Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Tyranny of Dragons
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Krafus
Learned Scribe

246 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2014 :  14:34:32  Show Profile  Visit Krafus's Homepage Send Krafus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Wait for the Tyranny of Dragons novels ...

Good one. I do wish there were novels for ToD, though I'd like them to focus on the Cult's activities in a location other than the Sword Coast, and so let the gamers who will play through the adventures be the ones who put down the overall threat. The novels could provide DMs running groups through the adventures ideas/descriptions about how people/cities are reacting to the Cult's attacks, as well as providing information/flavor about the "new" Cult's inner workings (and the dissension of the "old guard").
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2014 :  17:24:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

I think i'm gonna try my hand at predicting the next novel/RSE line for the forgotten realms.

"The Green Horde"

For 10,000 years the orcs living under the lands of Unther, Mulhorand, and Chessenta have been hiding under the instructions of their orc god Talos.

Now Talos wishes to unleash them on the world and the PCs must gather the forces of The Harpers, The Church of Deneir, The Red Plumes, and the Zhentarim peacekeepers to battle the horde.

They must also gather nine artefacts created by Deneir when the orcs first arrived that will put them all to sleep and make them docile forever.

Of course all orcs are now mountain orcs and always have been. The Zhentarim are now an organisation of international peacekeepers. Talos has always been the only orc god in existence, and the people of Mulhorand, Unther, and Chessenta have all become pacifists upon their return.

But its okay its not an RSE because it only affects the Old Empires region and once the party assemble the artefacts all the orcs go away and everything gets put back how it was.

Gosh, it must be great to be psychic and to know all details of things before they're ever published. Where can I learn this skill, so I can prejudge everything whenever I want to?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

hobbitfan
Learned Scribe

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2014 :  19:15:27  Show Profile Send hobbitfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This thread has been interesting. I did not realize that the Tyranny of Dragons set-up with Tiamat potentially breaks continuity.

Do you guys think WOTC is ignoring Tiamat's presence in the Realms previous or is this an oversight on their part?

Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2014 :  19:33:46  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I reckon it is a mixture of ignorance (some of them didn't know Tiamat had existed in the realms as one of the more active powers in recent years - especially fighting Gilgeam) and ignorance (some of them did know and didn't care, probably because they don't think we will notice or care after the recent upheaval).

Of course as always im the bitter one (although I prefer to think of myself as a realist) so take my musings with a pinch of salt.

I'm sure in reality it was an honest mistake (and im really from another planet)

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2014 :  20:53:34  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Matt Sernett is active on twitter (@Sernett). Someone could just ask him what the deal is.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Shemmy
Senior Scribe

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2014 :  22:30:07  Show Profile  Visit Shemmy's Homepage Send Shemmy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hashimashadoo

I did comment on the issue of Tiamat's imprisonment and Wolfgang Baur got back to me saying:

"Ah, but the canon we were given by Wizards of the Coast was that she is imprisoned. It was the premise provided by Wizards, and Kobold Press really isn’t in a position to dictate canon to the Wizards team."

That's really unfortunate, and kudos to Wolfgang to providing a reply and being a standup guy about the issue.

So WotC has either a really bizarre retcon or a continuity gaff in the first big module for 5e. :(

Shemeska the Marauder, King of the Crosstrade; voted #1 best Arcanaloth in Sigil two hundred years running by the people who know what's best for them; chant broker; prospective Sigil council member next election; and official travel agent for Chamada Holiday specials LLC.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000