Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Red Aegis RPG by Vorpal Games
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2013 :  04:04:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

RED AEGIS only is about $800 away from unlocking short fiction by Ed Greenwood! I cannot wait to see Ed breath life into this setting.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vorpalgames/red-aegis-roleplaying-game

More Ed-fiction?

Squee!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

ksu_bond
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
214 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2013 :  05:19:12  Show Profile Send ksu_bond a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More Ed fiction indeed!!! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vorpalgames/red-aegis-roleplaying-game
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2013 :  11:08:43  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Second Stretch-Goal reached!!!

Now we get some of that great Greenwoodiness we all love and crave.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2013 :  22:44:37  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love EGG (Ed Greenwood Goodness)

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2013 :  23:46:55  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was thinking EGG as E. Gary Gygax for a second there.

Congrats to the James Brothers and associated contributors for a successful project. I know there are some days left, but this thing is funded and well on its way.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2013 :  14:10:47  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aren't they both 'good eggs'?

I should change my name to Edward Elric Grossbottom....

NAHHHHHHHHHH...

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2013 :  13:11:27  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We've blown past unlocking the Red Aegis Hacker's Guide to FATE CORE (woohoo!) and are now chipping away at the tactical miniatures game! Then on to 13th Age!
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2013 :  22:36:41  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I finally got around to backing this project. I'm looking forward to everything to do with Red Aegis as the days and months go by. This will be good.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2013 :  04:23:25  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Grenemyer

I finally got around to backing this project. I'm looking forward to everything to do with Red Aegis as the days and months go by. This will be good.

I've felt an near-overwhelming sense of contentment since backing this project.

I'm really pleased with practically everything I've read so far about RED AEGIS. I look forward to what we'll learn next!

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  03:26:31  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ladies & gentlemen, we have TACTICS.

One more stretch-goal reached; lets get that Erik DeBie story now...

Edited by - Markustay on 12 Aug 2013 03:27:46
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  04:35:24  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Over on the Loremaster forums Brian R. James recently answered some questions about the Red Aegis game system and gave some details on the scope of the game. Worth a look.

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  07:00:51  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the Tactics expansion is an awesome stretch goal that will give lots of gaming joy to all. Now, for the tall guy.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  01:53:23  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FIVE (5) days remaining. If you haven't jumped on. You might want to consider it now. We won't be able to replicate the value you'll get by supporting via Kickstarter. At those beneficial levels, you'll get a bucket-load of content, add-ons, and additional games.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2013 :  19:01:43  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just pledged.

Another $2236 to the next stretch-goal, with only EIGHT HOURS left.

If you have any interest in this project, PLEDGE NOW. Quick... before the zombies eat your brains!!!

Edited by - Markustay on 23 Aug 2013 19:15:38
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2013 :  20:30:15  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt James

FIVE (5) days remaining. If you haven't jumped on. You might want to consider it now. We won't be able to replicate the value you'll get by supporting via Kickstarter. At those beneficial levels, you'll get a bucket-load of content, add-ons, and additional games.

Wow. I almost missed out on this. Even though time will most likely not allow me to play, I am more than happy to support you guys and grab a hardcopy (hopefully to get signatures at a future con).

Congrats on getting funded and more importantly, congrats on your team. It's like you got the entire first round of a fantasy draft. This project will rock.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2013 :  00:02:51  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Only 3 hours left. Jump in while you can. We would be more than happy to sign anything you want at the next Candlekeep seminar at Gen Con.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2013 :  03:22:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Only 3 hours left. Jump in while you can. We would be more than happy to sign anything you want at the next Candlekeep seminar at Gen Con.

I've spent most of yesterday and today reminding even the most peripherally-connected gamer [RPG, video games, tabletop games, etc.] at most of the locales I frequent to pledge for this Kickstarter.

I get the feeling that RED AEGIS will come to eventually offer a little something for just about every fan of gaming in general.

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2013 :  04:48:36  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It finished off very well...

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2013 :  20:59:39  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

crap! I funded a level to low, i think.....I wanted to get the Unleashed stuff and not sure if I do at Sage level.

oh well...im still glad it's happening

Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2013 :  16:39:03  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We have a Slacker Backer option, if you missed out on something. Check it out here: http://www.loremaster.org/content.php?317-Red-Aegis-SLACKER-BACKER-option
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2013 :  15:40:51  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

We have a Slacker Backer option, if you missed out on something. Check it out here: http://www.loremaster.org/content.php?317-Red-Aegis-SLACKER-BACKER-option

Thanks, I'll check it out soon and make sure my backing is where I wanted it to be.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2013 :  20:12:55  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Matt, Now I'm a backer and a Slacker Backer!

Edited by - The Red Walker on 30 Aug 2013 20:13:16
Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2013 :  22:07:25  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Woot! Slacker!
Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2013 :  21:58:42  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If anyone here at the Keep pledged to Red Aegis and needs access to the backer-only forum. Head over to Loremaster.org and sign up. We're starting to put some stuff out there.
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2013 :  06:50:25  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For those of you following or participating in the devlopment of Red Aegis, Matt James has posted a November update that's worth a read.

Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2014 :  15:30:13  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jeremy, thanks!

As of now, in February, we're moving into beta testing. That means our backers will soon get to playtest as well. All is rolling along and we're soon to take the book and explode in ways only Realms fans can appreciate (lore, content, and yummy gooey story!).
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2014 :  20:40:56  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Matt, any word on the status of the Loremaster forums?

Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2014 :  22:39:03  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry for my delayed response.

1) My non-gaming career has absorbed a huge portion of my life in recent months. Things should calm down soon enough.

2) I didn't want to spend too much time working on Loremaster.org while Red Aegis was in development. It will grow back to it's former self. In fact, there could be some rather exciting an interesting news regarding it, and another rather large website (don't worry, I'm not selling).

3) Ed turned over his work on Red Aegis. Ooooh eeeeemmmm geeeeee. It's pretty surreal to think that one of my favorite storytellers has put his touch on our world. He can take a grain of sand and turn it into a world. Keep your eyes peeled.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000