Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Red Aegis RPG by Vorpal Games
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

EytanBernstein
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2013 :  19:07:10  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Woot! And look at all that money. :)

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2013 :  21:31:07  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Super excited that the RED AEGIS Kickstarter is now live. If you're a fan of maps follow this link: http://www.loremaster.org/RedAegis/art/NamaruneProgressAnimation.gif

It's a gif animation of Mike Schley drawing the map of Namarune-the heartlands of the Red Aegis setting.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2013 :  11:41:23  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We are now half-way to funding. Once that goal is reached, then we're on to the lucrative stretch-goals!

http://loremaster.org/RedAegis/SupportRedAegis.html
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2013 :  15:03:02  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Getting there - more then halfway now, and still over a month to go. Not too shabby. I'd like to see this reach the $200 million mark.

If it reaches $100K, you should offer a T-shirt with Brian posing with the Duck Dynasty guys. I just feel like that needs to exist.

Serious Suggestion: I realize that its all concept art at this point, but I really feel the 'Hacker's Guide' should have a picture of an Inheritor with a huge axe raised, ready to HACK some creature - or person - in two (with a Red Monolith dominating the background, of course).

Then you get Ed Greenwood to write the story behind the pic; something real short, as an intro to that tome.

Edited for Grammatical Correction.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 22 Jul 2013 18:51:54
Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2013 :  15:57:31  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If we reach $100k, I'll come up with something funny for you, Mark :D
Go to Top of Page

Shemmy
Senior Scribe

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2013 :  00:07:14  Show Profile  Visit Shemmy's Homepage Send Shemmy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome :)

Good luck to you guys with this!

Shemeska the Marauder, King of the Crosstrade; voted #1 best Arcanaloth in Sigil two hundred years running by the people who know what's best for them; chant broker; prospective Sigil council member next election; and official travel agent for Chamada Holiday specials LLC.
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2013 :  00:17:37  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Todd!

If anyone from Candlekeep does pledge to the RED AEGIS kickstarter, please send us a message through the site with your Candlekeep handle. Matt and I want to do something special for our Candlekeep supporters.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2013 :  14:47:34  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL - I haven't worn a 'Candlekeep supporter' since gym class in High School.

Gotta keep the ol' candle safe, ya know.

Can't believe how close you guys are to your primary goal already - looks like you are going to have a LOT of work ahead of you. Fortunately, it'll be a labor of love.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2013 :  20:00:02  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The primary goal is just the beginning. Once we are funded, then the stretch goals start to kick in!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2013 :  02:30:07  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To Brian and Matt: Congratulations on getting funded. You've clearly inspired the RPG community and I for one can't wait to see what comes next from Red Aegis. Great stuff.*cheering emoticon*

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2013 :  07:17:26  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats!

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2013 :  07:20:36  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats!

Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2013 :  19:58:57  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We're pushing along. Our first Stretch Goal is a Pathfinder "Hacker's Guide", so that you can use Red Aegis with PFRPG.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vorpalgames/red-aegis-roleplaying-game
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2013 :  20:04:14  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Everything about this project is so good, people have to say everything twice!

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2013 :  03:24:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I'm preparing my new budget for next month at this very moment, so I am inclined to hope that I'll have an opportunity to provide financial backing for RED AEGIS before week's end.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2013 :  11:17:00  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I'm preparing my new budget for next month at this very moment, so I am inclined to hope that I'll have an opportunity to provide financial backing for RED AEGIS before week's end.

Outstanding :)
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2013 :  16:24:54  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I'm preparing my new budget for next month at this very moment, so I am inclined to hope that I'll have an opportunity to provide financial backing for RED AEGIS before week's end.[/quote]Ditto, though in my case it's making sure rent's paid first, kickstarter(s) second.

Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2013 :  20:41:39  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you guys have a Red Aegis presentation or other event at Gen Con? If so, you should let the gang here know about it.
Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2013 :  22:48:54  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a guest of honor this year, so you can bet I'll be trying to get content in about Red Aegis when I can. Otherwise, you can come visit Brian and I at the "World Building with the James Brothers" seminar: SEM1344237

https://gencon.com/events/44237
Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2013 :  17:23:33  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
About one of our Stretch Goals: RED AEGIS TACTICS
Chronospheric storms wrack the annuls of time and space as the anchors of power react violently against the impending invasion. Bloodlines vie for power as they call upon the prestige of their past, and summon forth the vestige of their famed ancestors. Glory to the victor as the death of all ages begin!

Red Aegis Tactics is a small tactical skirmish game that is designed for 2-6 players. Players construct an army using everything from axe-weilding barbarians, to spell-slinging archmages--from incredulous biker gang vagabonds, to futuristic space soldiers. This is truly the battle of all ages. Construct your army, deploy to the fields of battle, and defend the prestige of your legacy.
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2013 :  21:00:14  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
io9.com posted an interview with me today discussing RED AEGIS: Control the epic sweep of history in the fascinating new RPG Red Aegis

There is also the Geek Native interview if you haven't read it yet: RED AEGIS promises hard choices and a new style of RPG

Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2013 :  22:13:26  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Edit: Damn. Can't share photos :/

Edited by - Matt James on 01 Aug 2013 22:14:06
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2013 :  02:50:51  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt James

Edit: Damn. Can't share photos :/

Sorry about that, Matt. It's the limitations of the Snitz software, unfortunately.

Rest assured Candlekeep 2 will have image-uploading capability.

In the meantime, linking directly to image-host sites is still a viable [though not as convenient] method, should you wish to proceed further with this.

Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2013 :  10:36:43  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hehe, no problem. Death to Snitz! Move to a php-based CMS.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2013 :  15:04:32  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just about at $32K - I guess the hacker's guide (to be use with the Pathfinder rules) is now going to be produced. Lets see if we can hit the next goal.

I am SO tasting that Ed Greenwood written adventure module! Lets make that happen!*

*Any chance something like that could have 'adaption' notes on how to use it in FR, and perhaps Gol? Something along the lines of what Paizo used to do with their Dungeon AP's? I realize that would mean securing permission, but with both Ed and Stephen Radney-MacFarland onboard, that might be a remote possibility.

Edited by - Markustay on 02 Aug 2013 15:14:58
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2013 :  05:09:22  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just noticed there are two 50K stretch-goals and no 45K goal - is that a mistake?

Getting real close to the 'Ed Greenwood goodness'.

Go to Top of Page

ksu_bond
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
214 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2013 :  05:55:00  Show Profile Send ksu_bond a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tactics would come with 45K :-D
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2013 :  08:11:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And it is with a great sense of both pleasure and satisfaction, that I type the words "I've backed this project!"

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2013 :  14:03:36  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ksu_bond

Tactics would come with 45K :-D
In best Homer Simpson voice...

UH-DOH!

Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2013 :  18:08:19  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for backing Sage! We really appreciate it.

RED AEGIS only is about $800 away from unlocking short fiction by Ed Greenwood! I cannot wait to see Ed breath life into this setting.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vorpalgames/red-aegis-roleplaying-game

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000