Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Adventure Quarterly
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2012 :  23:34:02  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
After a few false starts, it's finally here, the spiritual successor to Dungeon Magazine for the Pathfinder RPG: Adventure Quartely #1 features three adventures - discover what's caused the disappearance of several chefs in the city of Somnal in Too Many Cooks by Adam Daigle; Deal with natural disaster in The Book of Promises by Tim Connors; and finally, bend your mind with the psionics in The Soul Siphon by Tim Hitchcock.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett

Edited by - Kajehase on 16 Apr 2012 23:40:01

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2012 :  03:15:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very interesting.

I don't usually make use of published adventures, but I must admit that I'm intrigued by the offerings featured in this new publication.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2012 :  18:37:21  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Soul Siphon by a guy named Hitchcock?

If thats not a nom de plume, then he's definitely writing the right sort of material - his name is his best advertisement.

Glad to see Paizo doing this; PF is looking more and more like D&D then D&D does. Thanks for the link.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 17 Apr 2012 18:38:22
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2012 :  21:50:06  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Glad to see Paizo doing this; PF is looking more and more like D&D then D&D does. Thanks for the link.

It's actually third party publisher Rite Publishing doing the publishing.

Though all three adventure-writers have written stuff for Paizo in the past - and Adam Daigle is even a full-time staffer there since a month or two back.

And old Dungeon readers might remember an adventure or two by Tim Connors (The Spider-Eater Siege [or something close to that] springs to mind.)

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2012 :  23:06:11  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is available in print-on-demand as well now.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2012 :  19:19:37  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

It's actually third party publisher Rite Publishing doing the publishing.
So its not set in Golarion?

Then I have little interest in the product; I only read published adventures for the kernels of setting-lore they contain.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2013 :  19:17:56  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Issue #3 available at Drivethru RPG now.

"Inside you will find adventures by Matt Banach, Michael Welham, and Alex Putnam which cover the breadth of adventure and mystery in unusual environs and with uncanny folk. Creighton Broadhurst of Raging Swan Press shares more of his random dungeon flavor and augmentations for a location. Steven D. Russell talks about what brings adventurers together, and how they can stay connected.

Adventures are designed for 3rd, 5th, and 13th level characters, with detailed maps, creative encounters, and evocative NPCs!"

Terry Pratchett

Edited by - Kajehase on 13 Jan 2013 19:18:19
Go to Top of Page

Daviot
Senior Scribe

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2013 :  23:12:57  Show Profile  Visit Daviot's Homepage Send Daviot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

"Inside you will find adventures by Matt Banach, Michael Welham, and Alex Putnam* which cover the breadth of adventure and mystery in unusual environs and with uncanny folk. Creighton Broadhurst of Raging Swan Press shares more of his random dungeon flavor and augmentations for a location. Steven D. Russell talks about what brings adventurers together, and how they can stay connected.

Adventures are designed for 3rd, 5th, and 13th level characters, with detailed maps, creative encounters, and evocative NPCs!"

*Emphasis mine.
And just for posterity's sake, the original adventure I stuck into a Golarion game (because my Faerūn game died of schedule-change-splosion ), I originally had the likes of the High Moor and the Thar going through my head when I designed it.
It ended up as Rite's deity set because that's what da Boss wanted, but it'd be easy to sub in Chauntea and Kelemvor where appropriate.

One usually has far more to fear from the soft-spoken wizard with a blade and well-worn boots than from the boisterous one in the ivory tower.
My Tabletop Writing CV.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000