Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 DDI -- 'Dragon'/'Dungeon' compiled PDFs
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  03:33:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
It looks like Wizards might be returning to the method of compiling their entire lot of monthly articles for each and every DRAGON and DUNGEON, into downloadable PDFs.

The current issue, DRAGON #416, is now available here:- http://wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/dragon/2012October

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 12 Oct 2012 03:35:09

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  15:24:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Which further indicates that they're never going to adopt a pay-per-article approach... Oh, well, I can continue not giving them money.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  15:38:52  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Until recently was not aware they stopped putting them together like promised. *sighs*

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  17:08:03  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was happy with the original way of doing things, making each article separate and with the option of downloading the whole thing at the end of the month. That way, any changes they could make to the rules or content could be made throughout the month (due to proper feedback) and put the "final" magazine together as a full-download.

Also, as a Piece-by-piece magazine they COULD have made each article a separate cost that didn't require a DDI account. LIke Wooly mentiones, a lot of people might have downloaded JUST the Forgotten Realms articles or the Eberron or Dark Sun articles but left everthing alone. This could be say, $5.00 an article but with a full DDI account, you get a discount because your subscribing to the whole thing.

Just seemed like a missed opportunity to get more money from non-DDI subscribers.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2012 :  02:11:06  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
November's DRAGON #417 issue is now available for download.

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2012 :  16:59:26  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am very pleased they're doing this.

It's way overdue and makes for a more professional, organized presentation of monthly material.

Which is to say I am far more likely to at least look over something non-Realms that's in Dragon or Dungeon when these magazines are compiled and "shipped" in one long-form PDF.

EDIT: It also makes citing a source easier when compiling material for reference purposes on wiki pages and the like.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 19 Nov 2012 17:00:54
Go to Top of Page

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2012 :  18:42:04  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Love their idea to compile the articles into one pdf, but unfortunately I don't have any spare coppers to rub together to subscribe for a DDI account, and frankly, I never will as I don't see the point in having an account just for the articles.

"Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet." - traditional elven farewell

Please forgive any spelling and grammer errors, as my android touch-screen phone has no spellchecker. If I do make a grammer mistake, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

New laptop, still trying to sort my "scrolls" on its shelves...and when will this cursed thing stop doing things I tell it not to?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2013 :  03:24:04  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I forgot about the link for December's issue, so here 'tis:- December 2012 -- DRAGON #418. And we have January's issue too, now, as well:- January 2013 -- DRAGON #419.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000