warnings). So, I wouldn't take anything she believes as canon. It could be interesting though if H'Calos is a creature from the beholder world. In fact, given the idea of beholders dreaming creatures into being... maybe H'Calos not only came over as an asteroid strike, but maybe he was also a nightmare pulled over by a beholder dreaming. Maybe said beholder made it to the top of the spire, but was driven insane because his brain wasn't big enough, but it opened him up to dream magic in his insanity or something.

Along those same lines, H'Calos being in an asteroid. Beholders have flesh to stone eye rays. What if H'Calos was literally sealed in a ball created from the bodies of those fallen fighting it (i.e. beholders work together to disintegrates enough rock to trap it in a landslide. Then beholders telekinesis' dead bodies into place... while other beholder turns them to stone. When its totally sealed up, they use disintegration to make a channel for the new asteroid to roll into the sea... and which point it rolls out, and then falls off of the edge of the world.

This would assume of course that it was a LOT more powerful previously and that the millennia of sleeping has changed it. If I have Gozirra as a nyama-nummo, I might use the same story. Maybe that's where the original "sleeper" came from as well.

From Endless Armies
Her attackers are to be taken alive, and imprisoned in the Ball Court for sacrifice that evening with the rising of the planet H'#146;Catha, which Mirandos believes is tied to H'#146;Calos#146; power.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 02 Mar 2018 22:35:02
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
574 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2018 :  23:14:25  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

The theory used to be 'one Terrasque per world', and there was even a further theory that it was the same Terrasque (that moved around, a lot like an artifact, as I already said). There was some really bad SJ lore with a 'planet of the Terrasques', which I suppose you could say was where all the world-specific Terrasques go when 'not in use' (so this almost makes them like Avatars, and that planet is some sort of 'Godly Realm'). A world needs some Terrasqu-ing, and one gets sent out. I HATED that. Most people just prefer to ignore that lore, as we should. Its stomps on all previous D&D lore. We could just say those are like 'afterimages' of a Terrasque that was on the world, like illusions, but more actual previous versions of the creature (as if some archmage used some sort of 'time shatter' magic on it - some cosmic MacGuffin like that).

Sorry I'm a bit late to discussion, but I think it's very possible the "Tarrasques" on the planet, might be just Reptilian Gargantua.
http://www.lomion.de/cmm/gargantu.php

I mean, Gargantuas all have regeration akin to a Tarrasque, and Reptillian look similar, and even eat minerals/rocks (among things), like the "Tarrasques" describes in Speljammer. And of I remember right, the reptiles on Falx, aren't outright stated to be Tarrasques, just eerily similar. Another similarity, is that both the Tarrasqye-like reptiles of Falx, and Reptilian Gargantuas, are actuall species, with multiple speciements.

Another possibility, is that the Sleeper takes also the shape of an Reptillian Gargantua, instead of a Tarrasque...it's just harm for most people to make the difference.

Edited by - Baltas on 14 Mar 2018 02:09:07
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
7132 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2018 :  11:14:11  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the reason though that people say that "the sleeper" is a tarrasque is the picture tied to "the sleeper awakens". Also, the first real mention of Katashaka by I think BRJ in one of the candlekeep compendiums talks about the tarrasque down there. Now, technically, according to the story in GHotR, THAT tarrasque (the sleeper) is now dead OR he was killed/hindered temporarily.

You know, it might be interesting if there are "sleeper spawn".... or basically the tarrasque breeding with standard dinosaurs, dire crocodiles, or other large reptile like entities like dragons, land drakes, behirs, etc.... Maybe this creates a much larger, stronger, and more aggressive version of said creatures. Hell, the humans of Katashaka may have been "milking" the sleeper for seed to use in experimentation in creating new species, and as weird as that sounds... maybe that kept him docile....

LOL, and apparently I'm not the first to think of making a "half-tarrasque" template. Granted, I wouldn't use this, but it makes a basis. The idea that you could only breed a tarrasque with something large and vaguely reptilian/draconic would be a big requirement in my book just to make it somewhat remotely believable.

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Half-Tarrasque_(3.5e_Template)

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 14 Mar 2018 11:49:46
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
574 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2018 :  13:28:25  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-sleyvas

Well, in context, this may also explain the origins of the Reptilian Gargantuas, and the giant reptiles of Falx - the spawn of the Tarrasque, and other (reptile or reptile-like) lifeforms...
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15675 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2018 :  19:52:12  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been away from thinking about these Western Realms - I am trying to work on only those things I think will be of the most use to the largest number of people. Not that I am giving up on Katshaka/Maztica, I am just trying to focus my energies for a change (not that that is working out too well either LOL).

As for the Terrasque - I do like the idea that those are NOT terrasques on that planet - that they are some sort of cheap imitations, or may be even 'spawn of'. In fact, we could possibly even combine ideas and say that in D&D, all kaiju are just normal creatures with a terrasque template (or call it the kaiju template, but connect it to the Terrasque - say the thing has some sort of unique system of breading - it 'injects' its eggs into other large creatures, and those things come out looking like a composite creature, sort of how the Aliens work in the Alien movies). Then the young all eat each other until there is only one left. Maybe that's why this thing appears every so often - its some sort of 'cosmic creature' that shows up on worlds just to 'breed', and then it moves on (after its defeated). Like some sort of avatar of Entropy (not THE Entropy lol - more like the concept of it than the thing in FR). Like a 'Force of Nature', it shows up and creates new 'top of the food-chain' creatures, perhaps to 'maintain the balance', or some-such.

Edited by - Markustay on 14 Mar 2018 19:56:15
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Senior Scribe

USA
483 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2018 :  17:03:42  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a random thought. Do you think the city of Manifest (from the Ghostwalk campaign sourcebook), in an altered, updated and Realmsified form, could fit in Katashaka? If youíre interested - that might be my contribution to your version of the continent.

Come to think of it, that might work with incarnum as well.

Join Us
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15675 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2018 :  18:09:08  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll have to take a look. I am trying to complete 5 other maps ATM and one is very close, and I now have real work to do (I came out of retirement - someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse).

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
7132 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2018 :  19:31:39  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

Just a random thought. Do you think the city of Manifest (from the Ghostwalk campaign sourcebook), in an altered, updated and Realmsified form, could fit in Katashaka? If youíre interested - that might be my contribution to your version of the continent.

Come to think of it, that might work with incarnum as well.

Hmmm, had never looked at Ghostwalk, but I'm checking it out. They've got these "deathwarden" dwarves that guarded it. However, what if instead there was involvement with death and shadow giants. Souls that must be punished maybe are given over to the death giants. The idea of a city of living and dead souls working together could well fit as something that's in the area where the Nyama-Nummo are located (making it hard to reach). It would definitely need some work, but worth pondering.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15675 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2018 :  19:42:16  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Death Giants and putting it in that central spot where the Terrasque sleeps sounds perfect (from what little I recall - I only paged-through Ghostwalk years ago and don't remember that much). Excellent call, Slevas. It definitely might be worth tweaking!

...and now, because I mistyped 'tweaked' at first, I am picturing 'twerking' death giants. That will definitely scare folks away.

EDIT:
Maybe the energy from all the undead ('spirit/soul energy') is what is needed to keep the terrasque asleep? Something along those lines? The place needs to remain 'undisturbed' as much as possible? Maybe the 'Tarasajok' (Watcher of The Sleeper) is supposed to be the only living person in the city? That might work.

Edited by - Markustay on 17 Mar 2018 19:46:22
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
7132 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2018 :  00:03:29  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, and thinking on it a bit more, if I'm saying "put this in a place where they nyama-nummo are" maybe having a "death god" living in the city would work.. ruling over the death and shadow giants, as well as a tribe of mortals with a bone fetish. This place being a trap of sorts where the souls of all who die within a certain range are unable to escape to the Fugue Plane. I had not originally wanted a necromantic society in Katashaka, but this could work. Of course, then spell out that this "death god" is not in fact a god, but is in fact a patron for warlocks who is trying to become a god. Maybe he's an ascended fog giant wielding dinosaur bone weapons, etc.... infused with necromantic energy (and I make him different so that he can be the pale god of death amongst these dark skinned giants).

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Senior Scribe

USA
483 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2018 :  14:28:30  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In a way, I was thinking more along the lines of Manifest (which would need a better, more Katashaka appropriate name), would need to be unattached to the Sleeper. Only because thereís a whole continent to fill up and I think if everything revolves around the tarrasque, Katashaka becomes a one trick pony.

I was still hoping to incorporate some major African themes to Kat, and I could see Ghostwalk having a city of the dead somewhere in the savannah where the dead donít stay dead but also donít fit the typical undead city trope that exists in a dozen other spots.

Of course the local tribes of wemics wouldnít see it that way and avoid it at all costs. Perhaps it is forbidden to approach by their own giant lion nyamma-nummo that they worship (possibly a vassal or even enemy to the Cat Lord who is now canonically worshiped in the area).

Sorry my thoughts are all over this morning.

Join Us
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
574 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2018 :  15:53:06  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, the Katashaka and Chult mythology, appear to take a lot of inspiration from Yoruba mythology - Olurobo appears to be inspired by Olorun/Olodumare, and Ubtao by Obatala, both gods from Yoruba religion/mythology (although Ubtao has some elements of Quetzalcoatl).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olodumare
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olorun
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obatala

So I propose to translate Manifest, into the Yorube language - it being "O Farahan". Alternatelly, it could be named after the first city in Yoruba mythology, which also is an actuall city - Ife:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ife
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15675 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2018 :  16:23:25  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, after reading through some of the ghostwalk stuff late last night, I wasn't feeling very inspired. The whole thing was ver hit-or-miss. My biggest concern with it is that it was pointless. They made the 'ghosts' just like the living in Manifest, so they sucked the one cool thing the setting had going for it right out.

Gamer: "So whats so cool about Ghostwalk?"
Designer: "Its a city of ghosts!"
Gamer: "Cool, cool... tell me more."
Designer: "The ghosts are JUST like people!"
Gamer: "Ummm, what do you mean?"
Designer: "Well, they are solid, and they can be killed by regular weapons!"
Gamer: "So, uh... its just a city of regular people?"
Designer: "No they're ghosts!"
Gamer: "So, like the things in the Monster Manuals?"
Designer: "NO! Nothing like them! They have no special powers... they're just the spirits of dead people... who are exactly like they were when they were alive... except they are NOT alive!"
Gamer: "So, undead?"
Designer: "NO! They HATE undead! These aren't monsters... they're just ordinary people."
Gamer: "So you managed to somehow talk WotC into publishing your terrible idea?"
Designer: "Precisely! Now you are finally getting it!"

That's the impression I am left with. They took the barest kernal of a decent idea, and then sucked all the possible flavor right out of it. It may have made a decent setting wrapped around its own set of rules, but too many compromises had to be made to get it to fit into normal D&D.

Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Senior Scribe

USA
483 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2018 :  17:09:12  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baltas

Well, the Katashaka and Chult mythology, appear to take a lot of inspiration from Yoruba mythology - Olurobo appears to be inspired by Olorun/Olodumare, and Ubtao by Obatala, both gods from Yoruba religion/mythology (although Ubtao has some elements of Quetzalcoatl).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olodumare
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olorun
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obatala

So I propose to translate Manifest, into the Yorube language - it being "O Farahan". Alternatelly, it could be named after the first city in Yoruba mythology, which also is an actuall city - Ife:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ife

Thatís a great bit of information. Thank you so much! I honestly had no idea where the inspiration originated and now we have a whole culture to mine.

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Yeah, after reading through some of the ghostwalk stuff late last night, I wasn't feeling very inspired. The whole thing was ver hit-or-miss. My biggest concern with it is that it was pointless. They made the 'ghosts' just like the living in Manifest, so they sucked the one cool thing the setting had going for it right out.

I donít know. I find the uniqueness refreshing. Had it been just another city of the dead Iím sure it wouldnít even be remembered at this point.

But in a lot of ways, youíre right too. There is a kernel of a great idea - but it wasnít done quite right imho. Thatís what makes it so much fun to fix. Thatís how I always felt about Maztica itself to be perfectly honest.

Join Us
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15675 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2018 :  00:10:33  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, today i was thinking about the giant pantheon, even though I'm not currently working on Katshaka (and as I've said multiple times, my Katshaka started out as a conversion of Xen'drik, which is giant-heavy). Anyhow, I cam across something that might interest you, Seethyr...
quote:
The ettins are said to have descended from Grolantor and a monstrous serpent with a head on both ends of her coiled body.

And, for mine and Sleyvas work on Katashaka...
quote:
Hiatea proved herself with a series of daring feats, culmunating in an epic battle with a great monster, sometimes named as a Lernaean hydra with fifty heads and sometimes as the Tarrasque.

And something that might be related to the above two, or something from the 'Before Time' (involving Annam as a Primordial)
quote:
Memnor is variously said to be the son, brother, or enemy of Annam, the giant god of creation. One myth says he was born from the severed head or ripped-out entrails of a titanic, sub-sentient, planet-eating monster slain by Annam or Stronmaus.

So in the 'early years' (pre-Sundering), it seems giants were responsible for killing-off many 'titanic monsters', and we can use this. I now have an actual canon tie-in of the giants binding/defeating the Terrasque.

Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Senior Scribe

USA
483 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2018 :  06:47:19  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nearing completion - this will likely be the last version I post here without it being a finished product. In the meantime, perhaps you might enjoy some of the creatures in it.

TWC7 Monsters DRAFT

I would love to hear any feedback - particularly if I have any glaring typos or you feel like something is wrong. If the artist picks up the pace a bit, I could finally get this out (2 years in the making tbh!).

Join Us

Edited by - Seethyr on 04 Apr 2018 06:47:51
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
574 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2018 :  09:12:18  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, about the Tarrasque spawning other, similar monsters, a similar idea appeared in the recent "Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters" anime movie - the original Godzilla (called Godzilla Earth, to symbolize how he rulled Earth for 20 thousands years) - who is 300 meters/over 1000 feet tall - spawned another Godzilla - the 50 meter/164 feet high Godzilla Filius, and the flying Servum - (controlled by Godzilla Filius, hence ther name - Servum - latin for "Slave").

Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Senior Scribe

USA
483 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2018 :  21:42:14  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone used the ďGoing Ape!Ē adventure from Dungeon 192? Itís a 4e adventure that Iím trying to convert for my players. It is set in a Mayan setting and seems like it could be used in its entirety (even though great apes seem a little out of place).

If you own it, would you like me to post my conversion notes when complete?

Join Us
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Senior Scribe

USA
483 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2018 :  20:19:49  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And TWC7 True World Bestiary III is done!

Join Us
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15675 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2018 :  21:10:14  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yay!

quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

Has anyone used the ďGoing Ape!Ē adventure from Dungeon 192? Itís a 4e adventure that Iím trying to convert for my players. It is set in a Mayan setting and seems like it could be used in its entirety (even though great apes seem a little out of place).
I have placed those locales in Chult, north of Samarach (and linked it to the two earlier Dungeon Magazine AP's when Paizo was still working with WotC, and we had all those wonderful FR conversion notes).

I tied it to the lore I had where Samarach was taken-over (sort of) by the ex-patriate Mazticans who were in Amn. One of these days I will get back to that massive, multi-conversion project (it also contained all the Abeir locales which I spread throughout the Chultlan 'arm').

On another note, for those of you interested in or working things 'further afield' (more northerly) - the mock-up map I did showing all the 'Western Realms' (everything 'across the sea', including Evermeet - all three continents plus MANY islands), so some of Slevas' (?) material on the Metahel may be able to be tied in here...

Anyhow, I was looking for a certain quote (which I am starting to think doesn't exist), going through every source I could find that covers 'ancient elves' and related events, and I found something I hadn't ever noticed before: check out the Four Sons entry on pg.59 of LEoF! I am thinking there is some secret 'island base' with a 'lost kingdom' of Aryvandaar elves! I am picturing it in the north, among all those islands leading from Anchoromť to the far NW corner of FaerŻn, but it could just as easily be placed south somewhere, like among the islands of Eskember.

Edited by - Markustay on 14 Apr 2018 21:12:41
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2018 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000