Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 DDI -- 'Dragon'/'Dungeon' compiled PDFs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The Sage Posted - 12 Oct 2012 : 03:33:43
It looks like Wizards might be returning to the method of compiling their entire lot of monthly articles for each and every DRAGON and DUNGEON, into downloadable PDFs.

The current issue, DRAGON #416, is now available here:- http://wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/dragon/2012October
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 15 Jan 2013 : 03:24:04
I forgot about the link for December's issue, so here 'tis:- December 2012 -- DRAGON #418. And we have January's issue too, now, as well:- January 2013 -- DRAGON #419.
Xnella Moonblade-Thann Posted - 06 Dec 2012 : 18:42:04
Love their idea to compile the articles into one pdf, but unfortunately I don't have any spare coppers to rub together to subscribe for a DDI account, and frankly, I never will as I don't see the point in having an account just for the articles.
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 19 Nov 2012 : 16:59:26
I am very pleased they're doing this.

It's way overdue and makes for a more professional, organized presentation of monthly material.

Which is to say I am far more likely to at least look over something non-Realms that's in Dragon or Dungeon when these magazines are compiled and "shipped" in one long-form PDF.

EDIT: It also makes citing a source easier when compiling material for reference purposes on wiki pages and the like.
The Sage Posted - 13 Nov 2012 : 02:11:06
November's DRAGON #417 issue is now available for download.
Diffan Posted - 12 Oct 2012 : 17:08:03
I was happy with the original way of doing things, making each article separate and with the option of downloading the whole thing at the end of the month. That way, any changes they could make to the rules or content could be made throughout the month (due to proper feedback) and put the "final" magazine together as a full-download.

Also, as a Piece-by-piece magazine they COULD have made each article a separate cost that didn't require a DDI account. LIke Wooly mentiones, a lot of people might have downloaded JUST the Forgotten Realms articles or the Eberron or Dark Sun articles but left everthing alone. This could be say, $5.00 an article but with a full DDI account, you get a discount because your subscribing to the whole thing.

Just seemed like a missed opportunity to get more money from non-DDI subscribers.
Kentinal Posted - 12 Oct 2012 : 15:38:52
Until recently was not aware they stopped putting them together like promised. *sighs*
Wooly Rupert Posted - 12 Oct 2012 : 15:24:07
Which further indicates that they're never going to adopt a pay-per-article approach... Oh, well, I can continue not giving them money.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000